Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello to my favorite group! I’m Shauna from small town Oklahoma and I live for days outdoors!!! After 14 days of being away I’m currently living back in my childhood home with my mom, sister and 4 nieces. My son (18) occasionally graces us with his presence and my daughter (21) lives about 3 miles away but usually stops in daily to steal my clothes, raid the fridge, or pick me up for the gym! We both now work in the Emergency Dept of a county hospital about 25 miles away. This is my first ever full time job! 😬

I’m ramping up my goals to get as close to goal weight as I possibly can by my birthday, May 6th I’ll be the big 40!!!!

Right now I’m …..

💟 Working out at least 6 days a week. Somedays that’s just a leisurely stroll or recovery/stretching workout!

💟 Trying my best to close all watch rings everyday!

💟Aiming for 14 cups of water!

💟 Walking 10,000 + steps a day!

💟 Eating Whole Foods and low carbs. Avoiding bread and sugar 90% of the time.

💟 and maintaining NO ZERO DAYS throughout the year.

Need to be better about logging food intake and as soon as I adjust to my new life schedule I’ll do just that!
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    @rodgerd27 - welcome to the group! Happy you’re here.

@trooworld - I’m so glad it went well

@Katmary71- I hope you have a mostly pain free March! Spring is almost here, enjoy your days with the seedlings!

Sorry I wasn’t focused on that last Stridekick challenge BUT I’m ready now. Yesterday I became momentarily overwhelmed at work, I think it was more exhaustion talking than anything, I’ve barely slept an average of 5 hours a day since last Wednesday night. I didn’t let it set me back, I sent a prayer to the man up stairs and held my head high to move on. This job is an insanely wide range tasks for someone who has very minimal medical knowledge. I’m learning fast it’s just so much lol. My “trainer” kinda tells me once and then throws me to the wolves. But luckily I’ve worked with mostly the same nurses and doctor all week so they are being very helpful.

I haven’t spent much time with my mom, or other fam the past week but I’ve spent most days with my kids so it’s still been great! Son had vehicle issues going on right and he’s looking for a different job so as usual we’re in a bit of a transitioning phase. My sister has decided she has no choice but to clean up and move back into her old place that needs quite a bit of repairs, I don’t really want to spend my days off helping her but it’s either that or stay in a cram packed house for longer and I’m not sure I can mentally handle that.

I miss the gym and walking this week but I’m so thankful that the lab shoot is broken and I’m the runner! 🤣 most people would loathe having to run up and down two flights of stairs and down long hallways to the other side of the hospital but it’s my favorite thing 😂😂😂 I’ll be sad when they fix it.

Yay for those who got us to third, had great weigh ins last week, started this month off in the green, stuck to NO ZERO Days and progressed!!! Hugs to those hurting, struggling, or not seeing a loss. Be patient it will get better!!!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Kismet is beautiful!!! Your harvest from your indoor garden are amazing. I got an indoor garden for Christmas and am enjoying fresh herbs. I love it!

@Katmary71 It did! Thanks! Yes, I think I will have a great relationship with the cousins. I'm glad you stay in touch with your cousin. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Sounds like you will be busy at the food bank farm. Enjoy your day! Great job with your no zeros!

@shaunarlr83 That's great you had a surprise loss. Congrats! Great goals for your birthday! Are you finding your new job stressful? I think it would be a bit stressful to be thrown to the wolves lol. And expected to know a wide range of things. Good luck with moving your sister. Sounds like you are going to get a lot of steps in with the lab shoot broken! :D Great progress pics, Shauna! 17 miles is awesome, amazing. You are very inspiring!

Hi all. Doing okay over here. I made a delicious Italian soup for dinner last night from Skinnytaste (Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe Soup - https://www.skinnytaste.com/beef-tomato-and-acini-di-pepe-soup/ ). Getting back to healthy eating feels great after a weekend of eating whatever was around/restaurant food. I need to focus on water today. It's supposed to rain so I doubt I'll get many steps in. I also have to take Daisy to get x-rays to see if the fluid in her lungs has cleared up. I really hope it has.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I had a healthy dinner, and drank more water.

Join our Stridekick challenge (miles walked/ran)...my username is LibraryGoddess: https://link.stridekick.com/join

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!

