Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,340 Member
    @jessicakrall8

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've been absorbed in my own pet issues (Buddy has lost control of his rear legs- I'm in Ft. Collins to have tests done by a vet neurologist) so I haven't been on the group for quite some time.

Again, I'm so sorry- she was a beautiful cat and there are just no words. Virtual Hugs

@SavageMrsMoose Hope you get some answers for your Buddy soon...you're right...there are just no words...thanks for your kindness.
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited December 2022
    Introductions: My name is Patrice and I’ve been a member of the F2F challenge group since June 2021. I’m 56 years old and live in northern Virginia (just south of Washington, DC) in the USA, with my husband and 12 year old Boston Terrier dog. We have two sons who live near their university campuses most of the year, but they stay with us during some of their college breaks. One son (22) attends Boston College and the other (21) is at Clemson University in South Carolina. My husband and I grew up in Boston, Massachusetts and often spend time there caring for aging relatives and visiting family and friends. I still miss living near the ocean!

I started using the MFP app in December 2019 but didn’t really build the habit of tracking until March 2020, when life slowed down due to COVID. I decided to focus on improving my health to increase my chance of surviving the virus before the vaccine was released. I had an overweight Body Mass Index (BMI) when comparing my weight (168 pounds at that time) and my height (just under 5’4”). I slowly lost about 30 pounds and then joined the F2F challenge with a team called “Shrinking Assets” in June 2021 at 135 pounds. Our team merged with the group led by @jessicakrall8 and we became the Shape Shifters.

I met my goal weight of 125 in September 2021. However, maintaining that “normal” BMI range has been a bit of a challenge, and I recently exceeded my target of 120-130 pounds. So, I’m trying to find a sustainable way to stay as close to my ideal weight of 125 as possible. Winter is the toughest time for me because I’m more active in the warmer seasons when my rowing team meets on the Potomac River (and sometimes the Anacostia or Occoquan rivers). I’m hoping to build a better exercise routine this winter but I’ve been injured for about a month.

My plan is to start a winter conditioning program tomorrow. The workouts make a big difference for me because the calories burned allow me to add a snack. My daily calorie range is quite low because I’m not very tall so I want to include more nutritious foods - like fruits and vegetables - and exercise regularly. My goal is to eat at least 20 percent protein, which has been difficult for me. I also want to eat healthy carbs (50 percent) and fats (30 percent) like plenty of vegetables with smaller portions of nuts and avocado for extra flavor and texture. Best wishes, everyone!

I’m looking forward to getting to know new members and encouraging Shape Shifter progress. We may have different goals and circumstances but we’re in this together!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,684 Member
    Hi SS .......1 more newcomer is joining your wonderful team .....Please welcome @Bumbinella :)
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    12/3- 7,242
    12/4-13,163
    12/5- 11,155

I think the Dec 3 needs to be on November. Sorry about that.

Jessica, I am so sorry about your fur baby, Hazel Joy.
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    @jessicakrall8 so sorry about Hazel Joy 😥
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,872 Member
    Steps
    4 Dec: 14.846
    5 Dec: 17.819
    6 Dec: 14.571
    Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Hi Shape Shifters, thank you for having me!

@jessicakrall8 So, so sorry for your loss. I know how devastating it is to lose a fur baby.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,392 Member
    Current Maintenance Weigh In

I was sick yesterday from something I ate the previous night so not much water in as my stomach was sore from being way sick during the night both ways
    Feeling better today and will definitely be getting my water- tea in
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,392 Member
    Steps
    12/4 7,268
    12/5 4,097
    12/6 7,855
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi SS .......1 more newcomer is joining your wonderful team .....Please welcome @Bumbinella :)

f056ctklr2v8.jpg

@Bumbinella Welcome to our team and I'm really glad you found us. I also wanted to thank you for your kind words about my Hazel Joy. It's been a rough week, but I'm glad she passed peacefully and isn't suffering anymore.

So, I feel like there's a story behind your chosen name...would love to hear that...she sounds like a superhero of some kind! :blush:

Take a minute and go back to page one of this chat thread and read our FAQ file. I think it will answer many of your questions. If there's something else you need to know, just post a message and one of us will try to get information for you!

When you get time, please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your goals for December and beyond! I'm Jessica, your Captain...been here for five years and this team is amazing...I hope you'll find it to be supportive and inspiring as I have! On behalf of our whole team and our two fantastic Motivators, @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28 again, WELCOME!!

Good luck in December!!
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,772 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 12/4: 10,146
    Mon 12/5: 8,386
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 12/4: 10,146
    Mon 12/5: 8,386

@frankwbrown I fixed the November step chart in the cells that had the formula problems. Thanks for letting me know.
    Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,854 Member
    12/5-13,670
    12/6-10,476
  • angmarie28
    Forgot to weigh in this morning, ugh, I will get it done tomorrow
  • jessicakrall8
    @nancyinmo Awesome achievement!!! WTG gal! WOOHOOOOOooooo!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,416 Member
    That’s fantastic news, @nancyinmo! Congratulations on your progress. Great work!
  • angmarie28
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-168.8
    Current weight-166
This discussion has been closed.