Looking for support

Options
catevis
catevis Posts: 12 Member
Has anyone else had a defining moment where they looked at a picture and realized that they'd let themselves go for too long? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I guess it's just a retorical question. Regardless of who answers or not, that was me looking at this picture today. This was only taken this Saturday. 😕
apee3ic9arua.jpg

Replies

• Trixiebelle75
    Trixiebelle75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You’re not alone!! That’s why I’m here. I foolishly kept buying bigger and bigger clothes thinking “I still look okay.” And nope. I’m obese and it shows. I’m literally just focused on one day at a time to get my life back. Time to focus on you!
  • jhurt1344
    jhurt1344 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me it was about 2 weeks ago, not a picture but caught a glimpse of me trying to stuff myself into my jeans in the full length mirror. I was horrified! That's when it hit me that I'm in my 40's, obese, and on the fast track to an early grave. I have an 11 year old daughter that I'd like to be here for as she grows up!
  • swilwert
    swilwert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went to Mexico about a month ago, I was packing and realized all the clothes I bought just 4 to 6 months before barely fit. I looked at pictures and realized most my life my face was still looking thin and now it is puffy and I always look swollen. It's time to make the change I've been putting off.
  • Hot4my40s
    Hot4my40s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went to 2 beautiful trips with my kids and I realize I didn’t want to be in the pictures because I was so self conscious . I also haven’t attended family events because I don’t want people to see me this big. I let work took over my schedule and five years later I don’t even want to take pictures. Enough is enough. I need to regain my self confidence
  • nicolewhittier
    nicolewhittier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I feel like I used to be cute and fun and enjoy clothes. Now it’s all about trying to find clothes that fit and cover me up. I would love some motivation buddies!
  • Fiona_Ross82
    Fiona_Ross82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I put a lot of weight on after child number 3, suffered PND and ate emotionally to cope.
    I still emotional over eat but I’m sick of hiding behind the camera and never in family photos as I’m so ashamed of how I’ve let myself get so bad.
    I’ve got 7.5 st (77lbs) to lose and really starting to feel that if I don’t start now I’ll never shift the weight.
  • BluBug74
    BluBug74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cjuz7o44kitv.jpeg

Yes! This photo was the one that made realize that I needed to do something. I remember getting dressed that evening and thinking that the shirt helped make me look slimmer than my usual, I actually felt good about it. But when my friend sent me the photo I couldn’t believe how much bigger I looked than what I had in my mind. And my face was constantly flushed, probably from high blood pressure.. I dunno.
    I was feeling so down about myself and just had enough of making excuses for myself. I went and joined a gym, started slow and just kept at it. As much as I hated seeing that picture I am so grateful for it now. I avoided being in photos for years, another way to ignore the reality.
  • BluBug74
    BluBug74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    dlg8jlc54nfa.jpeg

Day 1 at the gym.

3 months later. Getting there with a lot of determination lol
    a1gpyd09azs8.jpeg