Options
Hi. My name is Lauren. I am new to this awesome group. I am a young woman with autism who wants to lose weight and just get back on track! My goal is to run a 5k marathon so I can help out young women out there as well as the community!
Tagged:

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A great group here! What are your specific goals and feel free to post on the Jammin January thread!😀
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, and welcome!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lauren !
  • AwesomeOLDstrong
    Options
    Hi Lauren! Good luck! I was a long distance runner for 20 years. I never ran before but decided after I had my 2 babies that I would turn myself into a runner. If you have access to a running track at a public school then just make a goal to run 1 lap walk 1 lap run 1 lap etc etc. Eventually the walking part will be deleted. And you will do 12 laps non stop jogging foe 3 miles total. I did that plan and then I got faster and better! I finished 18 marathons...................Please take it one day at a time. I did not run 3 miles without stopping until 5 months after my run/walk plan.................and I was 30 years old then. hahaha
  • dmorton_11
    dmorton_11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren! This is my 2nd day here. I once walked the 5k of The Race for the Cure. I was very depilated after I finished my course of chemo & radiation so much so I struggled to make it to the end of my driveway. I started literally by walking an extra driveway on my street until I made the stop sign. From there I worked my way up to the next street & so on finally I made my 1st mile after 6 months. I continued to walk daily increasing my stamina & distance. It was over a year+ when I walked in the Race in Orlando. Lots of luck to you & whatever way motivates you to put one foot in front of the other to reach your goal in your case running. With your final goal to inspire & help other women is fab-u-lous!