Here's to the last day of Feb. For us folks in Tx the ground hog was wrong. We have been having spring weather the last to weeks. I'M LOVING IT! Today I am finishing up my pallet planter box and transplanting a few of my herbs to it. I have started some others indoors, just waiting on them
    to do their job. I am going to try a few other veggies this yr. Last yr I inherited a tomato plant when my husband's uncle passed way. The summer was so hot it was all I could do to keep it alive. When the heat wave broke it started producing. During the winter I brought it indoors while it continued to give me tomatoes. It is now back outside thriving well. Let's see what this yr will bring.

@megnolia82 I hope you get to feeling better soon. I know that having C Diff is NOT fun. My sister suffers from it as well. She has had it several times.

@rodgerd27 I hope you find this group as helpful as I am. This is my first time to using a community group. I have been using MFP since 2014.

@laurelfit57 🎉Congrats on your loss of 30lbs. 🎊

@JenAWhite on the Stridekick challenges at this time I have my step goal at 7500. This time of the yr my neuropathy gets the best of me. Some day a mange more then others.

@trooworld I'm so glad things went great when meeting your cousins.

@shaunair83 I am glad to hear you are settling in at your job. I love your transformation post. You look amazing!

@Katmary71 I really hope with the weather change that your back pain will let up. Aches and pains during the cooler months are hard. Really slows one down. I suffers with neuropathy and during the winter my body hurts. The season change even triggers the pain to be worse. Once I get through the change to spring the pain gets much easier along with moving.

I hope everyone has a great Hump Day! 😂🤣😂

☕Today is
    like COFFEE
    It will be
    As Good As
    YOU MAKE IT☕
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,059 Member
    Options
    Rich seems very sick with something bronchial, but he's still going to work every day. I don't know how much of his sickness is just him doing drama so that I won't forget that he's feeling sick. So far I haven't come down with it; he's on day 4.

@shaunarlr83 - great goals for 40! Great work on your new job, and congrats on having the opportunity to run stairs at work! Love your photos - wonderful transformation!

-Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – Thank you – Kismet is so darn soft! Did you enjoy M3GAN? I thought it was fun. And yes, liked Smile enough to watch it at the theater twice and will probably add it to my physical collection. Did you watch it? It totally was not what I expected…I thought it was going to be silly based on the previews. I’m so glad you liked that kitty Valentine :) In answer to your question on my newsfeed, yes, the lettuce is totally normal. Nothing papery about it. I’ll try to remember to send you some of the Grand Rapids Lettuce seeds with the next card I send you.
    @shaunarlr83 – The big Four-Oh! How fun! Fingers crossed the lab shoot can’t get fixed right away :smile: Sucks about helping your sister move on your days off, but totally will be worth it in the end. Hopefully she doesn’t have too much stuff. Your photos are fantastic…you look so happy now!
    @trooworld – Yay for fun cousins! Kismet IS quite the adorable bunny :smile: She’s hilarious when she communicates with me. Hunter is my garden guru and she told me it was time to harvest because my basil was trying to droop over. I need to get a couple little containers to transfer them to. It smells divine!
    @txcritter69 – Oh my! How big did the tomato plant get while indoors?
    @micaroo4 - Stay well, my friend!

Well, my peeps. Depression got the best of me and I made a bad decision yesterday. Got into the cupcakes that were for the baby shower this weekend. I ate 3 of them! And now I’m paying for it…all that sugar hurt my tummy. I wasn’t even freaking hungry. I think I may have had a breakthrough last night, though. I was listening to my Healthi podcast right before bedtime and it was about snacking. After Hunter moved out last summer and I became an empty nester, I have kept snacks out of the house (except for air popped popcorn). In turn, I have driven myself to the point of insanity not being able to think about anything but food starting at about 7pm until bedtime. To the point of literally eating PB out of the container by the spoonful. Emptied 2 jars last week. Instead of denying myself snacks, I need to figure out some delicious healthy ones and have them ready to go…portioned and with the “bites” listed. (The Healthi bites are the same thing as WW points.) I should be planning my snacks just like I do my meals. Heavy meals, light on the snacks. Light meals, heavier on the snacks. Hope this makes sense (it does in my head). Another thing they discussed was having a “snackle box”. Basically the idea is like a mini tackle box (or charcuterie board) with several small servings of snacks that you log at the beginning of the day, but you decide when during the day you want to eat them. Perfect for grazing. That takes a little more planning than I can handle right now, but I’m letting it fester in my brain and take up a little space. I’d probably have some grapes, handful of nuts, carrots/celery with hummus, maybe a small square or two of cheeze. That kind of stuff. Anyone else do a snackle box? If so, give me some ideas :smile:

