Addicted to liquid Calories

Options
Help. I'm addicted to liquid calories. When ever I'm sad/angry/frustrated I turn to liquids, in particular milk. I LOVE and crave milk. Ice Coffee, Chocolate Milk, Plain milk, Milky teas ect. Anything MILK! Ive been trying to substitute with water but its just not cutting it. :(
Nothing cheers me up more than an Ice coffee and Summer roll.

Replies

• divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Maybe it goes back to being younger and getting "milk and cookies."

I know for me my parents used food to comfort me.

Also I think milk is connected with mom/parent/comfort.

Maybe think about what you are feeling when you want the milk. Stress? Etc.
  • MotherMadamTransformed
    Options
    I used to consume alota empty calories from liquids, coke, sprite, SWEET TEA... Now, I've learned to replace them with fruit and vegetable smoothies...
  • Hinch2Hench
    Options
    I too love milk. Most of my family is lactose intolerant but not me I could drink it all day everyday. I no longer drink cow's milk though this is what helped me kicked the habit. I had to literally wean myself off of it.

Took it down from whole milk to 2% then so on and so forth until skim milk was good enough. I stayed drinking skim milk for quite a while until I tried almond milk. Now I will not lie and say it's as good as a big glass of the nectar from the teat of Bessie but it works. I doctor mine up occasionally with some cocoa powder and cinnamon.

I've learned by doing this sometimes going cold turkey can only end up chasing you back to stuff that's not exactly the best thing for you. I treat my issues with food kind of like a smoker's addiction take little step backs and see what I can take.