November News

Options
Our new thread for our healthy November.

Replies

• GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hello all and a Happy November.
    I lost 5 lbs in October. (Yippee). My goal is another 5 by Christmas. I'll hold tight through the holidays and reevaluate in January. I want to fit into the clothes in my closet. I'm not sure another 5 lbs will do it. I think 10 lbs would do it.

How are you doing on your fitness goals? Where do you want to be at the end of the year?
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 709 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    November start:

Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)
    SW (02.10.22) - 150 lbs
    Last Month's W - 150.0 (10.03.22)
    CW - 142.2 (10.31.22)
    Nov GW - 136.2.0
    Final GW - 125 lbs

This month I'm committed to getting an exercise routine back into place. I've missed a couple of classes due to various reasons, but have been keeping up with ST on the machines.
    My eating plan is going pretty well since joining the gym's weight loss challenge. Once I send the nutritionist my food diary for the day, it keeps me from snacking at night, so that works out well. Still working on getting my protein intake up, but I expect that to be in a good place by January. I want to seriously ramp up the exercise and ST next year, so the extra protein in the diet will help.
    @GoRun2, I have two drawers full of older clothes that I'm looking forward to getting back into. I probably won't even keep most of them, but I'm stubbornly refusing to get rid of them until I see them fit me again :)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Great losses @GoRun2 @SparkSpringtime69! Way to go!

I’m going to make lemonade out of lemons! I increased my ST by a day a week, feel great, happy with how I look but was 1.6 pounds lower on October 1! I know I blew it last night - Halloween party (pizza, chipotle, pasta, and candies) - plus now that I’m back home - hubby has his treats. Daggumit! So I’m hoping some of this is temp water weight.

But - I feel I can put that all behind me with this being the first of the month and it feels like I can start fresh. Began the day with an egg and loads of veggies - zucchini, red and green peppers, spinach
    and onion. I’d feel spectacular if I could lose 8 - 10 pounds and be 117-123. Not sure how the scale will cooperate if I keep lifting but no intention of stopping!

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,861 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Nov1: 4Weeks for Everybody Day 1 PULL (30)+ Agility W1D3 6Weeks of the Work (20mins)

Date: . . . . . . |Follow | Plan | AM | PM | EVE |
    106.2 10/31 | Y . . . | Y . . .| 10 .| 8 . | 9 | <- Swiss miss hotcocoa and sugar
    105.6 11/01 | N . . . . | Y . . .| 4 .| 10 | 10 |

Walking:
    11/01:

November goals: Reduced sugar intake / eliminate added sugars/processed crap.
    Increase veggies. Increase protein. Increase fruits.
    basically, eat right. Stay in a calorie range 1400-1800

Also, Mens Health is doing a MOVE november.... goal to "walk" 60miles this month. Seems right up my ally. I'll track that in my Spoiler above.

• f1tafter40
    f1tafter40 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I’m so glad this group is still going strong. It’s been too long since I’ve posted. It’s been an extremely stressful year. I recently saw my physician and had a slew of tests. All my numbers looked good: weight, blood pressure, cholesterol. My A1C was a wake up call: 1 point from being at risk of pre-diabetes, which is much too close for my personal comfort. Time to start holding myself accountable again. This group is a great place to do just that.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread @SparkSpringtime69 !

My goals for this month:

* Keep on PT and gym twice a week, except during the week in Greece of course. But we'll have plenty of walking to do there, so I guess that will compensate a bit.
    * Keep on diving twice a week, weather permitting. As for now, we are facing heavy gusts of wind, so that might be compromised this week.
    * Work on my health ! After the misery of 2 weeks ago, I had my bloodwork done. The results aren't in yet, but it made me realize that previous results are online. I had a look and it is obvious that I have rather high cholesterol even though I hardly eat red meat or processed products, never eat butter, I don't smoke and exercise a lot. So that was a shocker ! Why didn't any doctor ever mentioned it? Still waiting for the latest ones before I start to worry. I also always have slight anemia, which might very well be the cause of all my little aches (fatigue, dizziness, ...)
    * Get my weight below 76, finally!!

