Options
smaciag
smaciag Posts: 1 Member
How to use all food groups for 1200 calories in a day

Replies

• DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to maintain a 1200 calorie daily intake while eating a balanced diet of Whole Foods. I will allow my overages to go to 1500. My basal met rate is 2200.
    I have found that dairy needs to be fat free.
    My proteins need to be limited to lean sources including chicken breast, beans, 90/10 ground Turkey, tofu, fish…portions at 3-4 ounces with an 80 gram target for my macro count.
    I limit fruit to half fruit size servings or small fruits like grapes and Clementine oranges.
    Carbs I limit to whole grains and limit portions to half cup’ish depending on meal and calories available
    That leaves me veg…I use this to feel full when the tummy calls for more.

I add a variety of healthy oils (flax, olive, walnut, grape seed, coconut, avocado) a teaspoon at a time when the foods call for it.

Every morning, I take a teaspoon of cod liver oil, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water and take a variety of vitamins recommended for my health profile by my physician…I think every woman dieter should at least take an age appropriate multi vitamin to ensure calcium, iron and folate is met.

We are limiting salt and alcohol. If we need sweet in our tea we use honey. We have family Sunday dinner once every 2 weeks where we allow fresh baked bread and butter and any treat foods like roast or steak. We still keep it reasonable with portion control and big veg portions but it relieves cravings.

I drink anywhere from 8-12 glasses of water each day.

It is not easy, but start with one meal and try to aim for 300 calorie menus getting all your food groups in.