Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    @laceyf53 She was a beautiful fur baby...her eyes are so precious and her coloring beautiful...I know you loved her completely...hope your other fur babies help you not be too sad...
    Jessica :cry:
  • KatSpring
    KatSpring Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    KatSpring wrote: »
    KatSpring
    PW: 159.9
    CW: 159.1

Is there already a discussion thread on stress eating? I need help, getting very discouraged with myself 😞

It's part of our discussions in this week's Group Challenge...go back a page or two in this thread and you'll find the Group Challenge link! Join us...or just discuss it here...I have issues with that myself...it can be hard to fight...and I know what you mean...when it happens, I get so mad at myself for "eating my feelings" as I call it! How can we help? What brings it on for you? How do you cope with it?

I saw three posts about it in the past 24 hours in THIS chat room, so you're not alone...seems to be a thing this week!

Jessica

Thank you Jessica, that's one thing that I've been trying to keep up on is the threads here since that's what is great about this community...but it's like there's not enough of me to go around with family and work and just life. I'll go back and take a look, thanks again!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Sun 8/21: 15,284
    Mon 8/22: 10,200
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    My steps
    8/20 10,398
    8/21 10,115
    8/22 8,963
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @laceyf53 I'm sorry for your loss and grief, what a beautiful photo! Hope your new kitten will bring you some joy.

@PatriceFitnessPal a 1:40am 12 hour train ride? Wow, that's a late deparature and a long ride!! Hope you were able to catch some sleep either on the train or when you got back and that you enjoyed your trip. Re: healthy choices when eating out....I do really enjoy side salads. I love trying new flavours and experiencing some variety in tastes. But I also find myself often wanting just a taste of something less healthy. In particular, I love to eat a few french fries or have a sip of a sweet drink. If I'm eating with family, I usually ask if they'll share that taste with me and sometimes they'll ask if I'd share some salad with them. It doesn't always work out but nice when it does.

@KHill875 I love that you are riding bikes to your child's school! We used to walk our kids to school and back and we'd often have some good conversations en route.

The last few days I've slept really poorly. Had a sick doggy overnight and then a couple nights of insomnia. Being tired has resulted in a few days of less than ideal eating and exercise habits. But I have a hockey game tonight and it's the first one of the summer play offs. It should be fun and I'm hoping some intense exercise will help with sleep tonight.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi y'all:
    Came home to the backsplash completely finished in the kitchen and the floor has been tiled. Perhaps tomorrow they'll be able to start grouting, but not sure...might take one more day to settle...not sure. It's looking so nice in there...really happy so far!

Going to go walk for a bit then lie down and read. Have a wonderful evening!
    Jessica
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Catching up on steps

8/19 9,105
    8/20 9,848
    8/21 5,147
    8/22 9,430

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/20 10,367
    8/21 9,143
    8/22 8,192
    8/23 6,855
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Current Maintenance Weigh In
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all:
    Came home to the backsplash completely finished in the kitchen and the floor has been tiled. Perhaps tomorrow they'll be able to start grouting, but not sure...might take one more day to settle...not sure. It's looking so nice in there...really happy so far!

I’m so glad the renovation is coming together. It must feel great to see the progress each day. Congratulations!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @izzyred9400 and @pedal_power - Thanks for sharing health tips that work for you! I enjoyed reading your ideas and look forward to trying some of them!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @pedal__power - How are your hockey playoff games going? My father was a professional ice hockey player and coach so I love the sport. I have so many fond memories from the Olympics, World Cup, and day-to-day activities related to the hockey community. I’ve been thinking about joining our City’s roller hockey league but I haven’t done it. You’re motivating me to follow through on my initial inquiry. My brother is a coach now and he said he’d give me a stick but we keep forgetting— one of these days I’ll get my act together and I’ll probably be one of the oldest players in the league! Good luck with your playoff games!!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @pupowl - I’m glad to hear you are eating well and feeling more energy! It’s too bad your neighbor is still ignoring your advice but good for you for setting limits with him. I’m sure it must be frustrating to witness but it sounds as though you are putting the necessary distance between yourself and the cat saga. Hang in there!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 246.7
    CW (Current Weight):244.5
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi y'all:

I’m so glad the renovation is coming together. It must feel great to see the progress each day. Congratulations!

Thanks @PatriceFitnessPal but I'm sorry to hear you're under the weather...hopefully you'll bounce back in a few days and be your perky self! HUGS!!!
    Jess
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,785 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-167.4
    Current weight-166.2
This discussion has been closed.