6n12xrctniwd.png
    6cq9ok6auls9.png
    iw6lf3nt6x4t.png

Team Winners
    sq0y4y8tp6ft.png

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress for this month.

My weigh in day is Sunday
    My HW was 255 in 2018
    My current weight is 188.9
    My final weight will be 150

My goal for this month is to exercise at least 3 times a week and go hiking/walking at least 3 times a week. Small steps.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress for this month.

My weigh in day is Sunday
    My HW was 255 in 2018
    My current weight is 188.9
    My final weight will be 150

My goal for this month is to exercise at least 3 times a week and go hiking/walking at least 3 times a week. Small steps.

@alleykat69 Great goals...and again, welcome to the team. If you wear a Fitbit, Apple watch or Garmin...any kind of step tracker, since you already walk and hike, you should sign up for our Step Challenge, set your own daily goal and let it help motivate you! Let me know if you're interested...I believe the instructions were posted both in the FAQ on pg 1 of this thread or in my invite for step challenge registration for the month. Good luck for October!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Way to go Shape Shifters!! Great achievement for last week and for the month of September. CONGRATS to all who placed and who had honorable mentions!! Keep it going!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl love that puzzle pic too...the birds and butterflies are so vivid...I loved your last set of pics with Tinus staking his claim in the middle of the puzzle table. My last cat, Lacy Sue, was the worst at stealing my pieces...I just stopped doing puzzles...LOL I miss her little sneaky self though! Lost her in the late fall of 2020.

Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I'm not using MFP to journal my food - now there's a charge for barcode scanning @ $20/mo

So I will not be posting my food journal here
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Congratulations for making it on to the leader board again, Shape Shifters!

@alleykat69 - I really like the way you stated your future weight. ‘My future weight will be’ … You didn’t say, ‘I’ll try’ or ‘my target’ etc. I WILL

I’m going to visualize success that way! Thanks for leading the way on thinking positively.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    I'm not using MFP to journal my food - now there's a charge for barcode scanning @ $20/mo

So I will not be posting my food journal here

I wasn't aware there was a charge for using the barcode feature, as I pay annually for the full version, so I guess it's included. Sorry @LaurieWrobo ...change is hard when it's something you're so used to and then you have to stop using it. Hopefully you can find another tracker you like to use. I'll be honest though...I never really used the barcode feature anyway. I've gotten so used to searching or looking up something on Google, that I just never did. Let us know what you decide to do for your journal component.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    It's been a few months since I went to the Support List...lots of stress...kitchen remodel...living in half of my house...but I made it through and have to say I'm proud that I kept up with my walking...had to cut back a little bit because of my knee and everything going on, but in August did 30 intentional miles and 7k steps a day. In September did 32 intentional miles and 7.2k steps a day. I did gain some weight during this time, but it could have been worse, so I'm not beating myself up too badly.

This week, I've done better on watching what I ate, planning ahead and although I was still eating out some, not as much. My appliances were in by Thursday and over the weekend, I've started some preliminary cleaning and switching to the new refrigerator/freezer. Weighed in a week ago for my returning "starting" weight...tomorrow is my first real weigh in. I'm nervous, but anxious to get back to the grind. Hope I haven't disappointed anyone (other than myself)...I'm human. Time for the real work to begin in earnest again.

Appreciate some extra love and support this coming week! Hope you all have a terrific Monday. Still taking sign ups for the step challenge this month...

Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,191 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I started running 5K once a month back in March. I had just gotten to the point where I could walk 5K, then I saw a "weekend 5K run" challenge on my Garmin watch and decided to give it a try. My pace then was ~18:00/mi (which involved a lot of walking). Ten weeks ago, I started a 5K training program on my Garmin watch. It involved doing cadence drills and slowly increasing the distance week to week. Today that program culminated in my first 5K where I was walking only about 10% of the time. On this run, I set a few personal records: best 1 km pace = 14:23/mi, best 1 mile pace = 14:56/mi, best 5K pace = 16:16/mi. At half my current age, I was running twice that speed, but I'll take it. 😊
    Two years ago, just walking a quarter mile was a challenge.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @frankwbrown - Congratulations on your 5k improvement! That’s fantastic!! 🎉🎉🎉 I also appreciate the information about how you made progress. It’s so helpful to learn more about the steps in the process so others can learn from your success. Thanks for taking the time to post.

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited October 2022
    Options

I didn’t know about the charge for using the barcode scanner either. Is it already in effect or coming soon? If it’s coming soon, you might want to save the food items you use regularly in your favorites.

