Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 @laurelfit57 @19shmoo69 Congrats on your loss this week. 🎉

@gemwolf110 Congrats on making the leaderboard

@lrjogger1 I need to go check those recipes! I really want to use my airfryer more. Thanks for sharing!

No Zero Day

-On plan
    -continued my organizing
    -got my minimum water in

We’re moving my library from one part of the house to another. Thankfully, my husband has been dragging them up all the stairs. In the process he’s admired my book reading. He didn’t know I read so much. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Have a great week everyone 💐

*sorry if I miss responding to anyone.

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @trooworld my little grandson is doing great. He's getting so big. He can be quite chatty. We already talk about food. Lol
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 - Nice loss!! 🎉

@Becoming_A_Butterfly - so glad you’re here and making your health a priority.

My no-zero wins from yesterday.

Jan. 8:
    -tried a new vegetable recipe (roasted butternut squash), so yummy (I never thought I’d like vegetables so much)!!
    -2.2 mile walk with Prescott
    -tracked food and stayed within calories
    -drank 6 glasses of water

Later today I’m going to make green beans in the air fryer with a spritz of olive oil and some Aisan House seasoning that we have. Eating more vegetables has allowed me to feel full without lots of calories. One of my goals this year is to make eating vegetables a daily habit so when I eventually get to my goal weight I have a lot of new healthy food options instead of going back to my old habits of eating sweets, high calorie carbs, and overeating.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I’m just going to check in real quick before anyone comes to join me in line:). The match went well yesterday, it was a super long day though. We were there from 830 and didn’t get home until 430, needless to say, Vannie and I were both exhausted. We had a lot of fun though made a lot of mistakes, but trucked on through lol. I did well with my eating, I packed a lunch and snacks, because I wasn’t sure about eating there. Today and tomorrow are going to be super busy days again, as always, I will continue to read everybody’s updates while I am waiting in line at the gym :-).
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Come on now @trooworld in my family once they start weaning they start brewing. Lol
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Oh you have a library, how awesome! That would be my happy place if I had one!

@19shmoo69 Haha I love you talking to your grandson about food!

@trooworld Tracking everything you ate is great especially when you feel you didn't do the best, way to go!

@shaunarlr83 Way to go! That cream cheese frosting sounds pretty awesome, never give me that recipe! I can see you kayaking, hope you're able to get one soon.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly I'm so sorry about your Mom. I hope being part of this group will help you, I'm happy you're on our team!

@lrjogger Glad you liked the roasted butternut squash, it's one of my favorites! Green beans are one of my favorite things in the air fryer for a snack, I hope you love them. I love your oldest niece wanting to walk with you, you already are a great example for her but I bet it will be wonderful for both of you.

@laurelfit57 Glad the match went well, you prepared for success bringing your own food, wtg!

@tammymccrady6278 Welcome back!

Hi team, hope everyone is doing well today! Tomorrow morning is Jasper's trip to the vet, hopefully he'll have a clean bill of health. I took him and Asher for nail trims at the rescue group on Saturday and they did better going together than them being apart but Asher is real hard to catch (he's the one that was obviously feral before he's so skittish) and he doesn't have an appointment so I'll probably just focus on getting Jasper. Today was real mellow, been very worn out so can't say I accomplished much but I did a shortened cardio session then did all my strength training and stretching but it was HARD. I used to tell myself if I didn't “feel it” after 10 minutes I could quit and always would go through but if I'd had that rule today I would've quit!

No Zero Day
    did workout despite being exhausted
    ate under calories and logged everything

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@Katmary71 - I’m sorry it was a task working out today! I am always so impressed and inspired by all of your workouts!

I had a great busy busy day!
    -Woke up at 6:30am
    -Made breakfast for my little brother
    -Caught up on logging
    -Ate breakfast
    -Cleaned kitchen and bathroom
    -Helped mom load some junk
    -Organized sons room/did laundry
    -Picked up my nephew from school
    -Made crack chicken for late lunch
    -Played basketball for an hour
    -Started Couch to 5k with my nieces and nephew-logged 1.68 miles only 6 or 7 minutes was jogging and only for 1 min. at a time.
    -Cooked hamburger steaks for dinner
    -washed dishes
    -put away laundry
    -hot bubble bath and bed 😵‍💫

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Jan 8 and 9 I got in my 8 and 9 reps of squats, push-ups and crunches. In between being on death’s doorstep. Ugh. Had a rebound of my virus and now it’s GI as well. I have to get lab work done tomorrow. Fingers crossed this is almost the end because I need to get back to work.

