Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    @fushiakat my goal weight was supposed to be 135 pounds, I switched it to 137 because when I reached that weight, I felt like my face was starting to get wrinkly ;). I set my goal range at 135 to 140 pounds and I actually like that 5 pounds range. I am now just over 10 pounds outside of that range and it feels like a long way back to me.

@trooworld when I was a kid, my family took a RV trip, went to Los Angeles, San Diego and Mexico. On Christmas day we were in San Diego, my poor mom was as sick as a dog so us kids had to spend the day in the pool.🤣. I remember it was so stinking hot, it wasn’t even funny and for a Christmas tree my mom wrapped wrapping paper around a lamp, so it kind of had the shape of a Christmas tree.🤣. It was a very different Christmas. I am so sorry that you had to get two new tires for your car, especially at this time of year! Those tacos sound delicious! How did you close up the tortillas to put the lettuce and sour cream in if they were crunchy? I want to try them :-).

@shaunarir83 I am so sorry that you are having so much drama in your life right now, it has to be really stressful♥️. Sounds like a night out with an old friend would fit the bill!

@Irjogger1 welcome to the team! It sounds like you really have your plate full. I love your reasons for getting fit again:-). Many years ago I was a nurse and you will definitely need that endurance and strength to get through your shifts :-).

@happysquidmuffin 🤣 it was Christmas and I ate stuff too, thoroughly enjoyed it lol OL! When do you leave for your cruise?

Well, I met my water goal today, which I haven’t done in months, so I am pretty darn proud of that. Food is right on track and I got in a barbell class this morning which was a lot of fun. Still at my light weights, that’s OK , I am showing up for class :-). I am going to do a spin class tomorrow, which I don’t usually do, I’m hoping that this instructor is a good one. I’ve never been to her class before. After that, I am meeting a friend for coffee, then an eye appointment, and then a long walk with my cousin at her dog. I think by about 4 o’clock tomorrow afternoon, I will be crashed out on my couch.🤣
    Hope everybody had a great day!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 139.6
    CW: 139.4

I think I need to lose 5 more pounds and make my range 135 - 140 the same as @laurelfit57 I don't want to be smaller than that. I'm 5' 4" tall. I did 2 hours of yardwork again today, it's good for me but it's bad for me too, because I hurt more. We have trees that are dropping leaves faster than I can rake them up. I did see 138.8 on the scale but it didn't stick.
    This guy had friended me, and I have enjoyed chatting with him but now he's hinting that he wants my email address which I'm never going to give him. Plus, he wants to chat every day and he started calling me "Dear". I'm not his "Dear", why do ppl have to be so strange. He's at Maintenace so I thought it would be good to get his perspective on things. I will be deleting him tonight. We are not friends; we've only chatted about 6 times.
    I've got a new saying "Just because you can, that doesn't mean you should". I almost forgot today was weigh in day too.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @lrjogger1 Welcome to Slimpossibles, it's wonderful to meet you!

@shaunarlr83 I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's kids, I hope they're getting help. Honestly with my pain levels I don't last too long around younger kids, the noise and extra stimulation wears me our though I love kids. My younger nephew is always making a lot of noise and bumping into me, I love him to pieces but it's stressful.

Hi team! I wanted to drop in so you all don't think something happened to me, yesterday was my nephew's 14th birthday then I caught a cold and can't stop sleeping. My Christmas was wonderful, Bill had to go home yesterday but we had a great time. Hope you all are doing well!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @FushiaKat I did a lot if maintenance reading beforehand and most people seem to do 5lbs but if you have bigger fluctuations especially with pain conditions and inflammation then 10lbs is reasonable. I do a tight 10lbs but prefer 5 lbs as a range. You touched on something that drives me crazy, all the "dears" and "hi beautiful" crap in texts. Aside of my mom and grandparents no one does that in Northern CA at least not growing up. If my boyfriend says something like that it's fine but otherwise it makes me want to scream. Dear THIS MoFo! The people who say it all the time is ridiculous, I know pet names are more common in certain areas but every sentence makes my blood boil.
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Username: hlnnan
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 64.6kg I think!
    CW: 64.6kg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all the new members!

I have a question for the group. I know we've chatted about coffee and it's clever alternative, tea. I am curious though, are there any spice eaters in the group? Jalapeno, habanero etc....
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    So my holiday season started off super busy and ended like *kitten* frankly. My stepson's mom decided to emotionally pull him into spending his entire winter break with her, minus the 4.5 days he was with us. We didn't even get to have Christmas with him. He's just immature (an Autistic trait of his) and his mom can basically make him do anything. His dad and I were super sad but had Christmas with each other and we did well buying for each other.

2 of my officer's were involved in an officer involved shooting a week before Christmas. The suspect had a knife and attempted to stab one and cut the 3rd officer that was there. They did what trained to do. All the officers involved have been on the road for less than 3 years so they are struggling a bit (more so with being left with no other option than deadly force).

