Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,168 Member
How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

How would your pet or friend describe you?

2 fun things about you?

Anything else you would like to share?

Replies

• EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 620 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Near 50. I really need to know what I wrote on SparkPeople.

Fun: Newspapers, Games (Boggle with Friends, Rummikub, Chicken Foot and Mexican Train dominoes, Wordle, jigsaw puzzles, etc) prayer shawl ministries, time with a good friend, small groups (church and senior center), nature walks, guiding tours of my favorite places.

Live near: It's all about the WATER: Lake Superior and Gulf of Mexico

Health/fitness goals: 30 Minutes (or more) daily.

How another describes me: A good, honest person. Best friend: Sometimes exasperating!

Two fun things: 1) I designed four of our twelve stained glass windows for my church family of the 70s. I completed cutting and building my favorite window, while enjoying the fellowship and growth with friends.) 2) I'm a frugal shopper, while also having a love for the arts and rotate (primarily water colors and clay) my collection on walls and display areas.

• Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,968 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can remember. I’ve been in and out with many different names as I’ve got bored of my failures.

What do you like to do for fun? Walking and gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? I’m in Fife Scotland

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Stick to the plan and stop making excuses

How would your pet or friend describe you? Anne would say I’m sometimes crabbit

2 fun things about you?

I’ll try most legal things once.

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,928 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? about 30

What do you like to do for fun? crochet, reading and walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Fredericksburg, VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get more walking in and watching what I eat

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind.

2 fun things about you? I like to go shopping and walking

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,211 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Two - one on Spark and one on MFP

What do you like to do for fun? reading, sewing and walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Denver, Colorado

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get more steps in and portion control

How would your pet or friend describe you? Calm, home-body

2 fun things about you? I just celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary. For our 50th we want to take the children (3+spouses) and grandkids (5) on a trip together.

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than 5.

What do you like to do for fun? dancing and arts and crafts

What major city do you live in or near? State? I’m in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Stick to the plan and stop making excuses

How would your pet or friend describe you? As someone who is kind, caring, patient.

2 fun things about you? i enjoy playing tennis recreationally and i love to dance

Anything else you would like to share? i like to watch a variety of sports and to volunteer whenever i can.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,016 Member
    This will be my 23rd Challenge.

I write, read, walk, go out for meals (social time), crochet, play piano and guitar

Honolulu, Hawaii – although I live on a different island, this is the biggest city near me

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Strengthen legs so I can get back to walking longer and farther

Reliable, loving, loyal, fun to have around

2 fun things about you?
    I just retired as a college prof at the age of 87 and I have 2 published books with another due out by Christmas.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,941 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Over 40

What do you like to do for fun? Paint, read, play cribbage and way more

What major city do you live in or near? State? Greater Portland Maine area

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Health to lose 4 lbs , exercise 30 mins average daily everyday of the week.

How would your pet or friend describe you? "She SPOILS ME ROTTEN!!" says Izzy, and I do. Also "her lap is tinier then it was, but I am a tiny cat so that's okay."

2 fun things about you? Strange sense of humor, yet many really enjoy it. I love being in a crowd just goofing off.

Anything else you would like to share? Since May I've been dealing with a bone infection. It's not easy for them to cure, they may not be able to. This has slowed me down to the 30 mins average exercise day, (some on the bad days are all stretches) but by remaining active, it helps me in so many ways. Is the glass empty? Half full? NEITHER it can be refilled.
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,551 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started on SP and it was the first challenge so I guess around 30 or 40

What do you like to do for fun? play games, watch old movies and read books by Mary Higgins Clark

What major city do you live in or near? State? In the Memphis, TN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My knees because of arthritis

How would your pet or friend describe you? Crazy, good, kind and loving

2 fun things about you? I have 12 grandchildren and 2 great grands I have a great sense of humor and could tell you some pretty good things

Anything else you would like to share? I am my husband's caretaker and I am in remission for 7 1/2 years. Thank you Lord,
  • angeandlyon
    angeandlyon Posts: 356 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? one and one in between one

What do you like to do for fun? dance, go anywhere where there is animals

What major city do you live in or near? State? Niagara- Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? workout at least 30 min 3 times a week...and loose 5 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friends would call me Feisty (thanks to Lyon, he started that lol) animals would say " my mommy is the bestest"