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Nov 1: 4 Weeks for Everybody Day 1 PULL (30)+ Agility W1D3 6Weeks of the Work (20mins)
    Nov 2: Insanity max 30 Tabata (25) + Bulk Arms (25min)

106.2 10/31 | Y . . . | Y . . .| 10 .| 8 . | 9 | <- Swiss miss hotcocoa and sugar
    105.6 11/01 | N . . . . | N . . .| 4 .| 4 | 4 |
    ---.- 11/02 | N . . . .| Y . . .|

Walking: according to my apple watch
    11/01: 9 miles
    November goals: Reduced sugar intake / eliminate added sugars/processed crap.
    Increase veggies. Increase protein. Increase fruits.
    basically, eat right. Stay in a calorie range 1400-1800

Next task today: Pre-log all my food.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    November goals -

1) complete last 4 weeks of 12 week ST program.
    2) lose at least 5 pounds
    3) hit min of 7500-10k steps. Including a daily walk
    4) and what @SherryRueter said about nutrition above.

Down almost two pounds from yesterday. Ridding myself of the Halloween backslide.

@Antiopelle - my doc appt isn’t until Jan but I expect my cholesterol may be higher than normal too. Every doc who manages my dad’s care says because his is so high, it is most likely genetic and therefore lucky me. We will see. Do you have a family history of high cholesterol?

Welcome @f1tafter40!
  • SherryRueter
    edited November 2022
    Options

So below.... every word that says kitten is really aka poop. Obvi. MFP doesn't like swear words.

My (virtual) friends and I have decided it's No S+h+i+t November.
    I am liking this idea.

No eating *kitten* (sugar/processed/etc)
    No taking *kitten* from other people
    No liquid sugary *kitten* (soda's, beers etc)

basically everything that destroys your mental health.... stay away from it.
    Feed your body the fuel it needs, mentally, physically, emotionally.
    Take your power back.

No *kitten* November.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter : I love your take on no kitten month! I might join you! 😁

@CeeBeeSlim : I guess it is genetic. The latest results are in and cholesterol is still too high but a bit lower than 2 years ago. And I have anemia, which I suspected already. I’ll call my go this afternoon and ask him what he thinks I should do.

On another note, I lost more than 1 kilo overnight! I had been hovering for a long time now and it finally came off! The big whoosh, haha! 😆
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @SherryRueter No Kitten month, I like it.

@Antiopelle bummer on the cholesterol. It runs in my family but I didn't get that gene. Congrats on losing a kilo! I looked it up a kilo is 2.2 pounds for us Americans.

@CeeBeeSlim congrats on losing 2 lbs

Welcome @f1tafter40!

I was feeling stressed yesterday. I had to take myself for a walk to tell myself my life is really good and the things I'm stressed about I can deal with. I have an appointment for an MRI on Monday and an appt with the orthopedic surgeon end of December. My shoulder aches often, but it's not the end of the world.

I did have a bad day so we went out for pizza and a glass of wine. Yes, I'm a stress eater and a glass of wine works better than ibuprophen on my shoulder. Yesterday I was back on the program.

• SherryRueter
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Feed your body the fuel it needs,
    mentally, physically & emotionally.
    Take your power back.
    No S-I-I-T November
    Nov 1: 4 Weeks for Everybody Day 1 PULL (30)+ Agility W1D3 6Weeks of the Work (20mins)
    Nov 3: 4 Weeks for Everybody Day 2 Legs (30) + 6 Weeks of The Work Wk 5 Leg day 9(20mins of it)

---.- 11/02 | Y . . . .| Y . . .| 10 .| 10 . | 9 | <- probably didn't need popcorn.
    ---.- 11/03 | .. . . . .| Y . . .

Walking: according to my apple watch. Goal to get in 60miles:

11/02: 9.2 miles

Yesterday I felt so ON the game. I over dosed on cups of coffee to get thru..... but oh well.
    Hubby and I got in a 45min walk after work...loved that. Then went grocery shopping. I picked up Tuna so I had enough protein to eat for a couple days.

• SherryRueter
    Options

Question: I'm hypothyroid, Any of you ladies Hypothyroid?
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @Antiopelle 1 KG nice!

@GoRun2 I think we are all emotional eaters. I think our parents used to give us food to solve all problems. The larger issue for me is that the big food manufacturers lead people to think processed foods are actual foods....when they aren't. Its so hard to get off of processed foods.

