Daily check in thread: you are not alone!

Options
elize7
elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
I've found some threads like this in other groups and I find much support and make more connections in those groups just by being able to share and respond regularly.So, here goes...

For the third time this week I've started and failed at a food plan that I know is good for me, and i so want to succeed, but I don't follow through. Definitely emotional sabotage eating. I know it's even worse to pile on with shame, defeat, and no good thinking...but i still do.

I also know that i will try again tomorrow because i always do. It feels like a vicious repeating cycle and it has become that.
Wish I knew how to jump off and just be a good old steady eddie.

I like the thread on non food things to do intead of eating.i should read it every day.

Thanks for checking in !

Replies

• sfgaglio
    sfgaglio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I start and go off plan daily too. Everything is fine until I get upset in some way and then impulse rules. Tips always say to stop and think but how do I do that when I don’t even know I am doing it until I am in the middle of it
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Daily check in is a great idea 👍 you are not alone. Just the other day I was itching and wondered why since I hadn’t eaten any gluten for a couple days when I remembered I did eat a small piece of leftover birthday cake while cleaning up the kitchen. Why did I do this? Not quite sure. It felt like an automatic response to wasted food. Sub conscious but not really 🤔 finding the trigger is important. When I’m struggling with my eating instead of taking it day by day I will make that goal even smaller and take it one meal at a time. As long as you keep trying to live the healthy lifestyle you envision for yourself then your winning. Even inconsistency over time can show consistency. Hugs
  • GwynLeder
    GwynLeder Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like daily check in as well. writing helps me
  • krazyme160
    krazyme160 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new and checking in. Today has been just like most of my days. I make sure to view and read anything that helps me to have belly laughs and keep my mind off issues I may be having. I'm 70 (oops, turned 71 on the 4th) I usually say I'm one year older on my birthday but now I think I will stop at 70. lol
    My days are usually the same. I do a lot of laying around but am going to try my best to get more active. Since covid, I only go out to doctor's appointments, but I think I need to change that also. I know I am at the end of my life cycle and I want to enjoy what's left, having fun while doing so.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.