Monthly Post for December 2022

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
December is here!! Let's make it a good one!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Hope your night got better last night, @KateNkognito once you got home and relaxed. <3

We had strong winds yesterday but thankfully no big branches came down in the driveway. More wind and rain coming on Saturday when I may or may not have my SUV back from the autobody shop. Fingers crossed that it all works out. In the mean time we are still waiting for a date for the trees to be taken down and trimmed. :(

Hope you have a good day today. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Where did this year go!? 10 more school days until winter break! I made two kids cry/get mad because I made them think for themselves. *Gasp* Can you believe my audacity?! LOL
    @Meghan509 I hope the car gets back and the tree gets cut down all without a hitch.
    Going to bed early tonight. Tomorrow I am working the school dance. Fun times!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Friday is here!! I have to say the week has gone by pretty quick.

Working from home today. Got a yearly skin cancer screening mid-day today at the Derm. Have been good about not getting a lot of sun in the past few years but still need to be careful with any damage done previously in life. :(

Not a whole lot going on here which is fine by me. Low key is good.

Still waiting on the SUV news. Friday is here and the auto body guy has been quiet. Trying not to get my hopes up in case it is early next week when I get it back.

LOL @KateNkognito with the student having to THINK! You would think that school means thinking but shaking my head... :smile:

Yes, counting down the days here too. Two weeks from today we will be on our way to Florida for the holidays. Coming up really fast! Looking forward to seeing my family. The week before Thanksgiving it was my Dad who was in the hospital with early pneumonia. He is on the mend. This time it is Mom. She went in on Monday because her left leg has been bothering her and she was tired of not being able to walk and get around well. Going to give her a call shortly to see what's happening there. Old age is fun!! Ugh.

Ordered all the gifts for my niece and nephew yesterday. Should be arriving next week. Fingers crossed! Clock is ticking. Phew.

Have a good day and a nice weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I typed a message yesterday, but it didn't post. :/ Long week, but we all made it. Today is my son's birthday. They're all sleeping in. Stupid storm system is giving me a headache. It was so windy last night that I couldn't see very far as I was coming home along the highway. Crazy stuff! Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Yep, I hear you Kate. One time I came in here and saw my post still sitting here still in draft. Sigh.

The last few days have been stressful. Last week my Mom was dealing with a lot of pain in her left leg, so she checked herself in to the hospital. Turned out it is a fractured tibia and she has no idea how or what happened. She moved from the hospital in to rehab. She does not feel confident that she can live safely without assistance.
    Fast forward to yesterday mid day, when my Step Dad takes a fall and ends up in the hospital. He had been alone and is unable to properly care for himself with stroke like symptoms, wheel chair, dementia, Type Two diabetes, etc. etc. They have nurses that come in but it is not enough. My Mom is not much help due to mobility issues and the above. In a nutshell, both need to be moved to a facility where they are safe and properly cared for like a nursing home possibly for my Step and or some type of assisted living situation....

Going to be traveling down to FL soon and it looks like we will be packing up a two bedroom condo. Sigh... I don't mind helping out. It is the least I can do, living far away and pretty much having my hands tied.

How does this relate to health and a diet and fitness board?! We need to take proper care of ourselves so that we do not end up in this type of situation when we get old.

And it is just my life recently. Trying not get upset or feel negative as it is what it is.

My SUV is STILL in the auto body shop. Hopefully tomorrow. The good news is I am home today and tomorrow so no traffic means a little less stress in my life. Every little bit helps.

Hope you had a nice weekend. Up until yesterday mine was not too bad. :(

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    How's this for a weekend? My youngest knocked the entire front bumper off the eldest's car. Yup. We now have one car for three people. Praying that the parts are available.

Meghan, praying for you and your family. It is tough as parents age. I hope they both get where they need to be. It is a good reminder to take care of our health when we are young.

Eight school days until winter break.
    Stay healthy, y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

UGH, so sorry @KateNkognito car stuff is not cool and not fun. I hope it works out and you can get it fixed asap!

Positive car vibes! Luckily I have them and can pass them along! I got my Honda SUV back last night from the auto body shop. She looks beautiful and is back to new again! The tree in question, hanging over our driveway, has NOT been trimmed of dead branches yet. Fingers crossed that we don't have a lot of wind and bad weather and that this gets taken care of quickly. Sigh...