Welcome @f1tafter40

• SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @f1tafter40, Welcome (back) to the group!! B) Congratulations on the good numbers - a high A1C can be a scary thing but it's good you found out about it early and can make changes for the better.
    @CeeBeeSlim, my weight went up a little this week too, and I think mine was water weight that had come off the week before when I had a rather large weight drop. Glad to hear yours went back down, gives me hope ;) . I've been wondering about the lifting also. I think when we start to lift more weight we may have to focus on inches more than pounds. It sounds like you got off to a good November, keep up the veggies.
    @SherryRueter, I like your no *kitten* plan (although I do think it gives kittens a bad name :) ) I want to cut back on processed foods as well, although I've been relying on them for some extra protein these past two weeks. I think my processed food removal will be a December goal, but I do have other things that I need to do for my mental and physical health (yoga, increase cardio, and others)
    @Antiopelle, congrats on the kilo loss!!
    @GoRun2, good for you for getting right back on your program - sometimes we need to give ourselves permission to have a treat, and it sounds like you really didn't go overboard, so kudos to you.
  • SherryRueter
    Options

okay I need to plan my meals somewhere and im going to do it here: Skip this spoiler if you dont wanna read it.
    Food plan.
    8am : Quest protein shake, with 1/3 protein bar crumbled in and some powdered PB. 1R 1/2Y
    10am: Coffee + 10calorie creamer, cinnamon and sweetener
    1pm: 2 packets tuna. 1 cup veggies. 1 R 1 G
    2pm: Coffee + 10calorie creamer, cinnamon and sweetener
    3pm: 2 packets tuna. 1 cup veggies. 1 R 1 G
    6pm: date night food. Planning Steak 2R; Potato 1Y ; Greenbeans or salad 1G; 4 tsp oil

Above will keep me on my goals. I want to get in 5 proteins today. 2 starch. 4 cups green veggies and 4 oils. no fruit. no nuts/seeds

Workout and food daily data:
    Nov 3: 4 Weeks for Everybody Day 2 Legs (30) + 6 Weeks of The Work Wk 5 Leg day 9(20mins of it)
    Nov 4: 27 mins elliptical. 35 mins Cardio (Asylum Speed and agility)

---.- 11/02 | Y . . . .| Y . . .| 10 .| 10 . | 9 | <- probably didn't need popcorn.
    ---.- 11/03 | Y . . . .| Y . . .| 10 .| 10 . | 9 | <- Didn't need cereal. was getting bored
    ---.- 11/04 | ? . . . .| Y . . .|

Walking: according to my apple watch. Goal to get in 60miles:

11/02: 9.2 miles =Total 18.2
    11/03: 7.2Miles = Total 25.4
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @f1tafter40, I missed giving you a shout out. Great job on the A1C numbers! that's awesome!
    @SparkSpringtime69 what foods do you eat that are for getting in protein that are processed?

Today's workout I enjoyed completely! my core has been so sore the past 3 days that I thought a break was needed. This was basically a ton of jumping jacks and fast feet.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @SherryRueter, mostly Beyond, Field Roast and Gardein plant based products. Every once in a while an Amy's frozen meal, I like their Mexican-inspired ones. I'm adding more tofu, edamame and tempeh but it takes a little more work to get the protein at around 100g without going over my calorie range. I'm using this month to play around with different meal plans that'll get me where I want macro- and calorie-wise without the processed stuff. I'm hoping that, by December, the only processed things I'll be using will be condiments.
    I'm vegan (except an occasional cheese slip) and was around 50-60g of protein without the processed foods, but the nutritionist from the weight loss challenge at my gym wants us at 100, so I've been using those things to get there. I don't want to start using protein powders, I like to stick with whole food.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Had to miss a scheduled workout due to parents’ doc appts and I hate to admit that the extra rest days help. I was MWF but could really do a M Th Sun schedule or at least two rest days in between. Would that hamper my goals at all?

Not doing great yet with step increase but doing great with veggies. Loading them up in my eggs, and doubling them up in my protein smoothies.

May deload next week.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Since I didn't write this in MFP daily logger, i'm logging it here

Food plan update at 5pm.

8am : Quest protein shake, with 1/3 protein bar crumbled in and some powdered PB. 1R 1/2Y
    10am: Coffee + 10calorie creamer, cinnamon and sweetener
    1pm: 1 packets tuna. 1 cup veggies. 1 R 1 G 100 cal protein shake with 1ts peanut butter
    2pm: Coffee + 10calorie creamer, cinnamon and sweetener
    3pm: 1.5 protein bars. instead of 2 tunas and a green. Was yummy.

6pm: date night food. Planning Steak 2R; Potato 1Y ; Greenbeans or salad 1G; 3 tsp oil

Above will keep me on my goals. I want to get in 5 proteins today. 2 starch. 4 cups green veggies and 4 oils. no fruit. no nuts/seeds