Brand new to this group...I wish to share recipes, I am on 1200 calories.

Hi everyone, I joined myfitnesspal a few years ago but not seriously until now! My amazing daughter who is a fitness coach is going to help me with a menu for 30 days. I am excited, but I do not know how to create recipes and need help so I can share recipes with others. I plan to use the Mediterraean Diet for my base, then, eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day and one cheat day a week, where I have a dessert. I'd like good dessert recipes.

Replies

• Stasi14
    Stasi14 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi one of my favourite sweets is biscuits case. My grandma used to make it and I don’t have the exact but she was mixing some cream and for the cakes layers are from plain biscuits. First layer of biscuits, next layer of cream. On top you finish the cake with a cream and some fruits for decoration.
    If you want more recipes for sweets you can try this link https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/
  • PurplePenguinnn
    PurplePenguinnn Posts: 32 Member
    I could never do a cheat day. I have to do a cheat dinner. I can completely eat all my weight loss back in a day. any way when I build a recipe. I start with a calorie goal and then a flavor that I am wanting. Meat is usually the highest calorie thing I eat so I portion it out and any sauce if I want that, Then I build my veggies around it. ex Fish is low calorie so when I want a sweet potatoes I pair it with fish and add brocoli. When I invented my chili recipe. I knew I wanted ground beef. So I replicated it with Ground turkey and beef base. I also wanted some beans. so I added in extra tomatoes. Then I seperated it out into containers... other wise I will go back for seconds not because I am hungry... So like your daughter is making you a meal plan. I make my own by freezing 200 calorie meals and pulling them out randomly when it is time to eat. for sweet i do popcorn with 1 tablespoon mini m&Ms. Strawberries whip cream. I do ice cream cones. when I buy ice cream I measure it all out and put it in the freezer so I can grab and go and have to make a conscience effort to go get more instead of scooping it out .