June 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @Sparx_81 I really like the 80/20 running that is in Matt Fitzgerald's book. I read the entire book and it makes sense to me. It seems that it is working at slowly building up my pace and endurance....but it is slow. However, I don't dread most of the runs because I know I can go slow and feel good about it. :wink: I also like his plans and the speed work that he throws in the mix. I also run/walk - not exactly the Jeff Galloway method, but I don't feel that I have to run and not take any walk breaks to be "running" and walking a bit helps me to not feel overly fatigued after a long run.

@7lenny7 It was cloudy for the launches, yes there were two, but I got a glimpse of the one on Friday from the beach and saw the other on TV. I saw several of the shuttle launches back in the day and also saw it being flown back to the Cape on the back of an airplane a couple of times. I spent 4 years of my AF life working at Cape Canaveral, getting satellites ready to be launched and working on the pads and launch day....mostly the Delta booster and GPS satellites. I never tire of seeing a launch. The night ones are the best.

Congrats on getting to 80k @yirara !

@RunsOnEspresso You have a great attitude about your mileage. It is hot and doing what you can do is what counts.

@marisap2010 I should get Matt's nutrition book. I bought "Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow." cook book/book by Flanagan & Kopecky. It makes sense to me and also touts eating less processed foods. I do feel better when I do that, just not made it a habit yet.

Great running everyone. I have skimmed and liked and hugged as appropriate.

I got back from my vacation yesterday. I only managed to run a couple of times, but did walk every day, so I count that as a win. My goal for June was 80 miles total of running and intentional fast walking. I only managed 63.55, but am happy with that considering the trip that I wasn't planning on at the beginning of the month.

See you all in the July thread.