Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    IP2021 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Wow, I can't believe we're already in September.

My name is Irene, 45 years old. I'm originally from the Netherlands, but I've lived in Denmark since 2012.

I've lost a great deal of weight before using weightwatchers, via a dietitian, and this group (back in 2018). Then life happened. Stress from a bad work situation and then starting a new job, which I love, but which was also stressful in the beginning with a lot of new things.

At the end of June, I decided it was time to prioritize myself again, so I joined this group again B)

My main triggers are stress and boredom and I'm still working on getting that under control.

I enjoy walking outside, but I do have a treadmill for those cold rainy days and a weight lifting machine at home. I look forward to some colder weather, as it's been way too hot to use the treadmill at home.

In November my sister and I are going to Malta to surprise our mom for her 70th birthday, so I've set a goal for myself to lose 21 pounds by November 24th. I realize it's an optimistic goal, but we'll see what happens.

My goal for September is to lose at least 7 pounds.

Hi, IP2021 and welcome. Sounds like you have been on an interesting journey! I share some of the events you have described (weight watchers, MFP, stressful jobs, job changes, and now retirement), and agree that I eventually told myself enough! I made some changes in my life and restarted my MFP account in July. It has been a great motivator. When I joined the Fat 2 Fit group in August, the motivation I have received has given me enormous strength and resolve. I hope you find the same to be true and look forward to be seeing you on the board in the future.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,490 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Steps: 3,469
    7:30 wake up: ❌

I debated at the beginning of the September challenge what to count as goals. I considered doing a swim lap goal, set number of days exercise, etc. The biggest goal I need to work on this month is sleep. I need to figure out a new routine that will work for me. I am going to start getting by 7:30 no matter how poorly I slept. No more turning the alarm off. Also, my weekend bedtime has to be within a half an hour of weekdays. Those will be my goals for this week. It may seem silly to set a sleep goal in a weight loss group but it affects exercise and weight loss for me.

Have a great Monday!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited September 2022
    Options
    At the beginning of the challenge we usually post a bunch of questions to get to know each other. Let’s do one each day.

Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? etc. I know some already did this so thanks.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Weather here in Central Cali is unbareable... 108 today ...113 tomorrow...109 Wednesday... 107 Thursday...107 Friday ewwwwwwwwwww...so looking forward to cooler weather ... I love bundling up in blankets and such ... I can't stand being hot (especially since I am menopause ) I hope everyone else is managing the heat where ever you are
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Weather here in Central Cali is unbareable... 108 today ...113 tomorrow...109 Wednesday... 107 Thursday...107 Friday ewwwwwwwwwww...so looking forward to cooler weather ... I love bundling up in blankets and such ... I can't stand being hot (especially since I am menopause ) I hope everyone else is managing the heat where ever you are

Southern Spain a cool 95 today! Looking forward to the cooler weather which is overdue!
  • Slimmersixties
    edited September 2022
    Options
    fatfifties wrote: »
    21lb by Christmas Challenge - latest results

Sorry guys can't get the photo to upload. I'll keep trying. Anyone got any advice?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    21lb by Christmas Challenge - latest results

Sorry guys can't get the photo to upload. I'll keep trying. Anyone got any advice?

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625271-Progress-Photos-FAQs
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I made it through Labour Day weekend unscathed.

My friends and I had a live Fantasy Football draft at one of my friends. Chicken wings and pizza as far as the eyes can see. My two favs. Plus lots of beer. I didn't touch a thing. I stuck to my carbonated cherry flavoured water and Marijuana has zero calories thankfully lol.

I'm looking forward to being 100 pounds down in a couple days (hopefully).
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I made it through Labour Day weekend unscathed.

My friends and I had a live Fantasy Football draft at one of my friends. Chicken wings and pizza as far as the eyes can see. My two favs. Plus lots of beer. I didn't touch a thing. I stuck to my carbonated cherry flavoured water and Marijuana has zero calories thankfully lol.

I'm looking forward to being 100 pounds down in a couple days (hopefully).

Great job not touching the chicken wings and pizza ... and looking forward to seeing you in the lost 100 lb club :)
  • MarieZI59
    MarieZI59 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

My name is Marie, and I'm 59 years old and live in Oklahoma.

I'll be 60 in a few months and I decided that I didn't want to go into my senior years dealing with being overweight, pain and mobility problems. There's a whole list of things wrong with me medical, some minor and some very serious.

The main reason I want to lose weight is for my health, and to be more free to move around without as much pain. Not everything, I have wrong with me will be cured by losing weight. Some, I'll have the rest of my life because there is no cure.

But without the cumbersome of this huge body of mine especially in the stomach area making it hard for me to move and do things at least it would be a better quality of life.

I'm grateful that there are groups out there like this one where a person who's trying to lose weight by themselves can go to find some like minded people to find motivation and encouragement to continue.

