This January I Will....

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Allison from South Carolina. Just turned 56 on 12/26. Doing my best to start 2023 with better focus on my health. This group looks like a good fit for me. My first new habit will be this January I will put a glass of water by bed to drink when I first wake up every morning.

Welcome to the group, Allison! Sorry for the delay. Water is AWESOME!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    I am going to roll over my December goals into January as they are both important to continue: using my happy light daily and tracking my food intake. But I think I’m going to use a different visual tracking system this year, one that will show my progress over the whole year. I’m going to use this calendar:

muw7r774bkbi.jpeg

So for January:

“I am a healthy, happy person who eats a healthy diet and needs sunshine daily. Since abundant sunshine is sparse in New England in the wintertime and I can’t walk outdoors safely, I will use my happy light and track my food daily giving me a visual record of my healthy eating practices.”

That's wonderful!! I love the "I AM" statements!! <3 That's awesome.

I love this! Trying to figure out how i can download and use it too :)
    Happy New Year, Denise aka @themedalist!

Maddie :)
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,097 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    6th

I am a person that pretracks every night♥
    I am person that Tracks all food Including over eating days, weekends and grazing! ♥
    I am a person that does workouts she enjoys... Mon situps run and weights. Tue run, sit ups, Wed weights, situps and boxing. Thur run, skipping and boxing♥
    I am a person that manages her time efficiently by leaving work on time, between 4.30pm to 4.45pm the latest!♥
    I am a person that gives herself grace by taking a break from weighing myself daily and instead just focus on habits, behaviours, building muscle and strength and a healthy relationship with food and my body!♥
    I am a person who loves nourishing her body and doesn't need to eat chocolate every night! 👇
    I am a person that lives in the present moment, savouring the time with my loved ones! ♥
    I am a person that schedules some time out for herself weekly! ♥
    I am a person that knows who she is and does not need to rely on the opionon of others! ♥
    I am a person that makes decisions that are not centred around guilt♥
    I am woman who self reflects by writing at least 1 word in her Journal a day! ♥
    Report here daily ♥

• donna25trinity
    Options
    7th
    I am a person that pretracks every night 👇
    I am person that Tracks all food Including over eating days, weekends and grazing! ♥
    I am a person that does workouts she enjoys... Mon situps run and weights. Tue run, sit ups, Wed weights, situps and boxing. Thur run, skipping and boxing♥
    I am a person that manages her time efficiently by leaving work on time, between 4.30pm to 4.45pm the latest!♥
    I am a person that gives herself grace by taking a break from weighing myself daily and instead just focus on habits, behaviours, building muscle and strength and a healthy relationship with food and my body!♥
    I am a person who loves nourishing her body and doesn't need to eat chocolate every night! ♥
    I am a person that lives in the present moment, savouring the time with my loved ones! ♥
    I am a person that knows who she is and does not need to rely on the opionon of others! ♥
    I am woman who self reflects by writing at least 1 word in her Journal a day! 👇
    Report here daily ♥

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,470 Member
    Options
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎
    🍎🍇🫐 DECEMBER 🫐🍇🍎
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

In January I am focused on recovering from the dreaded lurgy.
    Almost back on form, although I have some residual lethargy which I hope will go soon.

In January, I am concentrating on re-establishing my strength and flex workouts, and consolidation of Solid Habits.

How:
    📍cardio/strength >5 minutes as soon as my alarm goes off. I already do a short walk each morning, so will add the workout to that.
    Reward: based on the first 2 mornings:-
    the adrenaline rush that the exercise gave me.
    🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️

📍Avoid foods with added sugar
    Reward: reduction in pain and associated inflammation
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    Daily Solid Habits:
    Solid Habits
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 7500 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    💎Close Apple rings
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Puzzles/read/TV
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Daily chores
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Energy and appetite are still variable, so I’m concentrating on getting a healthy, balanced diet.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a successful and happy new year.

My January goals: to obtain 35-40 miles of my 100 mile winter challenge and to be present at the gym at least 10 times. It’s hard as I have much of my own equipment to exercise at home so I go really to encourage and support my dh.

This is lovely, @snowshoe072. The fact that you have most of the equipment you need to exercise at home but still go to the gym to support your husband is really sweet and thoughtful.
  • themedalist
    Options
    @77tes, I’m sorry to hear about your sister and that your broke your ankle. I know how important your family is to you. And you are so committed to daily exercise, that a broken ankle is a pain, but a temporary hurdle.

Great goals for 2023 and the analog one made me smile!
  • themedalist
    edited January 2023
    Options
    vbb34 wrote: »
    I am not new to MFP but new to posting. I am looking for motivation. I have always been in the 145 range and just recently have jumped all the way up to 215. My goal is to be more active starting now, drink more water, and consistently log in my food intake. I don't eat a lot of junk but do find myself overeating at meals when I am already full. Hopefully I can get this nipped in the butt with motivational posts from others.

