Food question

Options
jean1058
jean1058 Posts: 86 Member
Tomorrow is the end of my 1st week of phase 1 induction. I have a job that requires me to be up at 5:00 am, so I have been making hard boiled eggs and string cheese for breakfast. I am required to take my lunch at 11:30 am, and I'm just not hungry. Should I eat anyhow? I've been packing almonds and leftovers from the night before, but twice I just didn't want anything. I have been really working on drinking lots of water, so maybe I'm full from that? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Replies

• QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Water does not keep you feeling full for long. It quickly passes through the stomach. You really need to eat. You can't possibly get enough exchanges in eating nothing. And nuts are not allowed on induction. You might keep a protein shake handy if you don't feel like eating. I do that sometimes and have it with some foundation veggies for a meal.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    nuts are a bad idea on induction alright, atkins allowed mackadamia nuts but only a small amount, almonds have to many carbs for induction phase, they certainly are a good choice for keeping blood sugar low and are allowed in OWL phase of atkins as long as they are measured, I would eat something during lunch, another hard boiled egg at least, or have some pre cooke meat, like a small amount of ground beef, or some hard salami , a few bites, and carry on with your day, one of the ways atkins said you lose wieght on his diet is by not eating when your not hungry, and induction is working GREAT!! for you then,, feel good about not being hungry all the time ,, !! hang in there