Again, Thank you all for allowing me on this team looking forward to September challenge and what it has to bring.

Goal for September is to be able to walk further than I can now and lose 10 + lbs with a goal for Christmas of 21+ lb. A girl can DREAM can't she. LOL
  • MarieZI59
    Options
    @fatfifties-

I'm a little late to the game; however, I wanted to know if it's possible to still join your 21lb by Christmas challenge ? If it is possible what are the guidelines to join?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    MarieZI59 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone,

My name is Marie, and I'm 59 years old and live in Oklahoma.

I'll be 60 in a few months and I decided that I didn't want to go into my senior years dealing with being overweight, pain and mobility problems. There's a whole list of things wrong with me medical, some minor and some very serious.

The main reason I want to lose weight is for my health, and to be more free to move around without as much pain. Not everything, I have wrong with me will be cured by losing weight. Some, I'll have the rest of my life because there is no cure.

But without the cumbersome of this huge body of mine especially in the stomach area making it hard for me to move and do things at least it would be a better quality of life.

I'm grateful that there are groups out there like this one where a person who's trying to lose weight by themselves can go to find some like minded people to find motivation and encouragement to continue.

Again, Thank you all for allowing me on this team looking forward to September challenge and what it has to bring.

Goal for September is to be able to walk further than I can now and lose 10 + lbs with a goal for Christmas of 21+ lb. A girl can DREAM can't she. LOL

Are you wanting to be added to our step challenge? All you do is give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps daily or weekly (which ever is easiest for you) I take care of the rest with reminders each Sunday of people's steps I need for the week ... and I post the results each week and a grand finale at the end of the month :)
  • MarieZI59
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970-

I have a problem with walking and I need to practice walking more. I would like to join, but I don't think I'd be able to put in very many steps.

Can a cubii type of elliptical step exercising device that you use while sitting down, can that count towards steps?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    MarieZI59 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970-

I have a problem with walking and I need to practice walking more. I would like to join, but I don't think I'd be able to put in very many steps.

Can a cubii type of elliptical step exercising device that you use while sitting down, can that count towards steps?

You can do whatever you think you can do ... 1000 steps a day etc ... I do have a converter chart to convert most exercises into steps ...so you would tell me what kind of exercise you did and for how long and I would convert it for you
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Back home from Oregon! The half marathon course was beautiful! I got it done and so did my husband. YAY!

More of an update in the next few days -- tired from traveling but wanted to post my steps:

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/28 9594
    8/29 5846
    8/30 7965
    8/31 9091
    9/2 9256
    9/3 18503
    9/4 12439

AND
    9/5 46,215 !! I'm sure this is a record for me! After half marathon we later hiked to a waterfall.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in:
    Steps - 10103
    Calories - 2275
    Exercise - shopping early in day and pickleball outside for 1 hour. New experience for me.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Roger. I am 58. I am in San Diego. Married for 35 years this November and have an adult daughter who still lives with us.
    I am currently in maintenance mode after losing my weight. I started in March, 2019 at 566 lbs. I lost 344 lbs over the next 37 months and then had my first skin removal on May 6th. I am up 8 lbs from that but steady.
    I was housebound for 1 1/2 years before losing. I could not stand longer than 2 minutes, walk 150 feet, fit into a motor vehicle. My first walk was 300 feet, took 4 1/2 minutes and 297 footsteps.
    Some hobbies are exercising - walking, gym and now pickleball; diamond dots, metal earth models, and beginning container growing.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Hi all! Back home from Oregon! The half marathon course was beautiful! I got it done and so did my husband. YAY!

More of an update in the next few days -- tired from traveling but wanted to post my steps:

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/28 9594
    8/29 5846
    8/30 7965
    8/31 9091
    9/2 9256
    9/3 18503
    9/4 12439

AND
    9/5 46,215 !! I'm sure this is a record for me! After half marathon we later hiked to a waterfall.

Thanks for posting your steps .... I am missing 9/1
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Hi all. My name is Roger. I am 58. I am in San Diego. Married for 35 years this November and have an adult daughter who still lives with us.
    I am currently in maintenance mode after losing my weight. I started in March, 2019 at 566 lbs. I lost 344 lbs over the next 37 months and then had my first skin removal on May 6th. I am up 8 lbs from that but steady.
    I was housebound for 1 1/2 years before losing. I could not stand longer than 2 minutes, walk 150 feet, fit into a motor vehicle. My first walk was 300 feet, took 4 1/2 minutes and 297 footsteps.
    Some hobbies are exercising - walking, gym and now pickleball; diamond dots, metal earth models, and beginning container growing.

Wow Roger, that is an absolutely amazing loss! Congratulations! Inspirational. Do you have any tips you'd like to share!
This discussion has been closed.