Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hello my SlimPeeps! My name is Jennifer and I am a 48 year old single mom of 3 adult children that have all been married off now. I live in beautiful Southwest Michigan, right across the Lake from Chicago. My son, Marcus, is 27 and stationed in Virginia (Navy). He received new orders and they will be moving just 2.5 hours away from me in January. They are going to give me my first grandchild in April (a girl)! My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 25 and lives about 45 minutes south of me. My youngest daughter, Hunter, is 22 and about 35 minutes south of me. She is going to give me my second grandchild in June. We should find out this week if they are having a boy or girl. I am an empty-nester, so I’m enjoying my quiet time with my sweet American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for almost 18 years. I’m trying to break free of my food addictions and self-sabotage.
    Creating cards is one way that I keep my hands busy and snack-free. If you’d like me to send you a Christmas card, just send me a friend request. After I accept the friend request, then we can private message so I can get your name and mailing address. (Permission previously received for this.) To my other peeps on here that have already allowed me to send cards to, no worries – I’ve got you on the card list for Christmas already :)
    2022 Mantra: NO ZERO DAYS!
    (No Zero Days is based off an article that was shared on here previously by @trooworld. It’s the idea that, as long as you’ve accomplished something, then you didn’t have a zero day. No need to do it all…just a little is better than nothing. Article linked below.)
    No Zero Days article: https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Steps Update

Nov 27 - 3011
    Nov 28 - 41049
    Nov 29 - 4719
    Nov 30 - 12889
    Dec 1 - 6220
    2 - 13162
    3 - 23942
    4 - 6339
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1ol4lkz109lo.jpg
    bn2dg0q0h7gx.jpg
    avk5twmfmfh8.jpg
  • DrewsAnna
    edited December 2022
    Options
    qa8m6odtblgw.jpg
    f7kzxh077zm7.jpg
    yf7dup40jnnd.jpg
    cmq76110bc7l.jpg

• DrewsAnna
    Options
    jkqbfmhtlrio.jpg
    10d4chwyhgkw.jpg
    2so1ynwf7v8l.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @hlnnan Learning Japanese sounds hard but fulfilling and exciting! Nice to meet you too!

@DrewsAnna How dare you go on that treadmill and not take Chipper for a walk! Have you tried your pup on the treadmill? I think a dog more than us wouldn't see the purpose of walking in place, especially since they like to smell everything! I think seeing a therapist is worth it, if you don't like it you can always stop but it's helpful to work through things, vent to someone who won't repeat it, and to just hear what you're going through is normal sometimes.

@megnolia82 How did no snacking go? Have fun at Elf!

@bethanie0825 Instead of thinking for the millionth time you mean here you are not giving up right?

@trooworld Check you out becoming a produce queen, may time time for the rainbow challenge soon!

@shaunarlr83 I'm sorry hiking didn't work out today. I've heard with government jobs the process takes awhile but don't recall how long it would be. I hope things go well in 2 weeks, like I said to @DrewsAnna I don't have much to say to my therapist anymore since things are going well but still keep an appointment every couple months because that's around when I need to hear I'm normal!

@laurelfit57 I know you'll get those extra pounds off because you're such a strong woman. Honestly I kept reading about how maintenance was going to be challenging but it was more than I thought especially when my worst pain condition relapsed. I think the biggest thing is that I'll always be tweaking things to how I'm currently doing, its never written in stone like I imagined it to be.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad your son won't be too far from you especially with your grandchild arriving around the corner.

@DrewsAnna What impressive decorations, that village is amazing! I have a stuffed polar bear holding a coke I got from a fast food restaurant but heck if I know which one, it would fit in good with your items. It's probably a collector's item and I have no clue, now I need to look it up and perhaps get it out of my Christmas decorations!

Hi team, lots going on since I posted yesterday, I'm happy to see things are busy right now! I did a modified workout then went to get my blood test done to see if my hormones offer any secrets to how much longer until menopause (deciding between a procedure and surgery and the answer will help). Did a bunch of shopping but the main thing I needed was out at Walmart pickup and I can't go in stores to lug cat food around so I'm a little frustrated but placed a Chewy order. I'll still have to go out tomorrow for cat food and to get my prescriptions. Having a tough pain night, I'm going to go lay down early. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I have Christmas stuff scattered around but my mantel is the cheeriest of it all, I was trying not to get Jasper's rear end in the pic while sitting on the couch so it's a little weird of an angle. Bill and I both got rosemary trees at Trader Joe's so we have matching trees, I'm a huge dork right?

kdmjnikah3m1.jpg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I have read about no zero days on Reddit, and I love the concept. It’s a perfect way to start where you are with manageable goals that work for you.

I had a good day - we walked back to school from our field trip. It was just 1.7 km but that’s more than I would have walked otherwise :)

Snacking - not so great. Tomorrow is another day.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @Katmary71 - you are 100% right

I finally read "No Zero Days." I loved it. It's easy enough and completely customizable to each person's goals. So here goes nothing lol
  • DrewsAnna
    Options
    @Katmary71 thank you :) I have been collecting coke memorabilia for a good many years. My Christmas tree will be full of coke ornaments as well. The house is flooded with it.

Hey y'all, sorry for flooding the chat with so many pictures. I tried to delete one of those posts but, I couldn't figure out how. Lol, I have a link to a short video of the village if you guys want to see a little better.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sMCXMUPhgvpntsAB8
  • soaness
    soaness Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 198
    CW: 197.6

Hey everyone, I’m Hanna 28/F and I’m a healthcare provider. I have work and career goals to focus on, but this year I reached my heaviest weight. So I consulted back with my nutritionist after 10 years and I’m glad I found a group to share this journey. 🤗

My ultimate goals include:
    - To have a healthier relationship with food (aka less binging),
    - To pick more quality foods to spend my daily calories on, and
    - To lead a more active lifestyle

My weekly goals include:
    - To log 99% of my daily food intake
    - To be on daily caloric deficit at least 6x/wk
    - To binge only a maximum of 1x/wk (will work on lessening the frequency)
    - To workout at least 3x/wk

Hope we all stay positive and motivated together! 🤗🤗
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

As always, today’s goal is no snacking after supper. I’ll try to check in after supper when the urge hits!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss! Happy early birthday to your daughter, 21 is that iconic birthday! I'm sorry your friend had to cancel. :( I'm thinking good thoughts for you for the job. I'm glad you are going to see a counselor, that's good. Have a good day!

@DrewsAnna OMG!!! I love love love your Christmas decorations! I love your village, it is so cute and perfect! All of it must bring you so much joy as it does me! Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you couldn't delete that post!!! I tried to watch your video but got a playback error.

@Katmary71 Hahaha! I hope you find the answers in your blood work. Feel better. I love your mantle, it is so cheery! And your little tree is so cute!

@megnolia82 Great NSV!

@bethanie0825 That's a great article. Yes, totally customizable.

@soaness Congrats on the loss! Those are great goals!

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday, I listened to my body when eating and ended up not finishing my plate at lunch and dinner. I drank enough water too.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    First of all, huge, congratulations to MS on the leaderboard!!

Thanks for leaving the way @trooworld @Ftofit @davidji82 @Shaunarlr83 @Vegan4lyfe2012 I

I have been able to go to the gym the last couple of days and have really enjoyed catching up on everyone’s posts as I have been waiting for class to begin.

@DrewsAnna I too love walking with my best buddy, but when it gets this cold, luckily I can go to the gym, my puppy does not get the exercise she needs. I have trained her to use the treadmill for days like today (it is -35° here today) :-) :-). Love, love, love all your Christmas decorations!

https://youtube.com/shorts/X5mtKzFXoE0?feature=share

@trooworld good for you for the increase in fruits and veggies! I am still struggling with not drinking enough water, you are a good motivation for me!

@shaunarir83 it looks like you live in a very beautiful area! That is quite the application process you are having to go through, very extreme!

@katmary71 thank you so much for your words of encouragement, they really mean a lot! Maintenance is definitely a challenge, more than I have thought it would be. Sounds like you had a super busy day. I am so sorry that you are struggling with your pain right now, I don’t know how you do it. When I am in pain or lacking sleep, all I want to do is eat comfort food. You are an inspiration! Your Christmas decorations look wonderful! I love your mantle!

I was able to go to the gym yesterday and today. My workouts were a little goofy, in my barbell class today I picked very light weights and was still shaking at about five minutes in lol! It just felt really good to be back at the gym, I really do know about myself now that Working out is not only part of my physical well-being, it really does a lot for my mental health as well. My GOAL for the month of December will be to maintain, my HOPE for the month of December will be to lose 5 pounds.🤪. Looking at my calendar, I am going to a dinner theatre brunch tomorrow, there are five birthday celebrations in December, and then Christmas! Being able to go back to the gym, this month will be a huge help.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Step Correction - I def DID NOT walk over 40K steps on Nov 28th. More like 4049 steps lmao
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ...You have a new member joining your team ... Please welcome @bookgurldia7 :)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 142.8
    CW: 141.4

A little bit closer again. It's like the one step forward two steps back dance. After I get to 140, I'm sure it will take me a month or more to stay there. I'm too sore to move, I've been doing some yard work. It's a mess and needs a good cleaning.

I'm keeping up with my goals, of water intake and steps so far so good for the month and I'm decluttering at least one item a day if not more.

This is a busy week for me I had a Telehealth Visit with my new Sleep Doctor, I like him. I'm seeing my Rheumatologist in the morning and my old Sleep doctor for the last time on Thursday.

I got our Christmas Tree put up, but I noticed a few lights are burnt out and need changed before I can add the ornaments.

My husband gave me my Anniversary present early it's a Swarovski Advent Calander, every day is a new Crystal. I love it, I love that there is no candy involved to feel guilty over. This month will be difficult, but just give yourself some grace. Every day is a new day to start over. Tracking really helps even if you eat over your goals, at least you are aware of how many calories you are eating.

Lol, how do you cope with the hunger after exercising? I'm finding that I'm super hungry after doing yard work and I'm even dreaming about food which wakes me up in the night. But I was good and didn't go to the kitchen.

Happy holiday's I hope you enjoy time with your friends and families.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well so far!!! I love how we’ve all got our minds set to do this last month of 22 right!!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats!!! I love when we light the leader boards up green!!

Last night my daughter swung by after work and we went to the gym. It was after midnight so it all logged as todays workout but we’re headed back tonight to get some more work in. I love that she’s finally back to wanting to workout. Helping her is pushing me to go harder too!

At some point very soon her co-worker will be going into labor and my daughter will be switching to the over night shifts, so our workouts will move to a more normal time of day.

We are still having to shuffle vehicles so I’m hoping and praying for a knowledgeable mechanic to come along and help us out soon! There’s so much I want to do and we’re so limited with both of my kids working evenings ☹️☹️☹️
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @megnolia82 Adding in those extra steps is awesome, every little bit counts! How did no snacking go? You need to get some yummy teas to have a night so you're still having a treat! There's real fun seasonal ones out now if you like tea, I just picked up a cranberry vanilla but in the last month or two I got pumpkin spice, gingerbread, Candy Cane Lane green tea, Harvest tea (last two and next are Trader Joe's), Maple Espresso, then Salted Caramel. All the money that would go to munchies or ice cream goes to tea now.

@bethanie0825 I need to reread No Zero Days, I will after I post! LOL at the steps mistake, I didn't see that but wouldn't be surprised, I used to always come in 2nd place to you in the step challenge!

@DrewsAnna Loved the pictures, don't worry about it! Your village is so beautiful, that Santa on the motorcycle is too cool, my friend just got back from a Toys for Tots ride and she sends me all these great pics of huge guys with stuffed unicorns on the back of the bike, it reminds me of that.

@soaness We're glad you're here too Hanna! I like your goals, I think you're giving yourself wonderful ones to start with.

@trooworld Way to go on listening to your true hunger signals! It's hard to stop and leave food, I think most of us were raised to clean our plates and not waste food, it's not easy to do after many years. And aced your water, you're on fire!

@laurelfit57 I love you catching up here while waiting for gym classes to start, that would help with inspiration. Glad you're back doing classes! How's Instructor Vannie doing? Have a wonderful time at your brunch, that sounds fun. I feel like you do about working out and mental health.

@bookgurldia7 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! Do we have another bookworm in our group from your name?

@FushiaKat Good luck with your appointments, it's fun at this age to have an appointment for every body part and system right?! Being sarcastic of course! I'd love to see your tree especially with your kitties in front of it! Wow what an awesome gift from your husband, it sounds beautiful. Good question about hunger after exercise, do you eat any exercise calories back? I usually tough it out until my meal unless I'm crazy hungry or that my bood sugar is low. I had started out not eating exercise calories back when I was going to the gym and eating some back helped with feeling starving and low blood sugar. Also if you eat something that will keep your blood sugar balanced ahead of time like protein (ex yogurt and fruit is what I used to do prior to workouts to keep blood sugar up) it can help. I know the two can be separate but I found when I was starving my blood sugar was usually low.

@shuanarlr83 Hope you and your daughter have a great workout! I love you two doing it together. Hope you find a good mechanic! I know neighbors around here post on Next Door asking or Facebook neighbor groups, that may be a way to go.

Love seeing everyone doing so good this week, woohoo! I was up most the night not feeling well so I decided to take a rest day and just do light stretching and it seems to be helping some thank goodness. I have the concert next week and Friday and Saturday next week the charity I'm with is helping with Let It Snow at the food bank which is where qualified children will come through and select gifts people have donated and I want to feel well enough to help out a bit. Picked up prescriptions, did some work, and read so mellow day but I have a ton of energy pent up from not working out. Have a great Wednesday everyone, getting my hair touched up tomorrow but I'll try to work out first. Good news, while I love Christmas I'm not a big cold weather fan and the seed catologs are showing up in the mailbox, there's an end in sight! It won't happen for awhile but I'm excited to daydream about next year's garden and warm weather.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Came home from work today, ate dinner, then promptly fell asleep on the couch for almost 3 freaking hours! Woke up around 9:30pm. Needless to say, all my dishes are done, did a little batch cooking and I was able to get a LOT of computer work done for my job between midnight and 4am. My boss is going to see the time stamp of what I did and just shake his head. Anyway, now I can't decide if I should completely forego sleeping because I have a 10:30 appt with my therapist, or try to take another 3 hour nap. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, @Katmary71 I am thrilled about your teas you've been buying! I won't tell you that I spent over $200 on teas since Black Friday... but I WILL tell you it includes a LOT of new flavors to try from several different companies. Right now, I'm trying to decide between a pot of Blackberry Bellini or Black Thai Tropical :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.