New to group and admitting

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am a binge eater and (more than I like to admit)a purger. I have joined this group to gain control over this issue in my life as it has plagued me for too long. I have educated myself so much on nutrition, dieting and fitness over the years in hopes that all my knowlege would help me over-come my binging but has done little except now I bing on extremely healthy foods along with some not-so-healthy foods. I have viewed some of the discussions in this group and find them very insightful and supportive so I feel confident joining.
I wish all of you the best of luck and see you around the discussion board.
C

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassey. I'm a newer member of this group and have also found comfort in reading the different discussions. It definitely helps you not to feel so...alone in the struggle. Best of luck to you as well.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I can write a book on the topic :) Here's one thing I know from reading and through personal experience - don't think of it as something you "control" because that is the root of emotional eating. It is far better to accept (as you have, well done!) and find ways to manage.

I see this as a way of living as one who has binging in her DNA. This part is totally m opinion ad it works for me.

I just had a few nights of bad binging, a relapse after YEARS of no major episodes. I am very disappointed. But I also know that i can shrug it off, get on with my usual workouts. beware of my stress level, etc...and of course, to vent and get support here!

Welcome. It is hard and not everyone understands. You are in good company.
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great, supportive group! The great thing here is that everyone has struggled in some way or another with binge eating and is working on moving forward. You're not alone!