I guess the silver lining is that I’m on a strict diet. No dairy, no sugar, no vegetables, no fruit, basically Gatorade and saltines. Yum. Although hopefully it won’t last long enough to help me lose weight. I’d rather do that on my own.

Hope you had a good Monday. Talk to you tomorrow!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly welcome back. I’m so sorry for your loss. Glad you’re ready to be here. Go at your own pace.

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm back and I seem to be feeling better. I'm pretty sure yesterday (Sunday) was the worst of it. Today, I finally started putting the Christmas tree decorations down, I didn't quite finish but, I got off to a good start. Tomorrow, I'll finish the tree and start the living room shelves and village. That'll definitely take a couple of days. Hopefully, I will do a workout or take my best buddy out for a walk because, I think it's supposed to be dry. At any rate, I'M BACK!!! 😃💃🏼💃🏼
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    My morning strength training workout was challenging yesterday, and I followed it up with some cardio on the elliptical and on the stationary bike. By mid-afternoon I was feeling it in my lower back. I don't mind sore muscles, but not those muscles. The back is still achy this morning, so I decided to skip this morning's workout. So now I wonder...is it a reason, or an excuse? I definitely don't want to make it any worse. Tomorrow morning, unless it's worse, I won't use that same reason/excuse.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly So sorry for your loss. Now that you're ready to make self-care a priority, this group is definitely the place to be for support.

-Mica
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ** Weigh In **

User name: lrjogger1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous weight: 172.2
    Current weight: 167.4
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Way to go!!! Congrats! I'm glad you know that about yourself. Does fruit curb your cravings? I admire you for pivoting to kayaking. I have a friend that loves it. I would probably fall out lol. I hope your sinus infection is better. What a great day Saturday sounds like! Oh gosh about the microwave. That's great that your niece wants to start working on weight loss. Good luck to her! Great day yesterday.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly Welcome back! I'm so sorry about your mom. I'm glad you decided to come back. @Broncobuddee, please add her back to our roster for a Saturday weigh-in.

@lrjogger1 Congrats on that loss! I love roasted butternut squash, so delicious! Way to try something new! Other wins are great, too. I can't wait to hear how you like the green beans.

@laurelfit57 Wow, that's a long day for an event! I'm glad you had fun.

@Jen_967 Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 LOL!

@tammymccrady6278 Welcome back!!!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Way to push through and do that workout!

@DrewsAnna I'm glad you are feeling better. I love our village but hate taking it down lol. Good luck!

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday. I really pushed myself physically: after I got home from work, I did a rare evening workout! I lifted weights for 46 mins which was a little too long for me. I was really regretting the length of the workout about halfway through lol. BUT...I pushed through! I woke up with a migraine and took some medicine, hopefully it goes away soon.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Lifted weights for 46 mins, drank 80 oz of water, tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My name is Tammy and I was a part of this amazing group a while ago but unfortunately for me I fell badly off the band wagon. I need up gaining most of the weight that you all helped me to lose plus gained all my bad habits. After a lot of soul searching and talking with my amazing husband I chose to come back and go one day at a time. Out of the fads and programs out there this community was the only one that truly made a difference in my life. I’m glad to be back. My weigh in day will be Saturday. Right now my stats sit as

tammymccrady6278
    SW (my highest ever 249.6 lbs)
    CW 243.7lbs

My goals are easy to start some would say but it is baby steps for ultimate success. 6000 steps a day, no eating past supper and not more junk food. I’m a Hugh Diet Coke lover and hate my water so I want to just have one Diet Coke a day and start drinking 5 to 6 glasses of water. Like I said I want to ease my way up to what is recommended rather than just jump into the deep end.

If you need any other info from me let me know Have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.