Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• Musicfanno173
    Musicfanno173 Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    I've lost track. If I remember correctly, I had joined the challenges on and off while Sparks was still active, then again sometime since it closed.

What do you like to do for fun?
    Read, walk, and watch movies.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Kansas City, MO

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    To lose one pound per week thru exercise and eating correctly.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    Too giving. :D

2 fun things about you?
    Married to the man I met in high school for the past 43 years and still not sure why. :D

Anything else you would like to share?

Friends at Sparks are the rock that keeps me going toward my goals. Just wish MFP was more like Sparks had been. So much easier to keep up with them all.

Hard to type with a broken wrist. Not recommended.
  • k9kiddie
    k9kiddie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Quite a few.

I like to garden, knit, make jewelry, and read.

Northeastern Pennsylvania.

To eat more vegetables, to exercise / move around more.

My cat would tell you I'm a very good cuddler / pillow!

2 fun things about you?
    I love roller coasters, and I like to kayak!

Good luck to everyone, I wish you success.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,706 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 7 full challenges and 6 In-Between

What do you like to do for fun? Eat, Apparently

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tampa, Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back under 140 and stay there

How would your pet or friend describe you? The girls (cats) say I'm the Cat's Meow and they have me wrapped tightly around their paws. Friends say I'm very loyal.

2 fun things about you? I am drawn to people with green or hazel eyes (even when not knowing their eye color).
    I used to only eat the same things and didn't veer out of my comfort zone, but since getting healthy I eat a huge variety and will try just about anything once.

Anything else you would like to share? You have to fail your way to success!
  • patb58mfp
    patb58mfp Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm delighted to be here.
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is My FIRST.

What do you like to do for fun? I'm a biker, gardener & I write a bit.

What major city do you live in or near? State? South East Ireland. County Waterford.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'm looking to leave about 10kgs (that's about 22 pounds) behind me. Hope I never find them again!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Geeky & introverted.

2 fun things about you? My website is TheThreeHairs.com. Loads of fun there.

Anything else you would like to share? I'd be delighted to accept requests from others to motivate and encourage.

Regards, Páraig.

I'm off now to get myself on a team.
  • Momcasciotti
    Momcasciotti Posts: 675 Member
    Options

None, this is my first time hearing about this challenge!

I like hiking, knitting and reading

I live in New Hampshire, about an hour from Boston

My goal is to create healthier habits : consistent exercise and healthy snacking

Quiet, easy going,

2 fun things about you?

Traveling to Switzerland for the first time in a few days
    I love logic puzzles and escape room type things

Mom of three, two young adults and a nine year old. I’m hoping this challenge will get me back into a good routine!
  • Timberlan127
    Timberlan127 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started the summer challenge but lost my mind set about a third of the way through. I am determined to finish this time.

What do you like to do for fun? Travel, read, and walk my dog

What major city do you live in or near? State? Providence, RI

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to lose about 20 pounds and strengthen my knees

How would your pet or friend describe you? a caring introvert

2 fun things about you? I have always been a devoted animal lover. I love road trips.

Anything else you would like to share? I am struggling to get the weight off right now and to eat healthy. My knees and hips hurt because of the extra weight and that keeps me from doing a lot of the things I want to be able to do. I can travel now for the first time in many years so I would like to be in better shape next spring so I can do some hiking when we travel.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 0

What do you like to do for fun? Reading, walking, gardening, puzzles, ...

What major city do you live in or near? State? Boston, MA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get closer to my normal weight range.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable and soft.

2 fun things about you? Love to laugh but for the life of me I can't remember jokes.

• cmfarrell36
    cmfarrell36 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    - Loads

- Church, reading, puzzles, TV.

- Ayrshire in Scotland.

- More walking, less weight!

2 fun things about you?
    - Expecting my first grandchild in a few weeks.
    - So just as well I learned some Polish (which I'll need to brush up on) as the wee one will be brought up bilingual in English and Polish.

• redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! Excited to be giving this a try.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? NONE...this is my first!

What do you like to do for fun? Love to read, make cards and play mahjongg.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Live on the Treasure Coast, South Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Want to lose 100 lbs by the New Year

How would your pet or friend describe you? My goldendoodle would say I am a hugger!

2 fun things about you? I am a good sport and love good craic

Anything else you would like to share? I am thrilled to be making progress getting this weight off!
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I can't remember, a lot

What do you like to do for fun? Photography, walking my dog.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Antelope Valley, California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep my calories etc. where they should be. Walk more.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loner, but friendly. Major animal lover.

2 fun things about you? I'm spontaneous. Love to be outdoors.

• joy41559
    joy41559 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To many, I tend to not complete them,I get discouraged when I lose no weight.

Quilt, cross stitch, hike, kayak,swim,walk

I live in Columbus,Ohio

Lose 40 lbs by the end of this challenge

Loving, she is with me all the time. We know what each other needs without saying anything.

2 fun things about you? My grandkids 25 and 24 years old love to spend time with me and grandpa. We love outdoors activities hiking and anything with water.

Anything else you would like to share? My main issues with weight gain started when I had a hysterectomy, not eating very much, and having a job where I’m on a computer all day.

I’ve never been heavy until a few years ago.
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    This will prob be my 4th challenge.

