LCHF cooking for a family

Options
TicTacToo
TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
edited August 2022 in Social Groups
I'm trying to eat less refined carbs (biscuits, cake, pasta, white rice). However I am also packing lunches and cooking dinners for young, active, sporty kids. For those following a keto or LCHF lifestyle, does your whole family eat the same, or do you serve pasta/rice on the side for other family members, or what? I'm fine with minimising cakes and biscuits all round but, to my kids, dinner isn't complete without a serve or two of pasta/rice/couscous/naan/potato.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    TicTacToo wrote: »
    I'm trying to eat less refined carbs (biscuits, cake, pasta, white rice). However I am also packing lunches and cooking dinners for young, active, sporty kids. For those following a keto or LCHF lifestyle, does your whole family eat the same, or do you serve pasta/rice on the side for other family members, or what? I'm fine with minimising cakes and biscuits all round but, to my kids, dinner isn't complete without a serve or two of pasta/rice/couscous/naan/potato.

Generally I make a veggie and meat with a carb side that can be taken or left. So the kiddos take the carbs, and I leave them off my plate.