Welcome to our group, @vbb34! Building new healthy habits needs some motivation. Almost like kindling to get a fire started. Once the habit is fully entrenched, usually we act on it because it’s just what we do. It’s part of who we are and it’s part of our daily routine. We get benefits from doing the habit. Admittedly, there are days when I could talk myself out of doing the habits that are now part of my daily routine (sometimes I need a bit of motivation for kindling a struggling fire) but the motivation needed for an established habit is a fraction of that I’d need to start a new habit. That’s been my experience.

I recently discovered a immensely talented artist, @WisdomMadeEasy who posts his visuals depicting wisdom nuggets on Facebook, Twitter, and IG. He's a big fan of building habits and James Clear. If you use those platforms, I highly recommend following him! Here's an especially relevant graph to this post:

e39u2em02om0.jpg

And yes, there is lots of motivation and inspiration from reading about the progress and success of other group members!

We are glad you are here!
  • themedalist
    Options
    This January I am concentrating on paying attention to what I put in my body. The habit I am working on is tracking my food. I am also focusing on making sure I drink enough water on the days I work from home.

Two great habits to focus on, @RevivingRachel!
  • themedalist
    edited January 2023
    Options
    My goals for January are to track my food and use my "happy light" daily. I've updated my tracker through today:

sus5sp85cd3o.jpg

It's easy to get a string of successes in early January. Harder the middle of November. I know there will be days I miss this year. I'm traveling or something comes up unexpectedly that throws my usual routines into chaos. That's OK. It's OK for me to miss days and have white spaces on the calendar. I don't have to be perfect. I just have to be consistent and mindful to make real progress in 2023.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,075 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @themedalist , I love your tracker! Funny, the analog hours is proving to be very challenging. I just realized that I’m using a device to do almost everything- workout or yoga practice- YouTube. I am reading a print book, so that gives me some analog time. I can do sewing, but I generally have a video running while I do it. One thing I’m trying to do is spend at least a half hour talking with my husband without having a device on. My, it’s harder than I would have imagined. 🙄

@TerriRichardson112 - I love reading your posts! So inspiring!
    @donna25trinity - The journaling at least one word is a great idea. I trying to do similar.

This Friday I traded my boot for an ankle brace. I also was given the green light for short walks on level ground. I’m so happy. My Habits are changing up a bit. I realized that I can’t do my mobility exercises on days when my husband sleeps in, so I may try to fit them elsewhere. Maybe at bedtime. Also, I will try to get in a walk each day unless the weather prevents.

January 1 - Habit 1 👍Habit 2 12/14 stretch /water
    January 2 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 14/14 stretch /water
    January 3 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 12/14 stretch /water
    January 4 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 12 /14 stretch /water
    January 5 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 10/14 stretch /water
    January 6 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 6/14 stretch /water
    January 7 - Habit 1 ✋😳 Habit 2 I may switch since I got the green light to take short walks first walk 15 minutes
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    8th
    I am a person that pretracks every night ♥
    I am a person that does workouts she enjoys..♥
    I am a person who loves nourishing her body and doesn't need to eat chocolate every night! ♥
    Report here daily ♥

• donna25trinity
    Options
    9th
    Report here daily ♥

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,260 Member
    Options
    You are doing great Donna! @donna25trinity 💛
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @themedalist , I love your tracker! Funny, the analog hours is proving to be very challenging. I just realized that I’m using a device to do almost everything- workout or yoga practice- YouTube. I am reading a print book, so that gives me some analog time. I can do sewing, but I generally have a video running while I do it. One thing I’m trying to do is spend at least a half hour talking with my husband without having a device on. My, it’s harder than I would have imagined. 🙄

@TerriRichardson112 - I love reading your posts! So inspiring!
    @donna25trinity - The journaling at least one word is a great idea. I trying to do similar.

This Friday I traded my boot for an ankle brace. I also was given the green light for short walks on level ground. I’m so happy. My Habits are changing up a bit. I realized that I can’t do my mobility exercises on days when my husband sleeps in, so I may try to fit them elsewhere. Maybe at bedtime. Also, I will try to get in a walk each day unless the weather prevents.

January 1 - Habit 1 👍Habit 2 12/14 stretch /water
    January 2 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 14/14 stretch /water
    January 3 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 12/14 stretch /water
    January 4 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 12 /14 stretch /water
    January 5 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 10/14 stretch /water
    January 6 - Habit 1 👍 Habit 2. 6/14 stretch /water
    January 7 - Habit 1 ✋😳 Habit 2 I may switch since I got the green light to take short walks first walk 15 minutes

@77tes yeah the 1 word in the journal seems to be doing the trick cps I think 1 word is easy to commit to. Then once writing I always do heaps more! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    You are doing great Donna! @donna25trinity 💛

Thanks @jamcnewman!!!! Hope ur going well with your habits/ goals!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    10th
    I am a person who loves nourishing her body and doesn't need to eat chocolate every night! NO
    Report here daily ♥

• thewanglers
    thewanglers Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I just joined MFP and your group. My January challenge will be adding every meal item into the MFP diary and weighing at least once per week. :)