Weight has kicked my bum this year

Options
pnrbor
pnrbor Posts: 56 Member
edited December 2022 in Social Groups
At the end of last year I weighed 62.8kg and was on track. I said I would only cheat at Christmas but it all went downhill from there and a lot of stuff happened in my life. I am 5.6 height so I should be under 60kg.

Last friday I got on the scale and I weighed 64.6kg which is already to much. Today it was 66.4kg. WTAF. I know I haven't been really good but I haven't been that bad.

Anyway dreading going on holiday and being in a costume. It would be so nice to have a bikini body.

Living in a country where we don't have power half the time doesn't help either.

Sorry for the rant.

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    @pnrbor - we’ve all been there! Same here. I kinda splurged during Christmas 2021 and still trying to get back down to that weight. Life just happens. I started a few weeks ago to set things right - I didn’t want the end of the year to come with NO progress. You still have time!! Never too late to start! 💪💪
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Definitely been there, done that. 3 years ago this time I was doing great, looking and feeling good. Got caught up with life "stuff" and let my shiny new habits start to slide. Just occasionally at first, then more and more until they were gone. Life kinda kept me from really holding them down as schedules and jobs and all kinds of other things ended up all over the place.

The past year been working on reducing stress and really heavily focused on career/professional rebounding, lowering my blood pressure, and staying focused on the goals even when life gets me down. In just over a week it will have been a year since I started my daily critical task list, and I have a feeling when I do my then->now comparison, it will be a bit shocking. I can only imagine what the next couple years will bring as these actions start to compound.

January 2nd I'm starting a round of 75 Hard (well, technically "my" 75 Hard as I've done it before and am making two very slight changes for my own health), and planning to go right into the "Live Hard" program since jobs and such will allow me to maintain the program - it'll be difficult for sure, but I know I can pull it off, and have a feeling it is the right next step for me after this past year and what I've learned in that time.

Anyways, my only advice is start small. Don't try to "eat the elephant" in one sitting. Choose one thing to focus on and one small change that you will stick to (such as, replace that first soda with a glass of water). Build on that momentum.
  • camille_163
    camille_163 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Very relatable! I try not to weigh myself often since so many factors changes the scale: hormones (period), water weight/bloating and even what I ate just overnight.

Just a gentle reminder, one I need to remind myself as well, be kind to yourself! We’re our own worst critic. Weight, like life, has its ups and downs and it can get lower depending on how we perceive our situation. Let’s rant away then get back to working on a better us!

Thanks for sharing, you’re not alone in this dilemma (that’s why most of us are here 😅). Finally, congrats to you for reflecting on your situation and taking the step to change it! All the best and cheering you on !
  • AwesomeOLDstrong
    Options
    First comment: when you say that your weight is too much for your height then you need to measure body fat percentage compared to muscle mass percentage. Muscle mass make your body tight and toned and beautiful!
    I am probably 3x older than you here at age 60. I weight 140 pounds. I have been exercising seriously for 25 years. I wear size 4 jeans. Anyhow---please tell yourself that you are young and beautiful and healthy!