Freestyle Libre system

Options
Good morning everyone.
I have been using this system since the middle of September. The first sensor I used was completely out of whack compared to the strip. It was a free sample, so no big loss. I called the manufacturer to ask them about the difference. They said it was definitely not working right, so they sent me a new one.
Then, yesterday, when I applied a new sensor, I must have hit a vein, because I was bleeding profusely.
So, once the bleeding stopped, I contacted the manufacturer to ask what the next step was. They asked for my readings that morning and the sensor read 4.7(CDN) the strip read 6.4. Too much of a discrepency. So, they are sending me a new sensor. The lady on the phone said, because of the bleeding, it won't be accurate and to use a new one.
All this to say, I love the sensors, would love to have the reader, but the app on my phone works fine. The company is very helpful and, in my opinion, very generous. They could very well have said, "Well that's too bad, use a new sensor" and that could have been the end of it. So, I highly recommend this system.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I honestly thing most newly diagnosed people would benefit A LOT from one of these. I have always been curious about what mine does at night.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,400 Member
    Options
    I don't use one of the sensors, rather i have the old way where I prick my finger every morning and it works well for me. I have been off all meds regarding diabetes for 3 months now (since my kidney's failed) and am doing much better with the numbers without meds so am grateful for that. At one time I was on 12 meds for different things and am off all but one now (cholesterol med) but do have to take 2 meds for my kidneys until they function better on their own - I was paying at one time over $300 pers month for meds and now pay $20 so that is a big difference - the doctors are now saying all the meds I was taking though given for conditions I had am not better without the meds - meds are good but can be a hinderance to our health also so it is always good to review to see if you can get off them as the meds i was on all produced kidney failure.