Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    I got to the store and back before the snow. When I got home I realized that I needed a couple more things, so I ran back out again; this time it was snowing. The snow was falling but not sticking on the roads, so travel was fine. After that adventure, I was home for the rest of the day.

I got a lot done staying home all day. Did all the house cleaning, cooked meals to freeze for lunches next week (pork loin & sweet potato), made a crock pot full of bean soup, wrote a letter I'd been meaning to write since December, filed a bunch of paperwork, listened to a podcast, pedaled my stationary bike, and crocheted some more on the afghan that I'm working on. The snow has stopped, so I guess I will be doing some shoveling when the sun rises. It's going to be a cloudy day today, but there should be some sun on Sunday.

Today I was considering going to the office and working on the payroll tax returns. I still may decide to do that, but I'm not feeling very enthusiastic about it. I think I might wait and see if I can get it done in my regular office hours next week. There's still plenty of time, and there's always next Saturday if I feel like it can only be done when no one is there to interrupt me.

-Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! I'm glad you are starting to feel better. What a great way to find out you like power walking! LOL Way to go!

@ftofit Way to go on the loss! I'm glad you already have incorporated no zero days into your life.

@FushiaKat Wow, awesome weigh-in! Congrats on increasing your steps and eating something healthy as a snack, too!

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@AmbersWay Way to go on the no zero days wins! That step count is impressive. How nice to be surprised by your friends that you hadn't seen, that must have been a great feeling!

@Katmary71 Thanks! No, I already weighed in for the week and they didn't affect my weigh-in (thankfully). Good luck with the nail trimmings, I hope it goes okay. Enjoy the movie and time with Bill! You sound like you had a very productive Friday. A new recipe a week sounds fun.

@DrewsAnna I hate when I'm on a roll and I get sick and it wrecks everything! I hope you feel better soon.

@micaroo4 Congrats on the loss! Wow, what a productive day!

@askewcr Congrats on the loss, way to go!

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday: I DID A WEIGHT-LIFTING SESSION! I did it on my 30-min lunch so it wasn't that long but it's a start. I'm hoping to do another session today but we'll see, I've got a lot to do today (organizing my mountain of craft supplies, cooking, errands etc).

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I did a strength-training workout, I drank 85 oz of water, and all 3 meals were healthy.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

h6nefa01af65.png
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 220
    Todays Weight: 222
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,227 Member
    Options
    The January Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin Sunday, Jan 8th. Hope you will join us for the Live and Learn Challenge, designed to get you active and share some knowledge with others...Live and Learn! Look forward to seeing your posts each day. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10881472/january-week-2-group-challenge-live-and-learn#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In
    Day - Friday
    bethanie0825
    PW - 242
    CW - 243.4

Steps
    3rd - 13546
    4 - 2642
    5 - 6377
    6 - 4333

@AmbersWay laundry and clutter are a constant issue for me too and add to my anxiety. It's a chore to clean but I always feel like a weight has been lifted once I get it done.

@lrjogger1 Prescott is the goodest boy

@trooworld all the weights!!

I'm up a bit up this week but that's no surprise, my TOM is coming anytime. My hours at 911 are switching to 12p-12a which is way more normal than overnights. I'm hoping a more normal sleep schedule will help things out.

My 'No Zero Days' have included taking down Christmas decorations, putting laundry away (I will let it sit in the basket folded for way too long), drinking water on purpose, and not eating out with my co-worker this evening. I made my food for this weekend shift and I'm sticking with eating it.

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 It really depends. My sleep kinda eats into my days off. I'll come off shift at 6am and I have to sleep at least 6 hours so I can be human. I might be awake by 2pm. My husband works mainly a day schedule so he's ready to go to bed at like 10pm. I'm usually exhausted so I go with him. I wouldn't be able to get anything done in the house bc he's asleep. Stores don't stay open all night anymore so can't run errands.

I also don't live in an urban area so it'd probably be different if I did. When my husband worked nights, we'd both stay up and clean house, do laundry, etc.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Username: AmbersWay

SW: 220.2
    PW: 214.8
    CW: 212.6
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Jan 7th 7 reps of squats, push-ups, crunches. I need to do this in the mornings so I don’t keep trying to put it in at midnight. But I did it which is the important thing.

Eating not super today as it was my daughter’s birthday so we did some special treats, cheese and crackers, chocolate covered almonds etc. But it was a pretty nice day for her.

Weigh in tomorrow! I’ve been under my goal for the past 4 days but we will see if I wrecked that today.

Sleep tight!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all those who had a weight loss this week, those who maintained and those holding strong

@DrewsAnna, I hope you’re feeling better.

@Katmary71 I love the food bank seed farm work. What a great project. I hope to get back into volunteering my time again.

@trooworld weight lifting and all that water!! Wohoo it’s working.

@GabiV125 I hope you feel better.

