Last 5 pounds ? 10 pounds ?

Options
traleen
traleen Posts: 58 Member
It’s taken me about 3 months to lose 5 pounds. Granted it’s stayed off well
I don’t exercise much since I’m so busy (work 2 jobs and one job involves a lot of walking) I get very little sleep. Lost 30 lbs in about 18 months. Age 61
Anyone in the same boat? Love to get to goal but every morning it’s down .1 then up .2

Replies

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you could find some time to nap? This might help.

I've been working on my weight loss almost a year and I average about half a pound a week.

I am 64 years old. I get a lot of exercise. Don't really know how to be helpful but it takes me a long time, too! I'm not very good at sticking to my food limitations.

Walking a lot in your job is really good for you.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    What I've been doing is adding in more green veggies (around 6cups)
    and removing processed foods and most sweets. I have heard a few experts say that if you can sleep more, it helps in weight loss but... for me I doubt that I will add in more sleep.

overall, drink more water or calorie free beverages) get in leafy greens and fruits. And i try to choose lean meats like salmon and chicken - while staying away from red meats (maybe 1/wk eat them)

Weight this morning. 104.8 and I'm almost 5'1" (you can choose to read that as 5'0" but, I'm slightly more than that and not quite 5'1". Oh and I'm 51yr. The change in hormones the past couple of years has thrown me off a little...finallly making progress.

Do you strength train?
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter I’m doing something very similar. Ive buying in more veggies and trying to prep my meals days before (have help from a niece who likes to cook).

Also limiting my processed food - esp sweets - whether it fits into my daily calorie count or not - seems to be helping. At least I feel better.

I’ve been successful in increasing my NEAT and halfway through a 3 day a week 12 week strength training program. Loving it actually. Adding in when I feel up to it some TRX, step aerobics (yep, I’m a geezer), and kickboxing. Will be thrilled to see 115 before the end of the year!
  • joyputnam04
    joyputnam04 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'2", 135 pounds. I want to get down to 115. I used to be 300, so I think I'm doing pretty well. Is six months out long enough for a goal of losing 20 pounds? I'm good with my diet, my biggest problem is getting all my calories in, but doing better. Exercise I need to work on. I've been working out 1-2 times a week but want to increase (all the more reason to get my calories in). I'm running a 5k in July, which I know is a long way off and not that far of a distance, but for me it will still be a challenge. Currently, I'm not even able to run a full minute. I try to run a minute, then walk for three, and repeat. I have seen a lot of charities doing fundraisers where you walk 30 miles in November (a mile a day). I'm thinking about participating, but don't know if I can get to the gym every day and I don't want to walk in the snow (originally from California, now living in Idaho). 37 years old. Wow, I'm almost 40, lol.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    . Wow, I'm almost 40, lol.

I turned 40 earlier this year. The big 4-0 was some pretty solid motivation for me!

• ritacip1977
    ritacip1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ! I have been on my weigh loss journey since March of this year and have lost 30lbs so far, I have 10 more to go! In October I started using this app and it has changed my life! It made dieting, counting calories so much easier!
    I’m currently a bit stuck at the 30lbs loss, I’m having trouble losing those last 10.
    I’m looking for friends who are in a similar situation and who maybe have some advice.
    Thank you !
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    @ritacip1977 Congrats on your success!! Interestingly for me, the last 10 pounds - after losing 20 - wasn’t that bad but that’s ONLY because it coincided around Lent and I gave up processed foods. What a difference it made.

I also became obsessive (in a healthy way) about measuring and weighing everything. I consistently hit 10,000 steps daily, lots of water, and adjusted my weight loss goal every 10lbs - so I ate less. You may want to get your calorie deficit thru activity but eating less was the easier way for me to go. You can do it. Patience. And consistency! And measuring everything you put in your mouth.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in the lose a few ounces gain a few ounces club....and Ive got a 9-5 job and I do exercise so no excuse lol. Good for you keeping the scale going in the right direction!
  • elisabethclements1984
    Options
    At 132. Looking to get into the 130-128 range. I just recently cut white sugar and white flour and got back to using this app.
  • milasmith0123
    milasmith0123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yeah i'm at a plateau right now. trying not to be impatient but struggling. i would suggest more sleeping and walking in general. those help a suprising amount :smile: