Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
vutfkyi9y9br.png
Here is your Team chat room for December 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The December challenge runs from December 3 - 31. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    The December Week 1 Challenge is ready to roll first thing Sunday. Let's start December with a strong week.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878958/december-week-1-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 282
    C. W. 282
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

om17uqr52fw8.png
    qhdb65bvqsce.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    4pm0jzps1ept.png

By Pounds
    8rtgik9rob8q.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8csj91i57uoc.png

By Pounds
    lx0h17281y8e.png
    twultk81up1k.png

Team Winners
    wgl1lq6xkdwo.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

22nrbbofwjef.png
    u8v54at1f1wi.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ntnfl5mmot3j.png

By Pounds
    31t69xsaqgjg.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    l8o7tqrsjmtf.png

By Pounds
    fhjyblc3leqp.png
    ynwdgxci96nk.png
    5en9k7j9duy2.png

Team Winners
    x8ws1xwgaq7n.png
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    r7hko2y8ah7v.jpeg

Hi guys!! I’m Shauna from Oklahoma and enjoying my last year in my 30’s. I have two kids McKenzie who will turn 21 next month and Dalton who just turned 18!! We have all just moved back to my hometown. They live about 3 miles from me and about 3 blocks from each other! I’m staying with my mom who really could have used me here all year as she had double knee replacements done, but we are finally getting her house and everything back in order after months of not being able to stay on top of stuff herself.

I consider myself an avid hiker, although my goal for this year was to hike 100 hikes and 500 miles and I’m no where near even hitting half of that goal 😣 Life has been crazy and transitioning into life with two adult children changed me in so many ways. I am a great goal setter though and even though it has taken me a few months to really get back to hitting my many goals I am gradually progressing and making many positive changes and seeing those positive results!

I’ve been here since August and you guys have helped me more than y’all will ever know.

🔴August I got back into the habit of logging in and checking in regularly. I had been playing around with intermittent fasting and learned what worked best for me. I got back to my goal of drinking 14 cups of water daily.
    🟠September I recommitted to doing actual workouts again and not just walking. I set out to close all of my watch rings everyday the entire month!
    🟡October I committed myself to doing an 8 week workout program and I was on track and halfway done. Also hit 10,000 steps everyday of the month.
    🟢November started off so well and I made it halfway through sticking to all goals. Going through a divorce meant my focus shifted from things I wanted to be doing for myself, to things I needed to do for myself. All goals slipped a bit but I was staying super busy everyday so weight mainly maintained.
    🔵December I am back to hitting all goals. Off to a slow start on food logging and missed my steps on day 1 but I’m now at a place of no real obligations so everyday is a brand new day of wake up and see what all I can achieve!! I want to see and do so much this month but I am limited with no personal vehicle and I’m yet to start working. Still have high hopes for a great holiday season.

Food choices are difficult right now because I either have…someone buying me food, cooking for me, or I have to cook with someone else’s groceries. I can however control the amount of food I eat so that’s what I’m doing right now.

My gym equipment is here and my daughter and mom want to get into the gym up town this month so I’m about to figure out what workout program I want to shoot for. Something is telling me I need to start jogging again.

Looking forward to meeting the newcomers and seeing how all of you celebrate the holidays!!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 138.6 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 137.8 lbs

Hi everyone, Sidonnie checking in. Captain, can you please adjust my starting weight in the spreadsheet. I had put 138.4 lbs but I just checked my weigh in book and realized I was actually a bit heavier than I thought.

Down 0.8 lbs this week and I'm happy with that. My goal is 0.8-1.4 lbs per week so I'm on target.

Congrats to the team for the Week 5 win and a special congrats to @trooworld on your huge loss!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Hi, I'm Kathryn, Kat for short and I live in southern California. The beach is about an hour's drive away. We live in the Inland Empire area. I have 7 rescue cats and 1 husband. They keep me pretty busy. I am chronically ill with a list of ailments the major one being Rheumatoid Arthritis. I self-isolate and I always wear a mask out in public. I get overwhelmed easily.

I started out at 245 lbs. I'm pretty close to my goal of 140 lbs. I said I will get there by the end of this year, then it should be pretty easy to maintain for the most part. I track everything I eat every day.

I eat to feel good when life gets stressful or I'm in pain. I've made changes in my life, so I don't eat to feel good unless it's a really bad day. Then I only eat a little extra.

I've recently started doing some yard work. There's lots of leaves to rake up. I over did today and now I'm so sore it's impossible to move. But I want to spend at least an hour a day outside doing something. It's good for me to get out of the house. My husband stacked up the Jeep parts he had in the living room this morning to make room for our Christmas tree so I will work on getting that put up. It should take me about 3 days.

Welcome new people, and welcome back team members. Congratulations on all the losses ♥ very impressive.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 781 Member
    Hi everyone!
    First things first:

Sunday weigh in: 222. PW: 220

I’m Meg, long time mfp member. I’m here in F2F because I know it works. I’ve had great success in the past losing by keeping focused and relying on this amazing group of motivators and allies.

I am the poster child for excuses. I had an ankle injury in 2018 that derailed my excellent biking and walking habits. Then I had a hormone issue that took about 18 months to sort out. I was feeling crappy and eating crappy. Meanwhile my ankle never healed so I started physiotherapy right at the beginning of 2020. Then … BOOM. Work from home. two kids at home, lockdown etc. Next: back to work as a teacher - never ending staff shortages. Covid through my home over and over. Sick and absent kids. Back online. Back to school. Etc etc.

It’s been a roller coaster, and one thing that’s remained the same is my compulsion to use food as a coping mechanism. I did all the lockdown baking, ordered all the microbrew and local wineries’ home deliveries. Supported all the restaurants.

So now, my ankle is still not healed. Nothing I can do about it apparently. The tendons are calcified. I need to live with it and stop using it as an excuse.

All told, I have gained some 60 pounds in the last 4 years. I feel tired and sore all the time. My stomach is usually upset. I’ve put myself I to such an unhealthy place. I need to really start taking care of me.

Sorry for the novel. Hopefully laying it all out there helps me get the push I need to really commit and make this work. I’m so tired of feeling so crappy. I need to fix my lifestyle.

Thanks for being here! Here’s to a month of being the best versions of ourselves we can be. To forgiveness for past mistakes and grace for future ones.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Hey hey Slimpossibles is , way to go gang!on the leaderboard, way to go team!

@trooworld @Ftofit @davidji82 @Shaunarlr83 @Vegan4lyfe2012 Way to go team!

@shaunarlr83 Beautiful picture and background! Sounds like you'll have a lot of options for working out, it will be great to have your mom and daughter going to the gym too if you decide to do that.

@jamaicanlady Hi Sidonnie! Nice loss this week, way to go!

@FushiaKat So happy for you, you've been doing amazing! I agree with you being outside is awesome, I'm glad you're making time for it but try not to overdo it! I'm one to talk I know!

Not much to report, having a tough time with these storms but hanging in there. Happy December!
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Weigh in day:
    PW 64.8kg
    CW 64.2kg
    :) happy with that

Hi everyone

I am finally facing up to the effects of using food as an emotional comfort aid and the effects of working from home on my fitness levels.

I have a family, a job and a household to keep me busy and I am working towards a new lifestyle for myself.

I like learning new skills (currently trying to learn Japanese), cooking and baking, hiking, cycling and much more.

My nemesis is tending to think I am still 18 when I could eat anything with no negative effects :D

I am glad to meet you all!

hlnnan
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all! I'm Anna. I'm married, 57 yrs old and have 4 adult children, 1 adult child who calls me mom because, both his parents have passed away. I have 11 grand beauties who are my entire world. I have my fur baby, a lab/boxer mix. He is my very best buddy.

I feel broken because of arthritis and bursitis in my left knee, both hips, both shoulders and both elbows. When I turned 50 my body decided to break down. Lol...... Heart problems started when I was 43 yrs old. I've been through a lot with that.

I like walking with my best buddy but, it's been really cold lately and has been snowing some so, him & I are really missing our walks. I have a treadmill, but when I use it, Chipper gets mad. It's actually kind of funny. I love my best buddy so much. I also like exercising mostly I like doing "Leslie Sansone" walk at home. My hobbies are crocheting, reading and journaling.

I'm thinking about trying to see a therapist/psychologist or whichever dr it is that'll help me work through some issues. I thought I always handled things just fine on my own but, I've come to realize that maybe, some help; will help.

December goals:
    1) Exercise 5 days per week, strength 3 days per week.
    2) Weigh, measure all my food.
    3) Track/close diary everyday except for 12/17 12/24&25 12/31 and 1/1/2023.
    4) Read "The Shift" for at least 20 min daily and do the exercises at the end of each chapter.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 781 Member
    Good morning, Slimpossibles!

Today’s goal: no snacking after dinner.

Hope you have a fantastic day! I’m off with 400 kids to see the musical elf! Should be fun!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited December 2022
    My weigh in was supposed to be Friday and I missed. Everytime I get going, I slip so my goal is just not to this month

CW - 239.6

Still the same but I didn't really do anything to change it the past week. It ls Monday and a new rotation at work so here I go again, for the millionth time 🫠
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app. I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I like to walk and talk with friends as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore. Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    @ the entire team, congratulations on taking the top spot!!! And 2nd place for November! Woo hoo! And way to go, @Ftofit and @davidji82 @Vegan4lyfe2012 @shaunarlr83 for leading the way!

@shaunarlr83 Oh man, I'm sorry it's so complicated. That must be stressful. I hope your mom feels better soon, and the rest of your family. Good luck moving! You are so pretty! I love that picture, it says TRIUMPH! Great progress.

@laurelfit57 Way to get to the gym! And tracking, yay! Good to hear from you.

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I wish they would, too lol. Anger is a big trigger for me to eat. Thanks! Wow, great control with the salad and beer and no pizza! You should be proud of yourself. Thank you!

@jamaicanlady Wow, that's a long commute! I have one, too, it stinks. No posting requirements besides the weekly weigh-in but we'd love to hear from you when you can! Congrats on the loss, nice way to start out! Thank you!

@Tamevv Thank you!

@19shmoo69 Ah I see. I'm glad the cloud bread worked out. Yes, coffee is awesome!

@Cornanda Thank you! I would love that breakfast. :) Great job, thinking outside the box!

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@megnolia82 Great goal for the day!

@hlnnan Congrats on the loss! That's great you want to work on your health even though you hve a lot of commitments. How cool to learn Japanese! I'm trying to learn Spanish right now. I feel you on the 18 yr old eating habits.

@DrewsAnna What about taking Chipper to Home Depot, like @laurelfit57? That's funny that Chipper doesn't like the treadmill. I'm with him! lol

Hi all. I'm doing pretty well. I noticed I have increased my fruits & veggies intake from about 3 a day to 4 a day. That's progress and I'll take it!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 147.7
    CW: 148.6
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • shaunarlr83
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 184.4
    Current weight - 183.2
  • shaunarlr83
    I copied and pasted part of my bio, forgot to edit that my daughter will be 21 THIS month!!! In 7 days!!!! So crazy when most days I still feel so young myself 😂😂😂 Mybhiking friend had asked me in the midst of a long day last week if I would be up for hiking today, I was excited and looked forward to it all weekend but she had to cancel last night bc her little girl has a double ear infection. Of all the things I’ve gone through this past month, this has me the most bummed… 😳🤨🤣

Now that I’ve moved all of my belongings here to my moms shop (I’m excited to finish my wardrobe corner and show y’all what I’ve done) I think I’m going to spend a little time going through and getting rid of stuff. I wish I could have taken the time to sort stuff before packing but having people help pack makes that hard.

I’m still anxiously awaiting to hear back after having a background check ran for the job I'm applying for. Everything was moving so quickly until Thursday when I completed that portion and now it has all halted. Y’all guys know about how long it takes to get one back when applying for a government job!? Lol I’m not real patient when it comes to stuff like this.

I have to return a signed document today stating that my husband was served his divorce papers and then the only thing left to finalize it will be the court date in January. As of right now communication has stopped and I’m relieved but it is an adjustment. I’ve noticed that I’ve not spent very much time alone this past month and if I happen to find myself alone I’m usually distracted by my phone or the tv. I absolutely feel what @DrewsAnna said! My first appointment to find a counselor is in 2 weeks and I’m very much looking forward to talking out somethings I don’t want to or don’t know how to say to my mom or kids or other family members.

Exercise WILL start to take top priority again and as well as keeping up with you all!!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 65 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all fully launched, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily exercise and I have two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I had been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever. I finally reached goal May 8, 2022! I am just beginning my journey in maintenance, a whole other learning curve but very exciting!
    Throughout this journey I have discovered that I absolutely love working out at the gym, spin classes are my favourite but I do get in a couple of weight classes a week too! I typically work out at the gym three days a week, the other days I try to maintain at least 10,000 steps and with my little pup that usually isn’t an issue lol.
    I am now in the maintenance phase and am definitely finding it a learning curve, just as weight loss was. I did great until August, when life took over (sons wedding, life stresses etc.) and I have been between 2-8 lbs over my goal range. With the support and encouragement of this amazing group, I know I will get back in range and this is all just part of this new phase of my journey.
This discussion has been closed.