2 fun things about you? if it does not come out of my mouth , my face would for sure tell you, and apparently I have a hidden note on my forehead that reads" please tell me your whole life story" no matter where I go , I get someone telling me everything...lol

Anything else you would like to share? most know that I have 4 auto immune conditions...2 are rare, 1 is not that common and the other is mental.....BUT I WILL not allow them to run my life anymore...slowly I am taking my life back....
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,389 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More then 1

What do you like to do for fun? computer games and walk along the river

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver BC Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get healthier and loose some of this excess baggage

How would your pet or friend describe you? Amigo the cat, would say I feed him on time, pet him when he wants, and let him rub his wet nose on my bare legs - I think he likes me eh

2 fun things about you? I am too serious to be fun, but I do like a good laugh from time to time!

• blestmuch
    blestmuch Posts: 376 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 3

What do you like to do for fun? Play tourist and explore my area.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Better balance btw work and personal time.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I'm either too busy or too tired.

2 fun things about you? I have an annoying punny sense of humor. 2) I've lived in 7 states & visited 28 total. Would love to do something in all 50 before I'm unable to travel.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm thankful for the work of the team leaders for all their planning and for the encouragement of my teammates.
  • catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,109 Member
    A whole bunch. I think this is the third for MFP, (not to include the in-betweens) and every once since Diane strong-armed me into doing SparkPeople challenges.

Garden, crossword puzzles, play with cats and dogs, torment hubby

Big city is Anchorage 45 miles away. That would be Alaska.

No change there, just try (again) to lose weight and main goal is not to gain anymore

Loyal, patient, loyal, understanding, patient, loving, understanding, loyal, loving, understanding, and patient.

2 fun things about you?
    1 – I watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune every night, regardless of if it’s a rerun or not. I stink at Jeopardy unless it’s the kids’ tournament and then I can get about half of the questions right, and between Hubby and I , we get the final answer. As for Wheel of Fortune, it’s rare that I can’t solve the puzzle after three letters have been called. Hubby says at least once a show, “How do you do that?” I think it stems from the many tries at the NY Times crossword puzzle. My maternal grandfather and my mother were whizzes at that. I still to the People magazine puzzle.

2 – I was born on Alfred Hitchcock’s birthday. I have seen every movie and every Alfred Hitchcock Presents and that includes his non-fiction wartime movies as well. I have read all things written and own most of the books written about him. I will watch whatever comes on TV that he did and that includes “Alfred Hitchcock Presents which is on Me-TV and shows two episodes every night.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER QUIT.
  • digit00
    digit00 Posts: 43 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count. Started on SparkPeople

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, walk, garden, crochet, read, puzzles, explore

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Dayton, Ohio

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Was holding at 180 for some reason, then gained nearly 20 pounds after a bout with Vertigo. Still trying to lose those 19 pounds so I can continue on my quest to lose the other 40-50 pounds.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Honest to a fault, cautious, fun-loving, crazy, loyal, loving, tend to speak first and think later, will try anything once.

2 fun things about you?
    I have been to all of the 48 lower states. Still trying for Alaska and Hawaii. Did several of the New England States as a kid, so want to go back and stay longer than dad driving thru just to say that we've been there.

No garden this year, didn't have time to get one in. But usually have one and dehydrate, freeze or can what we don't eat fresh.

• majork29
    majork29 Posts: 692 Member
    edited August 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure anymore!!

What do you like to do for fun? I like to walk, play video games with my kid, read, sew, crochet, going to learn to paint this fall (acrylics)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose someweight, be more active, drink more water

How would your pet or friend describe you? an easy going, optimist

2 fun things about you? I like to drive on long trips and have been know to get in the car/van at the drop of the hat for a 5 hour cruize to visit a friend.

