Friday Weigh-In Thread 2-3-2023

Options
How did you do?

Replies

• ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Since it is an end of the month summary with good results, I thought I'd take the initiative.

Down 2, for a total of 10 lbs over the past month. Confirmation of the long-known phenomenon that rigorous tracking really helps with controlling eating and successful weight loss.

I've essentially been giving myself 210 points per week and rigorously pretracking my meals. I go into a restaurant pretty much knowing what I will order and how much I will be taking home -- it somehow takes the pressure off to not make the decision to set aside a portion to take home while I am eating. I think the point budget might be a bit of an underestimate -- based on the assumption that I may be undercounting some of my restaurant meals (it's hard to estimate some of those weights and I don't always feel like bringing things home to measure them). But whatever errors I am making are OK for now.

The coming month will have the challenge of a 10-day vacation, which will involve eating for recreation. My plan is to not go overboard and also not worry if I gain a pound or two. I don't think binging will be a concern, fortunately.

My one point of dissatisfaction is that my face is already sagging a bit more and it seems to be more wobbly. Oh well.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    But whatever errors I am making are OK for now.

That’s an important mindset to have. If you’re consistent and if you as accurate as you can be, you’ll get results. If you don’t like the results, you can then change what you’re doing. But at least you’re doing it from a consistent base.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    “Yo - how'd you do?”

Okay, now I feel better. I was going through “yo” withdrawal.

Lord knows I know better than to declare victory - but I did weigh in February 1st under goal with a three pound loss from last week's “no change”. That marks the fourth successive month of free Lifetime.

Following up on last week's note, on Sunday I put myself into Maintenance mode. So far, I’ve adjusted things to take only three of the default six points. I plan to stick with that for the month of February and reassess. (I’m a big believer in allowing time and repetitions to weed out blips from trends.)

Interesting observation - I put myself into Maintenance mode, and then promptly lost three pounds this week. I am not so foolish as to think there’s any connection between those two events, and my daily weigh-in did go back up two pounds the next day.

Perhaps most important, though, I feel I’m in a range where I’m comfortable and want to stay. That would likely be a daily morning weigh-in between 172 and 176, and it should yield a weekly Studio weigh-in that’s under 178, which gives me some cushion. We'll see how that all evolves. 🤷‍♂️