Looking forward to our holiday work luncheon on Friday afternoon. I do like my Italian food. Yum!

No updates on the parent health front. Taking it day by day and hoping everything works out. That is all we can do.

Hope you have a good day. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad you got your car back! I am hoping ours gets fixed soon. I will keep your parents in my prayers.
    I hurt my back. Chiropractor says it is stress. End of the semester, behind on grading, full moon, and a crunched car. Don't know why she thinks it is stress! :D Seven more alarms.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

So nice to be able to drive my OWN vehicle to work today! Traffic was not too bad either, even in the rain!

Positive car vibes, @KateNkognito!! Thank you for your kind words regarding my family. <3

Things are going pretty well today. Status quo. :)

Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was a better day. Tomorrow will be long, but super productive. Six more alarms.
    Meghan, glad today is a good one!
    Off to do some stuff and things. Never a dull moment. Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Glad to hear your Wednesday went well, @KateNkognito. All in all same here! I am also counting down the days. Tomorrow, then Monday through Thursday and that's a wrap! Back to work in 2023! Monday will be remote so that is less of an alarm as I get to sleep in later! And no traffic whoot! Today there was a lot of volume, but I was patient, took back roads and wasn't late. Phew.

Not much else going on here. Getting ready to pass out our office holiday gifts, which is fun. :)

Hope you have a great day. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Had a pretty good Thursday here and a decent Friday on tap. Looking forward to our work holiday luncheon today and getting let go early afterwards!

Hope you have a good, uneventful day and a nice weekend. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Whoops! This week got away from me! Busy, but I am getting caught up with all the things. By the end of the weekend I should have everything done! Have a great weekend! There is a lot of illness going around. Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Tis the season to be running around, right @KateNkognito?! LOL

I got all the gifts in for my niece and nephew. Just need to wrap and ship this week. Four days left of work and then I am on vacation remainder of the year. Can't say I am looking forward to packing up my Mom and Step Dad's condo, but we do what we got to do...

2022 flew by. Many ups and downs and honestly happy to say goodbye to 2022 and bring on 2023.

We are going for our Covid Boosters and Flu shots this afternoon. Understand it is a personal preference but we feel a little safer knowing we are boosted and vaccinated before traveling soon. We will wear masks on the airplanes and in the terminal or when we are around a lot of people. Too much to do and can't afford to get sick.

Hope you have a good day and week. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Back with a cute recipe:
    I am planning to sub ground turkey for ground beef and use light cream cheese.

https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/ground-beef-and-macaroni-tomato-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-88925
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am all caught up with life except for laundry. Then this morning I found out my step dad's brother passed away yesterday. I wasn't close to him at all, but my dad is having a hard time.
    I have one more present to buy. We got the tree up this weekend. People start coming to town next weekend.
    @Meghan509 That recipe looks super yummy! I have actually cooked two nights in a row. Hold on because this might be a sign of the end of the world! LOL
    Three more alarms. It was tough getting up this morning. My dog was snuggly and my bed was warm and it was cold and wet out. Darn those adult responsibilities!
    Have a good week all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Been sitting on this page in draft for way to long, so let me keep it short!

Yes, I am with you Kate, two more alarms left here! Or if you include Friday it is three, because we are leaving in the AM for the airport! LOL

Glad you like that recipe. LOL on the cooking!

Sorry to hear about your Step Dad's brother. That is sad. Too many younger folks are passing away. Sigh...

Things are status quo here for now. I will take it. Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So much tired. Two more alarms.
    Meghan, enjoy your trip!
    Going to close my eye for a few and hope I wake up before the kids get back from lunch. Have a good one!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Wednesday! We are on the home stretch, for sure Kate!

Things are moving along and thankfully no more negative or bad stuff to add to our already full plate.

Traffic was kind this AM which I like. Today and tomorrow in the office and then vacation! WHOOT!

Need to wrap and prep the Christmas gifts tonight for my niece and nephew. Need to ship out tomorrow. Jeez, that came up fast. :open_mouth:

Have a great day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    One more alarm. No idea what I am doing with my students tomorrow. *Frantically searches Teachers Pay Teachers for ideas... Dozes off mid search.