Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
vutfkyi9y9br.png
Here is your Team chat room for December 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The December challenge runs from December 3 - 31. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Good morning yall. I've caught some sort of flu bug. I attempted to go into work yesterday only to have to leave early. Body chills, tired, coughing and a slight sire throat and earache. I'm still at it despite being sick. I'm doing what I can as often as I can. And this to shall pass...hopefully to someone more deserving than I 😄
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    The December Week 1 Challenge is ready to roll first thing Sunday. Let's start December with a strong week.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878958/december-week-1-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    9vwl5pkt2zf2.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
    hkg6v507uyht.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    Options
    dyfnf8q60ddc.png
    Register with us for the December Step Challenge!! Just post in this chat thread your first name (for the chart), your daily step goal and where you like to walk this time of year and that's it! It's a great way to keep your activity up and challenge yourself on a daily basis! Hope you'll consider it...bonus points if you walk with jingle bells on in December!!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Steppers, please take a look at the last two weeks of November on the chart and make a posting listing your daily steps for each day currently unfilled in the chart. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Just posting my intro on this cold Sunday morning. It actually started snowing when I was out with Tinus! Very tiny tiny flakes though, so it's not going to show. I really hope we get a good amount of it this winter, but not counting on it.
    Anyway, my name is Laura and I live with my cat Tinus in a small village in the Netherlands. I like photography, singing, reading fantasy books, jigsaw puzzles, feeding the garden birds, gaming and I recently picked up postcrossing again (sending and receiving postcards from all over the world).
    I fell of the weight loss wagon for quite a while this years, but I am back on track and excited to see if I can reach my first goal (195 lb) in March. My aim for Dec 3rd was to reach 223.3 lb. This morning I was 224.6 so I came pretty close! I want to keep aiming for a 2.2 lb loss a week so my goal for this month is to make it down to 215.8 on Dec 31.
    I am very happy to not be celebrating any holidays, so December will not throw a wrench in my plans. I wish everyone good luck navigating all the social stuff while trying to make healthy choices. That sounds pretty hard to me!
    Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Hi, I tried to add my steps from yesterday but did not let me do it myself.
    12/3 11,419
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/29 9,427
    11/30 4,569
    12/1 10,984
    12/2 7,595
    12/3 7,944

Please add me to December challenge - I usually ride my recumbent bike and not walk since weather has turned colder and icy
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

om17uqr52fw8.png
    qhdb65bvqsce.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    4pm0jzps1ept.png

By Pounds
    8rtgik9rob8q.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8csj91i57uoc.png

By Pounds
    lx0h17281y8e.png
    twultk81up1k.png

Team Winners
    fte1321mygym.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

22nrbbofwjef.png
    u8v54at1f1wi.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ntnfl5mmot3j.png

By Pounds
    31t69xsaqgjg.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    l8o7tqrsjmtf.png

By Pounds
    fhjyblc3leqp.png
    ynwdgxci96nk.png
    5en9k7j9duy2.png

Team Winners
    j0oyecd3s2lv.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Hi, I tried to add my steps from yesterday but did not let me do it myself.
    12/3 11,419

Didn’t mean to confuse you @Nataliewr0403 but I just wanted you to check the chart and then post your days in the chat based on what wasn’t filled in. You did exactly what was needed and I thank you!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Steps:
    11/29 9,427
    11/30 4,569
    12/1 10,984
    12/2 7,595
    12/3 7,944

Please add me to December challenge - I usually ride my recumbent bike and not walk since weather has turned colder and icy

@LaurieWrobo Same daily goal?
    Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yukie_OP weigh-in *sorry for the delay @jessicakrall8
    Going to request a break from the team for Dec. I have a lot to do still study-wise plus a busy workload.

To close out Nov weigh-in and steps, my stats are below:
    PW:138
    CW:136

11/22 3304
    11/23 1561
    11/24 4605
    11/25 1634
    11/26 2709
    11/27 7738
    11/28 4324
    11/29 2876
    11/30 4586
    12/1 2874
    12/2 6002
    12/3 8960
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/29 9,427
    11/30 4,569
    12/1 10,984
    12/2 7,595
    12/3 7,944

@LaurieWrobo Same daily goal?
    Jessica

Oh yes, 6k b/c of weather/holiday stuff going on
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Yukie_OP weigh-in *sorry for the delay @jessicakrall8
    Going to request a break from the team for Dec. I have a lot to do still study-wise plus a busy workload.

I've updated all the information. Will ask the MODS to move you to the support team for December. Please let me know when you're ready to return and I'll get you moved back to active status. Happy Holidays!

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    My steps for 12/3 6,329
    Better get a move on to hit my target & catch up to @Pupowl @jessicakrall8 😄
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    Steppers, please take a look at the last two weeks of November on the chart and make a posting listing your daily steps for each day currently unfilled in the chart. Thanks!
    Jessica

I was looking at the chart and it wasn't adding up. I noticed two things:
    1. the equation for the grand total is SUM(K54,S54,AA54,AQ54). This is omitting the column AI for week 4. It looks like your equation (for @JessicaKrall8) is correct though, so you should be able to just copy that to everybody else's row/cell.
    2. there's one day where my total is incorrect: on Monday 11/21, my steps were 13,391, not 1,391.
    So, my step total for Oct 29 through Dec 3rd is 412,555, not 400,555.

I'd like to do the step challenge for December, with a daily step goal of 10,000 steps.

Thank you for all you do. 😆
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    weigh in for alleykat69

Sunday
    PW 193.3
    CW190.9
    SW 255.0
    TWL 64.1

Lost 2.4 lbs this week! :smiley:
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Realised I've missed one day of my steps for November 12/2 9,483
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Well done @alleykat69 Woo hoo,great loss !!
    I've got quite a challenging week as I've got a couple of Christmas meals & outings.Today I'm out for lunch with my Dance Fit class.It should be fun,if I can't resist the pudding & wine I will just have to reduce my calories other days or exercise more.Thats my plan,whether it will work we will see 😏
    Hope everyone has a great week !
This discussion has been closed.