Just joining

Options
I’m new to keto but in less than a month I’m down 15 l bs. It’s very encouraging and I’m starting to feel better. I’ve 85 lbs to go. Love to hear from someone else with a lot to lose.

Replies

• natalielosew
    natalielosew Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 58 lbs to go for me - 29 down on keto :) You can add me if you'd like.
  • pademuth
    pademuth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time getting into ketosis, Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong,just getting started want to loose about 70 #s. Help and Thank you so very much
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    awesome @natalielosew ~ WTG!

pademuth - how do you know you are not in ketosis. are you testing?

so generallly <50g carbs per day - consider <12 or <15g per meal. Some plans even drop to <30g/day...

xydjgzcoilwl.jpg
  • Patrickwiens
    Patrickwiens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me on a keto diet. I have 166lbs to lose and hoping this will help me achieve that goal.
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    gr8 @Patrickwiens ~ 1st week can be rough - push thru! Happy eating - the food choices/combos are endless!
  • kwcrane
    kwcrane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just started keto again about two weeks ago, after be off it for a long time. I loss 5lbs then didn't lose any more till today and I loss 4 more pounds. Just trying to get my weight loss to move more. My goal is to get as much as I can off before October. Then continue till I loss my total of 100 lbs., then the goal is to maintain my lose.
  • cherilittrell
    cherilittrell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm down 30 pounds since March 28 this year. I have 62 more to go! I know I feel so much better already!
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am back at it, I've done keto for 5 years and had tremendous results. Since last May I've had some family issues come up, and have used them to throw my health out the window. Now I feel miserable. I've gained 17 pounds, which is a 13% increase in weight. I'm bloated, and I have gas (tmi?). I just feel mushy. I will be 60 yo in two months, and would like to feel good again by then.

For the first time in 5 years, I was light headed the other day from not eating. On keto I can go all day, and have gone several days, in a fasted state and had plenty of energy. As a runner/former runner, I always ran in a fasted state. So many health benefits of the keto life. @pademuth, don't give up. I get into ketosis much easier/faster than my husband. We're all wired differently. Hang in there, give it a couple of months, stay off the scale, and listen to your body. Use the mirror and how your clothes fit to gauge you loss. It's a journey.
  • lacheze
    lacheze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m on day 2 of the keto diet. I’m feeling very motivated but I’m having an issue getting enough fat in so far. I would like to lose around 130 lbs and hoping that this is something that will work for me!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    I started Ketoish eating April 22 when I my blood work came in showing a troubling trend in my A1C. I had already lost about 15-20 pounds since February just cutting back on calories, but obviously that was not stopping a trend in my blood sugar in the wrong direction. I immediately went to low carb, moderate protein, high fat. I happened to have a blood glucose monitor, so I started tracking my blood glucose and the trend immediately started in the correct direction. I use the Sugr app and it estimates A1C and if their estimate is anywhere close to accurate I have dropped my A1C by 1.3 points. I will have follow up blood work in a couple of months to see what it says. Unlike many, I have had no issues going Keto. I got into Ketosis quickly, and I never had the keto flu. I am still working on developing a broad number of recipes that fit with a keto diet. One thing I can say is I still eat a lot of veggies, just not the high carb type.