Re-introduction

Options
Antiopelle
Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
Hi everyone,
I thought I might give the newer people in this group a short intro, and an update for the long lasting not-that-heavy-girls, as I have been away for quite a while now.

My name is Karine and I live in Belgium (hence the kg's and cm's) and I've always been pretty active and struggling with weight. When Covid hit, I also got a frozen shoulder, both of which restrained my physical activity to almost nothing. Before I went scuba diving 2 times a week and I went to work by bike (66 km - 41 miles a day). Needless to say that I had to adapt my food intake dramatically, which I kinda managed.

The irony is that I started gaining when I started to get physical again. I'm still struggling with the frozen shoulder (2.5 years in now), but I go diving again and I go to the gym and shoulder PT twice a week. Somehow, being active again seemed to allow me to let go of solid eating habits and I gained 8 kg since December last year.

I cannot wear most of my clothes and the worst bit is that I've ruined my diving suit. The seams just got stretched too hard and now it leaks everywhere. So I'm having to buy a new suit, but I'm too stubborn to buy a larger size. Which means I have until end October (more or less) to fit into this actual size again.

So here I am again, being accountable and having some solid goals:

1. loose the weight
2. tone up. I've already been going at it since January, so I definitely have some muscles but they are well hidden, alas.
3. get as fit as I can to prepare well for old age
4. get as strong as I can to compensate my achy joints

That's it ladies. I'm glad to be back :smile: