• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Digger61
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    P. W. 233
    C. W. 231

Hi all - I entered these numbers, but there is a difference from the weight recorded for ending November as 213. If 231 is not correct @digger61 please be sure to re-post so that it can be fixed! Thanks.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 I'm sorry to hear about the affect it started to have on you body. In my opinion it's either the caffeine or the acid content. Have you tried de-caff coffee or low acid blends? Then again if you add stuff like creamer (etc) it could be caused by that. Do you drink hot tea?
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @megnolia82 I'm sorry to hear about the affect it started to have on you body. In my opinion it's either the caffeine or the acid content. Have you tried de-caff coffee or low acid blends? Then again if you add stuff like creamer (etc) it could be caused by that. Do you drink hot tea?
    I think 100% the acid. I had a small ulcer years ago so I think I aggravated that. I still need my caffeine so it’s always the highest caf teas I can find lol ;)

I’ve found I can drink an iced coffee (lots of cream and sugar) in the afternoon after I’ve eaten lunch. But it kind of defeats my attempts to watch calories lol.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 222
    CW: 220

Still undoing the damage I did through October/November.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi, I didn't do my intro yet. I'm Lisa, live in NE FL with my hubs, grown son-- fresh out of college and job searching, and sometimes my daughter who is away at college most of the time. Struggled with weight since the freshman 15. Tried many diets/health strategies. Feel I'm being more honest with myself about my habits than ever in my life, but now that I am a "mature" age, it's harder to get the weight off. I walk alot, do step aerobics and strength training. Been in this group a couple of years and love it!

As for my struggles lately- It seems I just am not motivated to make myself do all the things at the same time. And that's what needs to be done. I'd have to pull out my phone and look, but I'm pretty sure my weight right now is about the same as my post holiday weight last year. And the holiday feasting has not yet begun. Clothes are a bit snug. I really need to get it in gear for the next two weeks or I'm going to be heading into the New Year in a pretty awful spot.

@trooworld - I've been pretty wishy washy on the challenges- Let's do one in Jan. Your snowflakes are lovely!

@Tamevv - I did one day of strength and zero days of step this week

I've enjoyed seeing everyone's holiday decorations. Absolutely beautiful!

Lisa
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna to train Vannie on the treadmill, I really broke it down for her. The first week I just got her to go on the treadmill when it was not moving. She was concerned, but i used very high-value treat to start (for her that is tuna brownie, I know others have used pieces of hotdogs etc). I would decrease the treat value as she became more comfortable.
    The next week, I turned the treadmill on the very lowest speed, I had her standing on it with the tuna brownies right in front of her nose. I only had her on for a few seconds, and then would release her. I kept increasing the time that she would be on there and increasing the speed just one point at a time with that treat right in front of her nose. As she became more comfortable, I would turn up the speed and give her a treat every five seconds, then, 10 seconds, etc.. it was definitely a process and did not happen overnight. Tons and tons and tons of praise just reinforcing what a smart, brilliant dog she was lol :-)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kpcoxb1zud41.png
    9ih73d2ousdv.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ek9ri2wups78.png

By Pounds
    lzvzmqh2rtvx.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sjp6vibmlf78.png

By Pounds
    5djn8p5as52b.png
    7df6pdeemb6b.png

Team Winners
    bfddyg7k8lbj.png
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat @hlnnan @digger61 Woo hoo! Congrats on getting onto the leaderboard!!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You did not disappoint us! I would say a 2 lb gain was probably worth it considering you went out of town. Hahaha about the horror Christmas. I've never seen A Christmas Horror Story but now I need to. Thanks for the suggestions! Good luck with the cards, that's a lot of work!

@digger61 Way to go!

@bethanie0825 I also got denied for Saxenda. You'd think that since I am prediabetic, they would want me to lose weight so I'm less of a risk for more expensive meds but oh well. Yes, just focus on No Zero Days, good decision. Good luck with your busy week!

@Katmary71 Yes! It was nice. First, we went to a French restaurant for appetizers and drinks. I had a great time. It is hitting us, it just started sprinkling but it is supposed to get worse. Yes, I made the snowflakes with the Cricut! Thanks! I've made a bunch of stuff with it, I love it!!! Thank you, just the one wall is blue, it's our accent wall. Yes, I HATE taking all this crap down lol. And we just got a tree, so more stuff to take down. I watched Wednesday, I loved it. I love how you make a long distance relationship work, that's so cool! What recipe did you make together? Have a good day.

@laurelfit57 @megnolia82 Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda Hugs. I'll put it in the books for Jan, that's a good time to start a challenge.

Hi all. I had a great time last night, we went to a French restaurant for appetizers and drinks and then went to look at Christmas lights in the rich part of town lol. This morning, we got a tree and I need to get off here and decorate it. It's also Daisy's 1 year "Gotcha Day" (celebrated on the day we got her) and so we are celebrating that, too, with a pupcake and decorations. I may post a pic later.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @trooworld thanks! Fingers crossed for tomorrow when I do my weigh in :#
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 282
    C. W. 288
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @megnolia82 I'm not sure if you can espresso but it's low acid due to the process. You could make it and cut it with steamed water. If you're willing to try but you do not have a way to make it. Look for a Moka pot.
    Another option is teeccino. My wife likes the French toast.

Folgers makes a low acid coffee, simply smooth. I'm not a huge fan of Folgers because their regular coffee is so massed produced that it's stale by the time it reaches the shelf.

Hope it helps.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 November seemed to fly by, can't believe we're well into December now!

@megnolia82 Wow that's awful about your reaction to coffee! Could it be you're allergic to chemicals on it? I wonder if you'd have that reaction with organic stuff, I know there's a lot that can be on it. Stevia's grown on me especially fresh, I grow it in my garden and use it in tea. I'm drinking a David's tea right now a friend sent me, it's Matcha Ice Cream and it's pretty good but does have stevia leaves in it. Haha the scoby is pretty gross, my SIL was excited to make kombucha so I divided my scoby and took it over and we added it to tea. Between the slimy scoby then snot-like runs in it of fermented yeast she threw it away and wouldn't even try it. Definitely try it from the store first, GT synergy and Kevita have a lot of great flavors. I saw the comment about acid, that could definitely be it. I wonder if you'd do better with cold brew too since it can help with acid? I used to make my own cold brew too, comes out great but you fly through coffee!

@Cornanda I was just thinking of people that have come and gone in this group, glad there's still a handful of us that have been around for awhile! Hopefully some will come back in January as well. Can you think of anything that would motivate you? The challenge for all of us may help with that.

@laurelfit57 I love Vannie running on the treadmill, I'll have to suggest that to my brother with their dog, she has a crazy amount of energy.

@FushiaKat @hlnnan @digger61 Way to go team! @FushiaKat aren't you almost at goal too, check you out hitting the leaderboard when you're almost done, you're awesome!

@trooworld I'm not very creative but the Cricut is awesome, I want one! January is depressing without the decorations plus spring is a few months out and Christmas is behind us, I struggle with depression then so I'm saving planning my garden for January. Thank you! Bill and I made Skinnytaste's chicken taco chili, you all have heard me talk about it a lot but he just got an Instant Pot and has been having trouble with it so the last two recipes were Instant Pot ones that I was familiar with enough that we could do it at the same time and I could help him. He makes his own hot sauces and his cherry habanero is so good in the chili! Sounds like a wonderful time last night, how fun! Happy year to Daisy and great decision to bring her home!

