KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,551 Member
It's July already!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Got my hair done. Not totally in love with the cut, but since half my hair fell out from COVID and now it is growing back all different lengths, she textured it to make it look better. I am doing another 36 hour fast. I probably won't keep these up too long. I just need a kickstart to get me on a roll. I really need to start logging on feast days. I think I am eating more than I realize.
    Have a great weekend, all!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to IF, but think it's going to be a "love match" for me in the long-term. I've decided to do 4:3 fasting, with my low-cal days being M-W-F. I try to get within 100 kcal of maintenance on the other days. The primary macro in tracking is protein, where I'm looking to get at least 50 g/day. The other macros I'm giving myself freedom on for now at least, so that things are simpler and there's more freedom for things I want/crave.

This is the end of my first week on the program, so I don't have much experience to look back on, but so far so good. This is the most "sane" I've felt on any way of eating.

My Stats:
    5'1" F (41)
    HW: 260.5
    CW: 260.5
    GW: 132.0
    Midwest USA
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @MelodiousMermaid Welcome to our group! Fasting is the only thing that has ever really worked for me. I like that there are so many ways to make it fit into your lifestyle. Sounds like you have a solid start!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Independence Day to my US friends! Or happy Traitors Day to my UK friends. :)

Not much here. Just chugging along. Have a great week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I went to the donut shop for the kids after we picked up last night's fireworks trash. I think the whole US is tired and cranky today. Non-American friends, I kind of envy you today.
    Today was supposed to be a fast day. But donuts. I am thinking 36 hour fast for tomorrow to recover from the weekend.
    Have a good week, all!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    13 hours into my fast. Allergies are killing me today. Good new is that I will probably take a bunch of allergy medicine and sleep through most of my fast.

Have a great rest of the week! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I am back from some time off! We were upstate for the Independence Day holiday. Thank you for starting the new monthly thread, @KateNkognito!!

A very big welcome to @MelodiousMermaid we are so glad you found our little group!

We had a nice relaxing weekend and the good news is I didn't over do it with the food. All meals but two were eaten at home. Not bad for twelve people!

I am back at fasting today and I am feeling good. Aiming for a simple 16:8 schedule for now. Skipping breakfast and starting with lunch at 12:30pm or so.

Hope everybody is good. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    edited July 2022
    Options
    36 hour fast complete. I WILL record what I eat today! I think that is my problem. Feast days have gotten a bit out of control.

Welcome back, Meghan! Glad you had such a nice time. :) Enjoy your short week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Big work deadline happening here, but so far so good and on track. I really don't want to have to come in to the office tomorrow!!! Trying to get it all done today and I think it will work out. Sigh...

Had a good day yesterday with my fast and ultimately skipping breakfast. Same happening today. Feeling fine. Being busy also helps!

Congrats on your fast, @KateNkognito! Nice job.

Have a good Thursday and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope you got everything done! Happy Friday! Well done with the fasting.

I ran errands this morning. In a few minutes I am going to have lunch then fast again until tomorrow morning. 18 hours, lunch, 20 hours. Did a good job recording yesterday. I am sure that it will help.

Have a lovely weekend! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

The good news is I am working from home today - WHOOT! Got it all done and grateful for a colleague who helped me. Will need to make a few edits on Monday otherwise all good.

Good for you on the fasts, @KateNkognito way to go!

Just got back from a quick trip to the grocery store during lunch hour. We are meeting and old friend of my guy's tonight for dinner up the line. Otherwise a relaxing weekend on the patio with nice weather is on tap!

Hope you have a good rest of the day and see you Mondayish. :)
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Options
    Sounds like you two are on track... good job staying strong!

I created a spreadsheet projecting my weight loss through various checkpoints (mostly by the 10 lb marks)... if I stick to the program, I should reach a healthy weight (by BMI) around 1/22/24. That made me realize I could be there by Christmas next year if I throw in some extra workouts, so I've started strength training earlier than I'd planned, and I decided I'm going to try to slowly add in the elliptical as I tolerate it to get that extra burn. Suffering from a major case of DOMS now due to not training for almost 2 years and jumping in even at a beginner weight level, but hopefully things will level out soon.

🔥 Weight over this last week: 3 pounds
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan, @MelodiousMermaid ! I try to focus on one thing at a time. I didn't gain all this weight in a year, I'm not going to lose it in one, either. That is a great loss! Congratulations!

Went to wine and coloring at my library. It was nice to get out and talk to people I don't live with. Our library has a lot of adult programs. I really enjoy the variety. Go visit your local library! (I used to be a board member. ;) )

Have a great weekend! Be healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Grr! I cannot get past a certain number on the scale. I know it isn't always weight that matters. But seriously! I keep bouncing off that number like a crazy person in a padded cell!
    I hope everyone has a great week! Today is a feast day, but I will track carefully so I don't go overboard.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Options
    @KateNkognito Do you track other measurements? How long have you been bouncing?

Hope today goes well for you and that you break through soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Monday!

We had a nice relaxing weekend spent almost entirely outdoors! Sunny and upper 70's F here today. I am wishing I was still outside!

I am working from the office today but all good. Been leaving the house a little earlier so traffic is not as bad.

Congrats on your loss, @MelodiousMermaid sounds like you have a good plan there.
    But, I agree with @KateNkognito that the weight did not come on overnight, so it won't come off overnight either. Just be patient and kind to yourself if there are days or weeks you are up or at a standstill. Even if we are not losing weight and seeing a lower number on the scale, that doesn't mean we are not losing inches. Measurements are good too.

I am fasting again until lunch time. Since my colleague is not here today, hopefully I can go until 1pm. :) Have a good Monday and see you guys soon!

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

So yesterday got a little crazy after I typed and submitted the post above! Had to reprint 12 of the 16 binders we made on Thursday. *screams* Thank God I have a really nice Temp here who is helping us out. By mid day I had over 6,000 steps! LOL All good.

The good news is everything got done and today, tomorrow, and Thursday the whole gang is in all day meetings. :)

Feeling a tad under the weather today. Took a COVID test this AM just to be sure and am negative. Thank God. Will keep drinking water and will have some tea.

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 There is something going around that mimics heat exhaustion. We all had it in my house. I hope you feel better soon! Glad you got all of your stuff done yesterday! YIKES! At least today they will all leave you alone. :)
    Today I am just chugging along. My meal is going to be a turkey sub. I have really been craving those lately. Planning on doing all of my errands today because it is supposed to get HOT for the next week or so. Literally, that is the forecast from the weather service. It just says HOT. I see a trip to the pool in my future.
    Have a good one, y'all! Be healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    We're cleaning house today. Not fasting. Fun times. Have a good one, y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!
    I forgot to check in yesterday! Sorry about that. Could of sworn I posted!
    In any case, still dealing with a bit of a cold. Picked up some Alka Seltzer Cold and Mucus so hopefully that will help move the gunk out of the back of my throat. Need to start coughing it up and moving it out. Sorry to be graphic. LOL Otherwise, that is mainly my only issue. No nose blowing, very little sneezing, and a tiny bit of a dryness in the back of my throat.
    Sigh...
    Good news is I am WFH today and tomorrow. Going to focus on getting a lot of rest and taking good care of myself. :)
    Hope your last few days went well, @KateNkognito a trip to a pool sounds lovely! Sunny and very warm and humid here - bad hair days woo hoo!
    Hope you have a good day and see you soon. :blush: