Six small meals a day

Options
I have been stuggling with this concept ever since I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis.
I am not supposed to have more than 40grams of fat per day, no more that 10 grams per meal.
So here's my problem. What is a small meal? Does that mean 'snack size' meals?

For anyone out there who has to follow a meal plan like this, be it for pancreatitis, diabetes, or some other health reason, how would you like to share one of your meal ideas with me?

I mainly eat chicken and fish, eggs, for protein.
Red meat makes my pancreatitis flare up, so I really restrict my intake.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help here. It would seem as if they would have to be snacks really or you would have too many calories.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    How is the six-meal diet going?
  • judyvalentine10
    judyvalentine10 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

I kinda abandoned the whole thing. I decided, like you said it would become snacks, and that can be a dangerous road to go down.
    I have changed the times I have my meals, added a little more protein, and that seems to be working out. No more pancreatitis attacks(knock on wood). I don't need that evening snack, and my fat intake is right on or sometimes below what I've been told.
    And, my sugars are in better control, and I have actually lost 8 pounds since the middle of September.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

I kinda abandoned the whole thing. I decided, like you said it would become snacks, and that can be a dangerous road to go down.
    I have changed the times I have my meals, added a little more protein, and that seems to be working out. No more pancreatitis attacks(knock on wood). I don't need that evening snack, and my fat intake is right on or sometimes below what I've been told.
    And, my sugars are in better control, and I have actually lost 8 pounds since the middle of September.

This is all good...