Hi team! Definitely over calories, had a big late lunch then went to make cookies with my nephews and had a few plus my SIL sent me home with a bunch that I put in the freezer hoping to moderate. They did their village last night but I'll include it as it's similar to some that have been posted. Did my workout, the belly dance challenge has been more of a sales pitch than an actual challenge which is a bummer but it happens with the free online things. I'm off to finish the last 30% of my book, think I said yesterday it's 31st in a series I'm reading and want to see what happens next. Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    This is the village at my brother's I usually do with my nephews, it used to be my aunt's and my brother said how cool it was and he was gifted a few boxes with it soon after. My oldest nephew and I did it together once when I babysat him and it's become our yearly thing but I was worn out the other night and went home instead and they wanted to get it done.

mkq28blvbmcc.jpg
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Monday

PW 46.2kg
    CW 46.1kg

Considering we,celebrated one family birthday in the week I am OK will that weight. Will be putting in all the effort to loose next week!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - oh my gosh, I had to Google tuna brownie because it sounds SO gross!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I didn’t get step in this week either 🫤. Today started off okay but went a bit awol this afternoon. Not sure what’s going on, I think I’m just simply tired and worn out. I cant drop the ball with family or work stuff, so it’s my personal journey that suffers - I just don’t have the head space or energy to fight. There is stuff going on with the family……. but when isn’t there? Just have to keep plugging away I guess. Wanna report on just one positive tomorrow? A single win? Let’s go the No Zero route instead of trying to keep on top of everything.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I highly recommend the Cricut! I agree about January but sometimes I leave the decorations up until Feb lol. When I was in grad school, I was so busy, I left the decorations up until spring break one year! LOL I made chili last night, too. Perfect for this weather. That's good you could help Bill with his new instant pot. How cool to make your own hot sauces! I had a great time. :D I'm glad you did the village with your nephews! And thanks for the pic, what a nice tradition to have. It's so cute!!! That's a bummer about the belly dance challenge. Enjoy the rest of your book!

@hlnnan Congrats on the loss, that's great considering there was a birthday!

Hi all. We had a great time celebrating Daisy's gotcha day, here's a pic before she got her pupcake. I made chili and cornbread for dinner which was so good. Back to work today.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

ueobpeeb3o6b.jpg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 193.2
    CW: 189.0

Woot Woot! Got that travel weight off!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – With my weigh-in yesterday, I’ll agree with you that it was bloating. I was very happy when I saw what the scale said. Yes, it was Violent Night. And Santa was the good guy…he thwarted a group of criminals trying to rob a rich family on Christmas Eve. It was very bloody…and very funny! One couple in their 60s actually left the theater after about half an hour. My mom laughed at them! Definitely adding it to my physical media collection when it’s released on Blu-ray. Which Black Mirror episode did you watch? I’ve seen them all and I can definitely say that Playtest (season 3) was my favorite. I felt so bad for Cooper.
    @megnolia82 – I absolutely LOVED Violent Night! Regarding tea companies, I have tried so many brands and I would recommend giving Ohio Tea Co a try. I’ve been enjoying a lot of their black tea blends – sipping on Hazelnut Vanilla right now.
    @Katmary71 & @trooworld – You could always do what I did at my mother’s house…I am a Grinch when it comes to decorating (you will find no decorations in my house), but my mom wanted a Christmas tree. I took mine and put it up at her place about 3 years ago. And it’s been up ever since! She loves looking at the kids’ photo ornaments year round :) Tea hee hee
    @trooworld – congrats on Daisy’s Gotcha Day. She’s so dang cute!
    Over the weekend I was able to accomplish making a total of 42 Christmas cards for my mom and 30 for me. I need to make about 20 more for myself. Stopping at the post office sometime this week to pick up postage stamps. My mom has been struggling with writing (she’s 79 and has mild dementia), so I write her cards out for her and she signs them. Hoping to get all of them sent out by the end of the week. This will be “Last Call” for any of you that would like to be added to my card list if you haven’t done so yet!
    Today is going to be one of those days where I can’t concentrate on much. Hunter is supposed to find out today if she is having a boy or girl. I want to know NOW! UGH! Fingers crossed for a boy since we already know Marcus is having a girl :) I’d love to have one of each!
    Everyone seems to like the No Zero Days concept and I like @Tamevv ‘s suggestion – maybe we all report on one win tomorrow? Or make it a mini challenge and report one win per day for the rest of the month?
    In the meantime, gonna sip my tea and do menial tasks here at work. Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!
    No Zero Days!
This discussion has been closed.