I’ve used the bar code a few times, and I agree it can be helpful, but it never stuck for me. I just search the food list and try to overestimate the calories a bit (since I hear most people underestimate calories and overestimate exercise calories burned) by selecting one of the higher items in the list.

The nutritionist who recommended the MFP app to me said she always suggests this one because the searchable database is so well populated compared to other options. Please let us know what you learn.

I’ve been trying to use my food scale more and become stricter about logging but it’s definitely a work in progress for me.
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Msashleybing
    Sunday
    PW: 188.9
    CW: 187.4
    LTD: 17LBS!!!

Steps:
    9/14: 3,834
    9/15: 2,112
    9/16: 5,234
    9/17: 8,239
    9/18: 7,890
    9/19: 3,355
    9/20: 1,471
    9/21: 3,741
    9/22: 1,218
    9/23: 1,999
    9/24: 925
    9/25: 4,158
    9/26: 2,129
    9/27: 2,085
    9/28: 1,988
    9/29: 1,714
    9/30: 1,278
    10/1: 5,696

I will be sitting out for the October step challenge. While I’m happy with my weight loss progress, not hitting step goals is frustrating. I’ve been focusing on other areas to improve lately and want to get those habits set in before I restart a step goal.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Thank you! I can imagine you would give up on puzzle with a sneaky cat like that. When Tinus makes a piece go missing, it is always by accident because his tail is always moving like a dog. So far it has only happened twice with the last puzzle I posted, so it's not a big deal. It's good to see you back on the regular team as well! I hope we will both do a good job getting on track again.
    While I am pretty much back to my highest weight, what @PatriceFitnessPal is true for me. I don't feel nearly as bad as I did 2,5 years ago at the same weight. Back then, I couldn't even walk 30+ minutes without being in serious pain. So my fitness and stamina is still a lot better. I guess the step challenge helped with that too. I think weighing in helps with accountability a lot and with being honest with yourself so I am glad to be back.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Steps 2 Oct: 15.415
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Yesterday was a pretty busy day. I did laundry, cleaned my bedroom, found a new set of bedsheets I had forgotten I had, threw out my old ones and wrote five postcards. My mom always calls on Sundays, so we were talking about the profiles we got. Turns out, she randomly got the exact same profile assigned as me on World Postcard Day! The odds of that are astronomically small. Just to give some context: last year on WPD, over 70.000 postcards were sent through postcrossing. Now that was during peak covid, but even if it is less this year, it is still crazy we got the same person.
    My food was pretty good, though my protein remains forever low. I am just gonna give up on it completely. If I want a high deficit, it is impossible to get 90 grams or whatever insane amount I need (I am 95% vegan). I will just do my best. I also decided to make overnight oats again. It is nice to have a warm breakfast now if I want it. I can just pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. It is also insanely filling. The only problem is that I don't really like it. :lol: I will try to adjust some things to see if I can make it better. I don't hate it either, it is just meh at the moment. I will be swapping walnuts out for sunflower seeds. When I got groceries last week, I was floored by the price of walnuts and I want none of it. I mostly add them for the texture; without something crunchy in the oats, the mushiness really bothers me. I love sunflower seeds and they are more affordable, so they should work just as well. I am going to try adding some of my banana meal powder as well. I guess I will let you all know how it goes. Happy Monday everyone <3
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    PW: 310.4
    CW: 306.2

Hope everyone has an amazing day!
    Jess
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I didn’t know about the charge for using the barcode scanner either. Is it already in effect or coming soon? If it’s coming soon, you might want to save the food items you use regularly in your favorites.

I’ve used the bar code a few times, and I agree it can be helpful, but it never stuck for me. I just search the food list and try to overestimate the calories a bit (since I hear most people underestimate calories and overestimate exercise calories burned) by selecting one of the higher items in the list.

The nutritionist who recommended the MFP app to me said she always suggests this one because the searchable database is so well populated compared to other options. Please let us know what you learn.

I’ve been trying to use my food scale more and become stricter about logging but it’s definitely a work in progress for me.

Hi it just changed on Friday I learned it from someone else and when I tried it, it says you have to be a premium member and I'm not doing that - all the years I've been here it's been free - just trying to get you to buy into their pricing & I'm not doing it even though the ads that cone through all the time are quite aggravating as well
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    I’m glad to hear the kitchen is almost done! That’s great.
    Be kind to yourself and if you need more support please ask.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown that is fantastic, congratulations!!!
This discussion has been closed.