Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 ❤️ 🙏🏻 ❤️ You are in my thoughts and prayers!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 275
    C. W. 275
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 @shaunarlr83 @lrjogger1 Woo hoo! Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard, way to get it done!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly Don't stress too much, everyone has weeks like that! What can you do today towards your health? Can you drink more water? Go for a 10-minute walk? You've got this, girl!

@19shmoo69 Can you set reminders on your phone?

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Does sound like a busy day. Good job with your no zero day wins!

@bethanie0825 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thanks! Yeah, they were definitely challenging. Thanks, you too! I'm glad you recipes came out good. Good job!

@AmbersWay Congrats on the loss, woo hoo!

@Cornanda I love your determination and yes, you can do this!

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss! I'm sorry you are in pain, I hope you feel better soon. <3

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss, we are seeing a lot of losses this week, woo hoo!

Hi all. I got my workout in yesterday despite not feeling like doing it. This morning, I walked my dog for 10 mins, which goes towards my total for the day. My goal is to get 25-30 mins of moderate to vigorous activity in a day/150 mins a week. So far, I've gotten 85 mins in and I have today and until Tuesday night to finish getting that remaining 65 mins in. I am hoping to work out again today but I've got a busy day and it may just be a rest day. Enjoy your Sunday!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I lifted weights, drank 60 oz of water, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    edited January 2023
    Options
    If anyone needs a new scale, Amazon has RENPHO (the brand I have and love) scales on sale for 43% off (comes out to $19.99), there might be other RENPHO scales on sale: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1UX8RW

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @trooworld yes I can. What would it be for?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,736 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Happy Sunday! Yes you can do this, got that right!

@megnolia82 Huge hug, prayers you're feeling better fast.

@lrjogger1 @shaunarlr83 @laurelfit57 The leaders of the pack, you get down with your bad selves! Way to go!

@trooworld Way to go on getting exercise in, it's hard on those days but you did great!

@19shmoo69 I'm guessing to drink water but I'm not positive what Chris meant.

Hi team! Had semi-relaxing day aside of going in the yard to see another section of fence is about to go, so frustrating. I DID work out, read, took a long bath, cleaned, did laundry, etc. Week is going to be busy, I may go to the food bank farm greenhouse tomorrow to drop off some stuff and plant more seeds then need to do a grocery trip. I joined in a rainbow challenge and haven't been to the store in two weeks so while I have lettuce that's still good I'm out of everything else. I have to do a seed order too for myself, I can't wait for spring! Have a great Monday everyone!

No Zeros
    -did workout challenge (and weights and stretching)
    -ate well and under calories
    -drinking a lot of liquids. I realized I was slacking a bit because of the cold, I need to get another big tea carafe.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 sending big hugs. Congrats on your loss. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - sending you healthy vibes!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I was thinking maybe setting a reminder for when you finish your coffee to drink a glass of water, then another one maybe at 11 am to drink another one, then maybe a couple more throughout the day to remind you to drink a glass. Would that be helpful? Another thought is to put rubberbands on your water tumbler and as you drink a full tumbler, take off a rubber band so you know how many full tumblers you have drank.

@Katmary71 Thanks! I'm sorry about your fence, I'm sure this weather is not helping. Sounds like you had a busy day but it was good. What a great day you had, good job!

@shaunarlr83 I'm sorry your husband is harassing you. Do you need to get a restraining order? Oh gosh, that is so sad about little Athena. :( On another note, congrats on sticking to your meal plan! You helped your health and your wallet! That's sweet that your son saves a game to play with you. I play a game with my husband, it's fun! Yay for your divorce being final tomorrow. <3<3<3 Way to go with your record!

Hi all. Yesterday ended up being a rest day with the exception of a 10-minute moderate walk with the dog. I am off today and plan on working out this morning, getting it done so that I can enjoy the rest of my day. I made a really good chili yesterday, it was a Texas-style chili with no beans. My husband said it was in the top 5 meals I've ever made. If you want to try it, here's a link to the recipe: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/texas-chili/

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I took a moderate 10-minute walk and tracked everything.

• lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I’m back after being on vacation with my family for the past 5 days. Sorry, I haven’t checked in for a bit as I was busy with family and friends I haven’t seen in a while.

While on vacation I worked out only 1 day, but I did manage to have no zero days by keeping up my water drinking and logging all my food every day. I stayed under my calorie goal 3 of those days and 2 days over goal (couldn’t resist the baked goodies my mom made). I might be up in weight tomorrow, but hopefully not too much.

Tomorrow is the start of my 3rd level of nursing school, which comes with lots of stress. I know I’ll need to have some healthy coping tools so I don’t stress eat, which I’ve done a lot of in the past. Staying hydrated and taking walk breaks are two ways I’m planning. Any other ideas?

• 19shmoo69
    Options
    Thanks!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 261
    CW: 260.5

So sorry for the late post. :(
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Jen_967
    Monday
    PW: 252.8
    CW: 253.6
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 my heart goes out to you and your whole community and of course that little girl. The town where I live had a horrific kidnapping and murder of an 8 year old back in 2008. Her remains were found several months later. This many years later and the community is still affected. I’ll be thinking of Athena tonight. I’m so sorry.

Today was a very difficult day. I had really bad nausea and threw up a few times. I decided to push through and do my 16 reps which was a big mistake :( my daughter came home from
    School sick today too but it was sore throat, headache, fever. I am just praying no one else catches my c diff.

Sigh. Here’s to a good night and a better day tomorrow.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,736 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 I'm so sorry to hear the little girl is most likely not alive, that's so sad. It sounds horrible from what you're hearing. I love hearing all your family time! It sounds like you all are really enjoying each other and you're all being healthier which is wonderful. Even if you don't have time to reply people come and let us know how you're doing when you can. Congratulations on the divorce being final tomorrow, woohoo! I hope your husband knocks off this harassment.I know it wasn't easy to leave but am so glad you did! You're being amazing all over the place, it's reminding me of a meme that says to bloom where you're planted as you're blooming and blossoming in so many ways. :) Way to go on 170s!

@trooworld I hope you had a great workout! That chili looks awesome, yum! I love the Martin Luther King Jr. quote, that's a favorite of mine.

@lrjogger1 Welcome back! I'm so glad you managed to stick to no zero days, you sound like you did really well on vacation which is always hard. I think walk breaks will help a lot with stress, working out is one of the healthier ways I cope with it. If you'll be very busy perhaps meal prepping a bit? If you're stressed at night there's great guided meditations and relaxing music on YouTube too.

Hi everyone! I was going to go to the greenhouse at the high school today but the gate locked me out, I can't walk far so I just stayed home and did things around here like workout and clean then Walmart pickup though a few things I wanted weren't in so now I have to go to the store. That seems to always happen, at least the cat food was subbed. I made a big seed order last night and ordered my brother's birthday gift so that's squared away for this weekend. Bill is coming Saturday, he wanted to stay into the week but I told him to leave Monday because I get too far behind as I break things down so I can do them and have to spread it out vs. doing everything in one day. I'm only sleeping a couple hours a night and it's hard to be around people constantly when I feel real bad and it's raining constantly lately. Honestly I think we're beating Seattle on rainy days at this point! Thanks for letting me complain, have a great Tuesday!

No Zeros
    did my cardio, strength training, and stretching and with the higher weights
    ate very well
    doing good with water and tea
This discussion has been closed.