50+ and Low Carb

Options
CrankyGoat2
CrankyGoat2 Posts: 6 Member
I'm 50+ and weigh around 250 lbs; otherwise healthy and physically active with love of the outdoors; exploring the OMAD lifestyle with a Low Carb component to help truly kick in the weight loss. Besides, much of the research I've explored indicates it is a good lifestyle choice to make when in the 50+ category and physically active.

Seeking like-minded MFP "Friend's" to help encourage; educate; and support each other along our respective journeys

Replies

• Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.

There is a lot of helpful information on Dr. Berry and Dr. Cywes YouTube channels even if you don't go full carnivore.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, CrankyGoat! I started my LC journey in November of 2013 when I was 49. Lost the 35 lbs by mid-Feb 2014 to reach goal just before I turned 50. Holding pretty steady since then although up from goal a few lbs. I do Intermittent Fasting either 16:8 or 18:6 depending on the day's schedule.
    You might want to join the monthly challenges on the low carber daily forum. Lots of regular commenters and support and 'cheering on' when you need it. I'm also in the 50+ Low Carber Women group for more specific 'mature women's issues' support.