It's a GOOD Sore

Options
mariamyer
mariamyer Posts: 34 Member
I finally got my ifit app to work linked to my treadmill. I explored a couple new workout programs. One was a walking on a beautiful beach, nice warm up. I decided it was time to start some upper body training to build strength so I'm able to get up off the ground without much struggle. Holy crap! I used very light weight and slowed my rep pace to my speed rather than his. I used to be able to do 30+pushups on my knees, now I struggle with 12. Now I really feel how far I let myself go and there is no real excuse. Today will be a rest day from upper body to get over the soreness but not missing a work out. Treadmill walking today. Meeting at 10am, and another at 4:30pm. Planning a trip to the grocery store to stock up on fresh veggies. I read an interesting article on volume eating and I'm excited about it. Made 8, half cup chia pudding yesterday. Planning to get my fridge stocked so I have some healthy "go to" meals that are quick. I have been skipping throughout the day, too busy to prepare something healthy and by 3pm I am so hungry. One of the worst things I could do is put my body in starvation mode so it will store fat rather than burn it. Keeping busy and staying focused. It's Tuesday, Jan. 10th, 12 days into this, down 4 pounds, sore, still motivated.