Sing, line dancing, sewing, walking, gardening

Central FL...somewhere between Tampa & Orlando

Maintenance

Creative & colorful.

2 fun things about you?
    I sing with a 5 voice ensemble; songs we grew up with.
    I have a fun obsession with flamingos!

I strive for positive thinking and kindness always
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my third. I did Winter and Spring 2021 on SparkPeople.

What do you like to do for fun? Downhill skiing, karate, reading.

What major city do you live in or near? Calgary, Alberta.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Track food, walk daily, get into a healthy sleep schedule (up earlier, in bed earlier).

How would your pet or friend describe you? Positive.

2 fun things about you? I can strike up a conversation with pretty much anyone. I speak foreign languages better after a couple of drinks.

Anything else you would like to share? I have a new gym membership! :smile:

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,392 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2015 I think when I was a part of Sparks

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play computer games, enjoy family and friends get togethers

What major city do you live in or near? State? We live in northeast Texas, Lindale, 88 miles for Dallas and
    14 miles from Tyler.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Right now having difficulty walking, leg keeps buckling under me. Will see orthopedic dr. on Tuesday, and from there work on getting my stability back.
    I am still working on my eating habits and cutting calories. Also will try and do exercise that I can that are seated. My goal is to lose 1/2 a week.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I hope that I am caring and thoughtful and a steadfast friend.

2 fun things about you? Love people and having a good fun

Anything else you would like to share? Married my soul mate on Feb 28 1964, he wanted to get married on the 29th, I said absolutely not. We have 3 adult children and 10 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren, 2 step grand children and 3 step great grandchildren. We just moved to Texas in November 2021 getting use to the weather, quite different from Oregon. Do miss red hats get togethers; sadly there is no group in our little town or close of enough for me to attend. But other than that I do like it here.
    Wishing everyone a very successful fall challenge and may you meet all if not most of your goals.
    Hugs Joyce (Kurtize)
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my 3rd.

What do you like to do for fun? Lots of things. Paddleboard, ride motorcycle, ride bicycle, hike, read lots!, spend as much time with my kids and grandkids, teach a strengthening class, volunteer at library & hospice, scuba dive outside of the US, go on trips anywhere, ………

What major city do you live in or near? State? Green Bay, WI

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back in control of my eating and exercising; making a plan and sticking to it. I have them written down in more detail and more specific, because that helps me to stay with it. (Not very well, during the summer though.) 😂

How would your pet or friend describe you? A caring person

2 fun things about you? I was a ministry clown decades ago named Harmony. I love taking bubble baths.

Anything else you would like to share? I reached my goal and did well in my first challenge this past Spring, but the Summer one I struggled a lot. For the Fall challenge I want to prove to myself that the successful challenge wasn’t a fluke, so I am recommitting myself to go back to the basics of tracking all of my eating and exercising! It’s time to succeed!
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? If I'm counting correctly this will be my 22nd, every one since summer 2017.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to cook, bake, and eat, so I also like to run, thank goodness! Other hobbies include reading, sewing, knitting, and I aspire to home decorating.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I am starting this challenge near Williston, North Dakota.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Control the baking weight gain, and keep running.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal

2 fun things about you?I'm a retired teacher, who has returned to life on family farms, mine and my husband's: from desert to prairie.

Anything else you would like to share? I love writing old-fashioned letters using cursive handwriting, drying laundry on clotheslines, and doing lots of chores in time-consuming old ways. I'm an "analog" kind of person.
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,432 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can remember. I’ve been in and out with many different names as I’ve got bored of my failures.

What do you like to do for fun? Walking, reading mystery thrillers, visiting with my 5 married children and my ten grandchildren, and feeding the birds

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Stick to the plan and stop making excuses

How would your pet or friend describe you. Billie would say I am kind.

2 fun things about you? I can wiggle my ears. I can be very punny

• Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Just started doing them here on MFP so 4 not counting in betweens

What do you like to do for fun? Hiking, crochet, reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? Phoenix, AZ

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back on track and get weight loss moving forward instead of in a circle.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I think the dogs think I am the easier going pet parent.

2 fun things about you? Moved around quite a bit as a child - went to 12 different schools before I graduated high school. Favorite color is purple

Anything else you would like to share? 5% challenges have been fun.
  • Jer2ber
    Jer2ber Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    About 5 or 6

Attend antique tractor/steam engine shows

What major city do you live in or near? State?Indianapolis, IN

Drink more water, get better at tracking food etc, and workout more

Self-sacrificing

2 fun things about you?
    1) I just got my first sewing machine and I can’t wait to start sewing! 😁 2) taught our dog to dance to the “Virginian” theme song, fabulous Western show

Just to say thank you leaders for this opportunity and I hope everyone reaches their goals!
  • Saltlife49
    Saltlife49 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Around 5 including the ones on SP.

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy reading, gardening, taking walks & bike rides, being with my kids.

What major city do you live in or near? State? WNY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to lose at least the 5% and be much more consistent.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, honest, quiet.

2 fun things about you? I have 4 sons. I sometimes foster rescue dogs until they are adopted.

Anything else you would like to share? I am happy to be here again and hope I can be a valuable member to my team