Anything else you would like to share? I am a 51 year old mom to 2 adults and 1 teen who is turning 17 and is speical needs
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,224 Member
    edited August 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Fall will be my 29th

What do you like to do for fun? 5% - ML (or PSA) for the Mission Slimpossible Team and the Captain of the River Otters In-Between Challenge Team. Also computer - match 3 games, jigsaw puzzles and cooking competition videos; EASY crossword puzzles; and watching my balcony plants grow.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Minnesota

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Improved functioning so I can exercise and walk more (dealing with some pain issues), and to actually lose 5% during a Challenge. I've come close several times but needed the weeks between Challenges to get there.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My friends have said I am honest and caring. My former cat would say I am a boring (or annoying) reader. One day we were both resting on the bed and I was reading. I had this idea that if I read out loud she might think I was talking to her and giving her attention. Shortly after I started, she got up, turned around and laid back down with her back to me. So I repositioned myself so I was again facing her face. As soon as I started reading, she got up and turned around again. We did this several times. It was so funny and so deliberate.

2 fun things about you? I worked for a year in the Alzheimer's wing of a nursing home (recovering from a work related injury) and they had me read to a group of residents every morning to keep them occupied and distracted from being confused or repeating unhealthy behaviors. Usually most of the ladies fell asleep. The staff thought that was a good thing, but I wondered if I was a boring reader. I think I'll stick to writing over speaking (which is my preferred method of communication anyway).

Anything else you would like to share? Life is challenging and often throws curveballs at us. If what you're doing isn't working (and you've given it enough time to work), make a change. Keep trying and keep coming back until things click. You haven't failed until you give up and quit trying.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,074 Member
    edited August 2022
    ~ Truthfully, I don't know. All I know is that when I joined SP, I quickly found the 5% challenges and joined. I left for several seasons, but when I came back, I stayed and stayed and stayed.

~ Well, I do love to dance and do that at every opportunity I have. Apart from that, I enjoy sewing and get a lot of satisfaction when an item is finished. I love playing games on my iPad and enjoy staying in touch with family and friends online.

~ I live in Almonte, Ontario. It is about 35 minute drive into downtown Ottawa which is the capital of Canada.

~ I just want to lose the weight I have put on since arriving in Canada. It is coming off slowly but surely. After I have reached 149 lbs (arrival weight in January 2020), I want to continue on my journey.

~ Mimi is my shadow. She would definitely say that I am affectionate and attentive to her needs.

2 fun things about you?
    ~ I get along with people and animals.
    ~ I am fully trilingual (French, English, English Creole (Krio))

~ Although I have never reached my 5%, I came close once. However, this does not stop me from trying. These challenges help me stay on track as one has to report in regularly.
  • Patricia1CR
    Patricia1CR Posts: 1,410 Member
    Since 2013
    Knit, Duolingo-French, gardening
    Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica
    What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    As always, to lose any weight for health purposes
    Easygoing and responsible
    2 fun things about you?
    I like to do my own soaps. I don't like to cook.
    3g0tgrvwkk7u.png
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started the Challenges in 2010. This is 53 for me.

What do you like to do for fun? Dance to live bands, listen to audiobooks, Happy Color app, Wordle, Octordle, play cards especially canasta and 10 card crib, RV travel, try new recipes, surprise my friends with little gifts and outings, meet new people, read online news, weekly hikes, explore new places, have dinner parties, watch 90 Day Fiance, plan trips.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I had Covid and need to regain my strength, endurance and patience. Get back hiking. I lost 90 pounds and regained 30. I want that 30 pounds gone!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friend - Adventurer Lynn, Dog 'where are we going?'

2 fun things about you? I am always looking for my reading glasses and phone. Often the glasses are on top of my head and the phone is in my back pocket. Why don't I look there first? Since I had Covid I don't remember names very well, so it can be awkward and funny.

Anything else you would like to share? Set small goals and build on your successes.
  • Ceilie1
    Ceilie1 Posts: 1,567 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?I am not sure I believe since joining MFP about 5

What do you like to do for fun? Enjoy being outside walking,golfing,gardening .reading mysteries,scrapbooking.Playing cards with friends,hoping to be getting back doing it this winter.
    Traveling with family and friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Close to Kingston, Ontario City in between Montreal and Toronto.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to stay healthy .Increase my time on the elliptical.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friend - Loyal and hopefully fun to be with.

2 fun things about you? .I like to tell funny stories and read people funny things that are happening in the world.

Anything else you would like to share? Set small goals and build on your successes.