@gemwolf110 thats a great loss this week. 🎉

@micaroo4 you and katmary’s posts have me inspired to get things done.

@bethanie0825 That 911 schedule can be hard, plus if it’s anything like when I worked in the department, fast food was always around. Your meal prepping will help tremendously. I applaud you for the job you do.

My no zero day Saturday, I got up and moved, back to my regular meal plans, glad I didn’t wreck things with a day off.

I want to get more organized with my meal planning. I need a grocery list just for myself and a printed schedule for the week, with things to grab. I had a bad habit with just grabbing a carb loaded snack before a meal to “get me by” and that’s not happening now.

After cutting the “unhealthy” carbs for over two weeks, I haven’t had a drop in blood sugar. So now that I feel so much better, its helping me to avoid the bread.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Yesterday’s gem

Homemade egg drop soup is around a 100 calories per cup. A bit of extra protein, light on the tummy and healthy.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@bethanie0825 Thank you! I hope it's not too hard to adjust to your new hours. Great wins!

@AmbersWay Congrats on the loss, WTG!

@AmbersWay Thank you! Good job moving and sticking with your regular meal plans! That's a great NSV, avoiding unhealthy carbs for 2 weeks and feeling better. Yum, I like egg drop soup!

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss, Darren! How's the new grandbaby?

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss, woo hoo! Good luck with Vannie today at the match!

Hi all. I didn't eat well yesterday, it was kind of a sh** show but I did do intentional movement, so that was good. It felt really good to stretch as I was sore from weight training the day before. It was just what I needed.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I did a stretching recovery workout, I drank 50 oz of water, and went for a walk with my husband.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sunday Jan 8 weigh in Megnolia82

PW: 222.4
    CW: 219.8

This was my goal for this week, so I’m very happy! Earlier this week I was actually almost 2 pounds lower but Saturday happened. I think I’d rather hit goal after a lower dip than dip down to hit goal and have to fight to get back to it all week, I’d they makes sense!

Goal for next week: 218.8 slow and steady.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    Doing my best to get in my workouts. Strength-training workout this morning while my boyfriend was in the shower, and just finished a brisk walk while he lounges on the couch, surfing movies. He's having a Day of the Slug. I feel very restless and want to be outdoors in the sunshine, even though it's cold.

-Mica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

urglprmqbcah.png
    a5bd6e3wl7af.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    fh5x6wfq9qxe.png

By Pounds
    v8dfykf057ez.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    hdxa6nbmbri7.png

By Pounds
    fiz0gfr2egrk.png
    uh78gsn06umk.png

Team Winners
    zbg0t5d6du36.png
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi slimpossible friends!

Congrats to the team for making the leaderboard!!🎉

@micaroo4 - it can be hard to workout when others around you are not. Good for you!!

@trooworld - proud of you for continuing to work out and stretch even though the eating wasn’t what you hoped for. Little wins add up!!

@megnolia82 - congrats on the loss. Also exciting to see your exercises increase every day!!!

@laurelfit57 - the agility match at the gym sounds amazing. Have fun!!

@AmbersWay - yes!! Meal planning and having healthy snacks available are “GOLD” in conquering our food slip ups.

My no-zero days wins:

Jan 5:
    -journaled
    -ate my vegetables
    -30 min @ home strength workout (body weight and some kettlebell + 20 minute walk
    -drank 6 glasses of water
    -tracked my food and stayed under my calories

Jan 6:
    -ate 5 servings of vegetables
    -drank 7 glasses water
    -journaled
    -tracked my food and stayed under calories

Jan 7:
    -ate my vegetables
    -drank 7 glasses water
    -journaled
    -tracked my food and stayed under calories
    -18,880 steps during my 12 hour shift in the ER

For those who shared recipes for vegetables and cooking them in the air fryer, thank you!! Over the last three days I’ve used my air fryer more than in the last year combined. So good!! I’ve made garlicky Parmesan broccoli and Parmesan zucchini and both were so good!!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,736 Member
    Options
    Way to go team on 2nd percentage place and 3rd place by pounds! @gemwolf110 @happysquidmuffin @lrjogger1 Awesome job leading the pack my friends!

I'm just going to do a quick check-in, Bill left a few hours ago so I got my workout in after he left then headed to my brother's. I was tired of having to set the clocks every morning because the power's out every night with all the storms we're having then today it went from annoying stuff to more serious stuff with deck and fence damage (fence is partially down in the back). Had a good weekend with Bill, yesterday we took the cats for their nail trimmings which went better with both then went and saw the new Whitney Houston movie and out for dinner to a Mexican food restaurant. He left this afternoon. Ate pretty bad yesterday (he said we ate good and I pointed out margaritas and popcorn!) and not so hot today but will get back to it tomorrow. Have a great Monday everyone!

No Zeros- still worked out yesterday and today though food wasn't too hot.
This discussion has been closed.