Started Ozempic on Dec 10th

Options
buniphuphu
buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
Hello everyone. I started ozempic on December 10th. My NP started me on .25 mg for 4 weeks. Then I am supposed to increase to .5 mg for 4 weeks.

I am dropping weight like crazy! I have lost 8.5 pounds since 1 pm on Saturday, which is when I injected myself, even though I am eating. Has anyone else lost so quickly in the beginning? I'm a little concerned that it is going so fast. I have a considerable amount of weight to lose, having a starting weight of 359.9, so you wouldn't think I would be that worried about losing 8.5 pounds, but I don't want to do this the wrong way and have it all come back.

Right now, I am working on trying to control the periods of hypoglycemia that I have been experiencing (not a diabetic) by eating more frequently than normal since ozempic is making me feel full faster. I've also noticed that I'm experiencing bouts of hypoglycemia overnight, so I'm going to start keeping an easy snack on the nightstand for when I wake up in cold sweats with nausea and dizziness.

I've also been having gastrointestinal problems, so I'm taking probiotics to help things get back to normal as soon as possible.

Replies

• rhopar33
    rhopar33 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started Ozempic the last week of Oct and have lost 20 lbs. For me the initial weight loss was significant, but it did slow down some. The good news is I continue to lose so I'm happy the scales are moving in the right direction.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in less than two months is really great! Congratulations!
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello. I also started Ozempic for weight loss this week. Looking for friends to share experiences and support.