Replies

• DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :)
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Bringing this challenge back to life! April is over, so it's time to record your miles!

224.8 for me; I'm just over 1,000 miles short of my 10,000 mile goal.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I keep meaning to update this! Will do at home. The Air Force frowns on Google Docs for some reason.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Updated.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Updated the spreadsheet.

Several folks are now within single-digits in terms of months projected to reach their goal. BTW, don't be afraid to set a target date other than 12/31/2014. I think that just seemed like a reasonable date when most people signed up for the challenge. I'm currently on track to finish by the end of September and I think when I hit my goal I'll shoot for something a couple years out.

Also, I REALLY hope Rob Kootz keeps updating all the way to 2057!

lifetime_challenge.png
  • davemunger
    Options
    Updated the sheet again. Make sure you enter your miles for June, everyone!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yes! I actually updated this. I kept telling myself I needed to and kept forgetting.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just added myself. I'm just coming up to 1000km logged on nike+ which is quite exciting. I'm about 25km short so will knock that off this coming week. I'm not one to use miles but it comes in handy because by my calculations 1000 miles by the end of the year is quite realistic for me. Looking forward to tracking my progress along with everyone else's
  • davemunger
    Options
    Hey everyone,

It's been a while but I've updated the spreadsheet! Looks like a couple of folks are going to reach their goals this month!

I'm now just 125 miles away from reaching 10,000 total miles since I got my first Garmin about four years ago. It looks like Mimoumoses will reach their goal this month as well. If you haven't been logging your monthly miles, consider this a reminder to do so -- just visit the live spreadsheet at the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdHV2dnA1R3FvYlV6dDlrc1gyQlhpc3c
  • davemunger
    Options
    Here's an interesting dilemma. I've been updating my miles a little more regularly as I approach the 10,000-mile mark, and now I've noticed a discrepancy between my records on Garmin Connect and here. According to our spreadsheet I have 19 miles left, but based on my Garmin "all days" report I just have 14.24.

I went back and checked month-by-month, and I've been entering the numbers accurately. The difference is that every month I've been rounding the numbers down. So for last month I ran 170.36 miles but I just entered 170 here. The result is that now I'm almost 5 miles off -- it's the difference between completing the challenge on Thursday or Friday this week. When do I celebrate my accomplishment?

Either way, I should have this done by the end of the week. Yay! I guess the next goal will just have to be 15,000 miles!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'd celebrate and complete it on Friday Dave. Just for good measure ;-)
  • davemunger
    Options
    Yay! I did it! I'm now at 10,002 lifetime miles!

I guess it's time to set a new goal...

lifetime_challenge.png

Some other folks are really close as well, so make sure you keep updating, and let us know when you reach your goal!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have hopped in on this! I am running mileage WAY below you guys, but I am hopeful! I have found distance running to be my new love.
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I jumped in.. sorry about the delay.. the goal for this year is 1000 miles. I currently am at 965.. I'm about 99.9% positive my 1000th mile will be logged during my first marathon. HOW COOL!!!!
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hit 1000 miles yesterday. It was during mile 12 of the marathon. 1014 miles to date with two months to go!
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just updated the spreadsheet and found that the week's recovery runs after my marathon got me to 3000 miles since I started running - currently 3012!
  • DanielleM7810
    DanielleM7810 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Is this still an active thread?
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Is this still an active thread?

I'd guess not; it looks like no data has been added to the spreadsheet beyond 2015.