Challenge for September 2013

Options
2»

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I'm not alone in saying I blew it for September. I am doing okay on the calorie burns, but just not getting in the lifting and every time I try to do a good HIIT session, my calf strains.

I'm maintaining, but not improving. I'm going to do what I can for September and use the rest of the month to get my head right for a push in October.
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Registered for the NASM CPT exam, but they couldn't fit me in until October 2nd.
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mixed results, mostly good!

Lost 10 pounds - hard to believe - went from 239 to 229! This year I've been averaging about 5 pounds down per month, so this was the best month by far.

Didn't get in enough strength workouts. Probably did 6 or 7 - mostly combinations of pushups and squats.

Logged completely about 2 of every 3 days. Sometimes I just get so tired I don't get 'er done.

Now I'm under 230, going to amp up the strength emphasis while still cutting pounds. Want a few toned muscles as I get thinner and fitter.

All good guys - keep it up!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Made my weight goal of 217 lbs. Thought I would miss by a 1 or 2 lbs, but the scale slipped to 217 this morning. Wasn't even close on my strength training goals. Will have to recommit for October. NSV, slowly shrinking out of my 42" pants. Can't believe I couldn't even wear these a little over a month ago. Might have to buy new pants or have my 42s taken in.

Glad to see everyone doing well, keep it up.

Height: 6' 2"
    SW 245
    CW 217
    GW 210
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    I got 1/2 of my September goals complete. Today my wife and I ran the Run For Your Lives zombie mud run in San Bernardino, Ca and we both survived. It was a great day, tons of fun, and a good time with my wife and sons.
    The second half of my goals was to win the September weight loss pool at work. This won't happen as I dropped out of the pool. There was drama starting with some of my co-workers related to the pool and I ducked out. I avoid work drama when I can. I've still lost about 13 lbs this month though, so I'm alright with that.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I got 1/2 of my September goals complete. Today my wife and I ran the Run For Your Lives zombie mud run in San Bernardino, Ca and we both survived. It was a great day, tons of fun, and a good time with my wife and sons.
    The second half of my goals was to win the September weight loss pool at work. This won't happen as I dropped out of the pool. There was drama starting with some of my co-workers related to the pool and I ducked out. I avoid work drama when I can. I've still lost about 13 lbs this month though, so I'm alright with that.

Good for you! Sounds like you got the important half done, especially with family participation.

As for me, jury is out on loss for the month. As of yesterday morning I was 1lb away from my goal. I should make it or be very close.

Gym time was a crash and burn. My mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I've spent a lot of time assimilating this, and traveling back to visit her so the kids could see her. I'll be going back at least a couple more times this month, but have plans to get back to the gym while I'm in town.
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    - Pass the NASM CPT exam.

Took the exam yesterday and passed!
  • Ragtees
    Ragtees Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Little late on the congrats...but congrats on passing the test!