Volume Eating...

Options
mariamyer
mariamyer Posts: 34 Member
I read somewhere on this site a bit about volume eating, filling up on fruits, veggies, instead of empty calories. The more I read, the more I learned it is basically the mediterranean diet. I purchased a cookbook, got on line to view some recipes and hit the grocery store. I grew up eating a lot of veggies, even with pasta so this brings me back to my comfort foods. Last night I made grilled veggies with chicken breast. I ate mainly veggies and hubby had most of the chicken with veggies. I marinated everything with olive oil, lemon, turmeric, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, garlic. DELICIOUS! Our bodies are amazing. I have followed the 21 day Crazy Sexy Diet years ago and was very successful. When I started that diet, my body went through a major cleanse first couple days. Last night's dinner was much like that with my body flushing out stored yuk. Off to a good start, excited to get on the scale each morning, soreness is still there but working through it. It's Wednesday, day 13, down 4.2 pounds.