I finally stepped on the scale today. I'm at 242.2 which isn't bad considered I haven't attempted anything resembling smart or healthy eating in at least 3 weeks. I finally went back to my PT job pushing carts Monday and walked about 36K steps over 2 days. Maybe I'll get a little more water weight off by Friday but that'll probably be my New Year's weight.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Happy to be here. I can’t wait to get to know you all.

*I can’t access groups, not sure if this will affect my participation. I see a note from MFP that it’s not just me.
    I’m a long time member of MFP. In 2016/2017 I used MFP and lost 70+lbs, low carb, working out and holding on. After having my children, I was carrying excess weight and struggled to lose it, I always gave up. I wouldn't lose much and felt defeated. I was determined in 2016 due to a surgery I had coming up. I figured less abdominal weight would help with recovery. It did, unfortunately the surgery was botched and that sent me into major WL. IMAGINE, I had to work on gaining. I’ve had some health issues due to that surgery that kept me in bed and with a wheel chair for months. After 5 years, I’m finally starting to feel back to my old self and it’s time to drop the added pounds that has flown on this past year.

I am definitely a person who needs accountability and a challenge. I work better with others. I appreciate the group efforts and it helps keep me going.

I am a mom of a 25, almost 21 and 13 year old. I love a good joke, cooking (probably was my downfall 😜) and cherish free time.

I will be counting calories, lowering carbs, upping protein and getting my steps in this month. At least, that’s what I’m planning for, since I have a bad relationship with carbs. They call out to me!

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi all and welcome @ AmbersWay!!!!

We made it to the gym 2 days in a row and I hit my step goal for the first time since December 3rd!!!

@Katmary71 is one of the unfortunate souls who cannot login in here right now and she says to tell everyone hi and she misses you!!!

@19shmoo69 - steak sauce used to be almost too spicy for me 🤣🤣🤣 I’m working my way up the spicy scale though. I took my mom to a concert (Billy Strings) thinking she would enjoy his great guitar playing and not knowing it was a stoner concert 😂😂😂 but we ate from the venues concession before ducking out early and she got loaded fries that had fresh sliced jalapeños and I’ve been eating them ever since!!!

Mom has an MRI tomorrow so I will catch up more then!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Oh gosh, that is way too cold! I'm so sorry about your nieces/nephews. That is a terrible experience for all and will leave leasting affects. I hope that they have a better life with your cousin/the dad. I'm glad you got to spend time with them for Christmas. I'm sorry about the drama with your ex and your sister. I hope you get to have a fun night of drinking with one of your brothers or daughter. Several years ago, we went out for NYE and had a blast.

@lrjogger1 Hi and welcome to the team! It's nice to "meet" you! What a great "WHY". Any weight-related changes/updates, you should tag @broncobuddee who takes care of inputting the numbers. Welcome again!

@19shmoo69 LOL! I love it! How's your new gym membership treating you? Those almonds sound good but really spicy lol. I tolerate spicy foods, I wouldn't say I seek them out. When we go for Thai food and they ask the spice level, I always say 3 out of 10. But I could really handle maybe 4 or 5 out of 10. I do eat spicy foods, I love air-fried jalapeno poppers and Mexican food.

@laurelfit57 That's funny what your mom did for a tree! Yeah, it was 81F for Christmas day, not what I call "Christmasy" lol. You have to try the tacos! I think what he did was put the meat and cheese in them and then just kind of loosely closed them up and when they came out, they were still a little pliable and so he could put the toppings on. MMMMMM Sounds like you are getting on a roll now, yay! I hope you enjoyed your day!

@FushiaKat Sounds like a good person to delete.

@Katmary71 Oh dear, I'm sorry about your cold. I hope you feel better soon! <3

@bethanie0825 I'm sorry about your Christmas. I hope your new year is better!

@AmbersWay Welcome to the Slimpossibles! It's good to "meet" you! I also love to cook and will occasionally post recipes. What's your favorite thing to cook?

Hi all. My no-zero day wins are below, I'm quite proud about that water as I've been averaging about 30 oz a day for a while now. For those that might not know what no-zero day is, see: https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: No snacking, drank 75 oz of water (double what I did the day before).

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hi again. I wanted to say I had a long talk with myself yesterday about my health. I'm going to die if I don't get this weight off. I am prediabetic, have knee problems, and get out of breath easily. Strokes run in my family. I need to lose this weight.

I have done a couple of things: I downloaded an app called LifeUp that gamifies things that you want to accomplish: http://lifeupapp.fun/ I will get rewards that I set up when I complete my tasks. For instance, I can get an hour of craft time after earning 100 coins. I can buy myself a coffee after 50 coins. It is an app that cost me $2.99 but it may be worth it for me.

I have decided that exercise really needs to be a priority for me. I am committing to using our Tonal on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I will also try to go for a hike once a week but that's optional.

I have done a good job cutting out the snacking, which I will give myself credit for. But something needs to change with my eating. For next week, I am doing a semi-meal prep: I am making 6 lbs of shredded chicken in my Ninja Foodi and then using that chicken in recipes throughout the week. There are other recipes that aren't chicken-based but most of the recipes use this chicken I will make on Monday. If part of the meal is done, I will have fewer excuses to eat off-plan.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: No snacking, drank 75 oz of water (double what I did the day before).

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Those almonds look yummy! Do you mean spices in general or hot ones? I like some heat and love spices and herbs, I grow all the basics aside of cilantro (have the gene where it tastes like soap).

@AmbersWay Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! Wow I'm so glad you're doing better after 5 years, that's one long recovery, I'm so sorry it's taken so long to start feeling back to your old self. I'm glad you're part of this group, there's definitely some great cooks in this group and it's fun hearing everyone's recipes, I look forward to hearing yours.

@bethanie0825 I'm sorry to hear all the stressful things that've happened this week for you. I'm sure your PT job will help with getting more steps in, that's an amazing amount of steps!

@shaunarlr83 Way to go on becoming a gym rat and hitting your step goal! Thank you for passing my hello to the group, one of my friends told me if I'd been tagged I could click on it and get to the group that way so I tried it and made it here. Hope your Mom's MRI goes well!

@trooworld Thank you for the reminder of no-zero days, I spaced that one! Way to go on water, you're doing awesome getting it in now! I think the app will be a great tool for you, you're setting reasonable goals plus the fun of “winning” things you like is a good way to develop new habits.

@Laurelfit57 I think you're doing awesome figuring out what you need to work on and it's the perfect time to be planning changes to make. I definitely think working on core and strength exercises are great for helping with posture, the better shape we're in the easier it seems to hold our bodies and move correctly plus being more aware of body mechanics can really help a lot. I'm not sure which makes the bigger difference for me, strength training or stretching as the more limber I am the less I overcompensate. I looked up Bob and Brad (Pts) on You Tube and here's 10 stretches that can help: https://youtu.be/it38IDFNFog Also yoga and pilates workouts seem to help a lot in this area too.

@lrjogger1 Welcome to Slimpossibles Laurie! I love your going back to school after 30 years, I'm sure you'll be an amazing nurse.

@happysquidmuffin I hope you get to your goal soon too, when will your cruise take place? YouTube always has good workout videos if you aren't able to get to the group classes, I have a crazy amount of videos saved if you're ever looking for recommendations.

Hi team! If you know anyone who can't get into the group because of the restriction error a friend told me if you click on a notification of being tagged in this group you can click on it and follow it in which is what I did. Weird error with it being both on the app and website!

I'm doing better as far as the cold but couldn't sleep at all tonight after sleeping in yesterday. I did get back to my chair cardio today but didn't feel up to weights, I'm doing a yoga challenge right now too with some friends and my boyfriend and got that done too. Food's a little better, almost have all the holiday stuff gone now. As far as no-zero days I've been doing the yoga challenge for the last 4 days and today is the last one.

So are we going for a No Zero year for 2023? I think that would be pretty awesome to do as a group and I'm in! Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,791 Member
    Options
    Hi MS...Another member joining your awesome team...Please welcome @Becoming_A_Butterfly :)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm going to need No Zero Day's for 2023 I only have two resolutions and that is to maintain my weight for an entire year and declutter our home. I'm constantly thinking about it but now I need to actually do something about the clutter.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @trooworld oh Pad Thai!!! Around here the spice level is 0-6 and I ask for 8.
    @Katmary71 I was just asking in general. I've met people that hate spicy food but want the their pinto beans with so much hot sauce their nose runs.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Katmary71 I love Bob and Brad!

** definitely good for those of us who sit a lot of the day at a desk
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcome 🤗

I’m trying to scroll back and read up.

@19shmoo69 , those reaper almonds seems frightening and I like spicy. My latest find, was colby cheese with hanero, jalapeño and chipotle in it.

@Katmary71 glad you’re feeling better. I can’t wait to see everyones recipes. I need to work on cutting calories from our family favorites.

@FushiaKat Add me to the decluttering group! I started a closet yesterday. One goal a day, any extra is bonus. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

Welcome @Becoming_A_Butterfly

@trooworld Congrats on the water drinking. That’s great. I like your app idea, positive encouragement goes a long way. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the no zero link, it’s new to me.

@shaunarlr83 Good job on getting to the gym and steps done. I’ve been trying to get more steps in. Some days are better than other.

Still working on catching up with previous messages.

I hope you all had a great day.

For me, I managed to go buy a new food processor that weighs and has a blender attachment. Hoping to get back to my high protein smoothies. I also got a new garment steamer, so by the amount of things in my closet that need done, I hope it burns calories. 😂 You may see that pop up under exercise in my diary.

What are your New Years plans (meal wise)? I need to figure things out. It’s our 29th wedding anniversary and we’re planning to stay home.

Have a great night/day/morning!

This discussion has been closed.