suggestions on clean eating

Options
tmcneal1
tmcneal1 Posts: 2 Member
I want to become a clean eater but need help. So far I've been chopping up a lot of fresh veggies and adding some Gordon's Fajita chicken to it. There has to be more than this...right?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,627 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    within my definition of "clean eating" comes legumes, beans, lightly refined grains - quinoa/buckwheat/barley and ... for the fun of it ... hot air popcorn.

I also eat eggs and dairy - and though these are pushing the boundaries I accept these less cultured cheeses into my diet also - feta / riccotta / cottage / mozzarella.

I think at some point we all find what is "livable" and set our boundaries with that in mind.
  • TheAngieScott
    TheAngieScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like to do stuff like Shakshuka with goat cheese, Root Veggie & Sausage (or other meat) Oven Bakes (I like sweet potatoes, onions, red bell pepper, celery, and sausage with eggs and goat cheese or cream cheese), lots of grilled stuff like zucchini, cabbage, squash with just butter and salt along with some bbq chicken. I use seasonings like Tony Chachere's, Salt-Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning from Mrs. Dash, Everything Bagel Seasoning, White Cheddar popcorn seasoning, Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning (love this bc I'm keto and so is this, plus it is so good on chicken, bugers, pork, even veggies!) Adobo, Sazon, and Sofrito. I also found that replacing my ground beef with ground turkey is not only healthier, but much cheaper at literally half the cost of beef. My family loves it when I make homemade stirfry bc it's super healthy. I do not serve it with rice bc rice is full of the wrong kind of carbs for my diet, but you can depending on your dietary needs. I would recommend instead sticking to brown rice instead though since it is a healthier. The stirfry is just broccoli, fresh whole green beans or edamame, baby carrots, onions, bell peppers, celery or whatever else I have al all sauteed with fresh garlic, fresh ginger, fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, butter, and some kind of additive like a table spoon of spicy garlic relish sauce or fresh peppers. It's healthy, tasty, and you can add any meat you want to it. I like to do chicken and shrimp combined for more protein and a little variety. I hope this helps!