WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    After my last post where I wrote how my prelogging was super helpful to me when I was doing great....I've been better - still haven't quite logged ( @micki48 breakfast club!!) but I'm coming around to it. Weigh in tomorrow and I want to be in the green! given the option to pick a night to celebrate her MBA and 4.0 average, my niece picked tonight - fish tacos on the menu and I'll use one of the dusty bottles of champagne to add something special. Fish for tacos will be baked this time not pan fried, and otherwise, it can be a fairly healthy meal (if I moderate).
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @micki48 - I've belonged to the Breakfast Club and never knew it. I'm trying to move past that habit.

Reading through the posts got me thinking about the weather. Yesterday it was hovering around 40 with a wicked wind. A couple of days ago, it was in the low 70s. Those kinds of changes are unsettling. We haven't had snow here in the central part of the state, but up north has gotten some.
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 can my steps be counted from Monday, 7th November please? I've not used my Fitbit until then πŸ˜•
    If it's OK I will take a screenshot of my steps every Saturday evening for the past week for you to log it. This way may be easier to have it in one place πŸ€”πŸ˜Š

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself consistency is key, consistency is key. I've been lower but just need to keep up the work. My dad is coming to visit for a few days and he is already talking about going to a buffet they don't have in Rhode Island and he has a major sweet tooth. I am trying to tell myself to track, stay modestly within my calorie range, and it's only 3 days πŸ˜‚ I may try the calorie goal for the week this week instead of day. Have a 100-200 extra calories per day while he is here and then 100-200 less per day after he leaves. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

I know this all too well. My FIL visits every couple of months and wants to eat out for every meal, he starts his day with a Nesquik and wants lunch by 11am. It took me a while but I've learned to try to get ahead of it and pick out the restaurants, that way I can chose fare and price. Even when we visit him, it's eating out every meal and it's just not good for him. He has Diabetes Type 2 and can't feel his feet but he won't hear anything of it when we talk about how his diet could alleviate his pain and situation. Half of me thinks stuff it, he's a grown man and it's not my responsibility to keep him well and the other half, I obviously want him in good health so he's with us for years to come - I'm still working on the mental part of this conundrum
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It's 80F (27C) here today, it's beautiful but Saturday drops to 42F (5C) high with a low of 21F (-5C) :o

And look what I found in the gym here today. Now my mum has gone home, it's given me time to explore our complex a bit more and I have ventured into the gym to do some TRX workouts. A subscription is included in our rent so I signed up today and will try my first workout tomorrow. I'm not sure this is my thing but nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

nurpfa55n5x7.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
    Options
    @jugar I need to be excused this week, please. Mabel has been hospitalized with RSV

Hugs to you and Mable :heart:

@LoraineGB TRX is so much fun! I use mine often, and have just gotten back into it after a kind of slow time. I love the way your body position determines the intensity of the exercise, so you can adjust to keep good form, to measure progress, and to challenge yourself. They're also super portable for travel, especially if you have a door kit to mount it anywhere.

I'm so happy to be home! I followed the "enjoy eating with dad" diet for the week, and I'm a bit afraid to step on the scale tomorrow. At 94, the guy has a taste for absolutely anything (including my super high fibre kale salad!!), nothing bothers his digestion, his blood pressure tops out at about 120/76, and everything seems ok except maybe his cognition and memory :grimace: Since food is the thing he really enjoys, it makes it fun to share food with him. Hummmmph. Now I have to get back to normal.

It is so hard to offer diet advice to our elders - I hear you Loraine! My MIL was terrible for this - she had diabetes and all the things, but would absolutely refuse any counsel about diet most of the time. Ah well. We do our best, right?

I'm going to aim for escape from the breakfast club for a while - I have not been logging much at all, and after this period of abandon and indulgence, it is time to step back onto the straight and narrow. Let's celebrate logging!

Hugs to you all OOOOOOOOOOOO
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget our wonderful 8 week challenge! Hop on over to update your weekly progress, or let me know here how it is going and I will update for you. I'll be going back over anything I may have missed, but be sure to let me know if there is anything you'd like to add or if I missed anything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wi0i87iKT7THzfMInln_oyb5IQAfsiSPBaHwWGfCA4c/edit?usp=sharing
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Oh no! So sorry Mabel is in the hospital. Tis the season for RSV. I hope she recovers well and you get to bring her home healthy soon. Hospitals are not the most comfortable place to be .
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,143 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I hadn't heard of RSV before so I looked it up. Hope Mabel is on the road to recovery. Sending good thoughts!

@ells_bellz works great!! Thanks for letting me know
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit sending good thoughts for Mabel - any hospitalization is a worry, hope she's home with you soon.

• jugar
    Options
    Look at all the green! Every weigh-in so far this week is green.

Mine, however, is not. I reluctantly stepped onto the scale this morning and saw what I expected - and it is all @ashleycarole86 's fault! I'm blaming you Ash, for telling me you would be very disappointed if I came back from France without having put on a few pounds. I guess I felt bad about coming back without having accomplished my designated task, so I have made up for it since! But it is over. If I am not back in my maintenance range by a week from tomorrow, I'll be on the regular team for a while. I certainly did not make my week's goal of losing 0.5 pounds. SO - back to pre-logging, back to minimum 5 alcohol-free days per week, and earning those showers. At my height, a couple of pounds really makes a difference and I really hate tight jeans...

Have a great Thursday!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @jugar I need to be excused this week, please. Mabel has been hospitalized with RSV

Oh Kelly, I am so sorry. Sending prayers for you and sweet, Mabel. Hope she improves quickly. Hugs and love to you.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Can't seem to break out of the Breakfast Club. I am not doing what I need to do. I saw a reflection of myself in the TV screen at school yesterday and was taken aback!!!! My son is having some health issues and trying to get healthy. I need to do it too to support him and help myself. It's bad.

My steps are fine because I am on my feet 7 1/2 hours a day at school. But I am having a lot of pain in my feet/toe, so the last thing I want to do is go take a walk at the end of the day. I need to figure something out. I am thinking about joining a gym. Need to get that cardio going. I have an exercise bike, but it is buried in the garage with all our stuff. It's not my favorite, but better than nothing. But the gym sounds even better, except the cost. But I am worth it, right?

Something's got to give. I can't wait until a health emergency to fix it.

Talk to you later. M
This discussion has been closed.