Off to do some work now. Big hugs to everyone struggling and Hi-fives to those kicking butt. You all are such an important part of my life and I appreciate every single one of you! And drink your water!
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,059 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - you could also try making yourself a Comfort Basket (or box or kit or whatever) and put in it some non-food items that give you comfort and satisfaction. A favorite book. Your journal & pen. A treasured card from someone you love. Some awesome hand lotion. Fuzzy socks. A play list of favorite songs that fire up your motivation (like "Proud" by Heather Small). A craft (like knitting) that occupies your hands. Choose your special things that feed your soul.
    -Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 - What a beautiful idea!
  • amanda32390
    amanda32390 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love the snack ideas @micaroo4 and @vegan4lyfe2012

Snacking is my weakness, especially if I have a late workday. Planning is the way to go!

I didn't share my NO ZERO day wins from yesterday:
    Hit my water goal
    2/3 healthy meals (bad planning on my part with dinner)
    Early bedtime

I have a busy day of laundry, cleaning, and meal prep. Hoping to get in some reading time. I just started reading The Mountain Is You by Brianna Weist. Has anyone read it before?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    @JenAWhite did your visitors from far east come in yet?
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh day Tuesday
    PW - 137.6
    CW - 136.2

That's a new low for me. I didn't mean to lose that much weight; I'm still trying to figure out how much I can eat and maintain. I ate lots extra last week. I could not do yard work for 3 days and I ate the nuts anyways. I'm eating extra fruit and popcorn with parmesan cheese. I've been tasting all of hub's foods too.
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @JenAWhite did your visitors from far east come in yet?
    @19shmoo69 - I forgot to tell you I had to skip. I did tell my sister to share my friend’s stories. I wasn’t able to drive myself an hour into the city, the day after my concussion. I was so sad!!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. Well my new scale still has not been delivered, they say if I don’t get it by tomorrow they will send out another one so I have no idea what to do about last Sunday’s weigh in.
    I am going to add some yoga to my mix and see if that might help out with my non sleep issue.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,606 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 You're doing awesome on your goals! Thank you so much, a wonderful March would be amazing. I'm glad you're feeling a little better, your work sounds like nothing will really prepare you until you get your “feet wet” and do it and it was a lot for sure. Glad you're looking at silver linings like the stairs being good exercise. The photos and difference are so impressive in a billion ways, you're such an inspiration to all of us. I love watching you become even more amazing that you already were which was a LOT!

@trooworld Yum that soup looks really good! It's weird how getting back to eating healthy is comforting after not eating that way for a short time. I guess that's what we'd hope for and not go back to old ways right? I hope everything goes well with Daisy, thinking of her and pray it's gone.

@txcritter69 Oh fun you got in some good garden time! Aw, I love the tomato plant story, I hope it lives up to it's potential this year. I didn't even like tomatoes until I grew one, I'd been growing herbs (love different varieties) and my dad was going to throw one away and I didn't want it to die so I grew it for him. By the next year I was nose deep in everything I could read about heirloom tomatoes and got my table with a light going to start seeds indoors. I hope your spring is amazing and your pain can subside or be better for awhile now. Neuropathy is the worst, you'd think with how bad it is more treatments would be around.

@micaroo4 Oh no, poor Rich! I had to laugh at your comment but really hope it's him being dramatic and he's on the mend. My boyfriend is getting over food poisoning and decided to make enchilada soup with beans, of all things after food poisoning a bunch of spicy gassy things, what the heck? I hope Rich is seriously better soon though and you avoid getting sick.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I did enjoy M4gan, I'll check out Smile then as well. Oh fun I'll try some of the lettuce seeds if you send them, I'd love to send you some goodies too if you let me know some of your favorite things to grow. Sounds like Hunter needs a hydroponic system now but I'm sure her hands will be full once the baby comes. Oh no, I'm sorry you're taking a beating from the cupcakes. I love the way you're thinking with having prepared snacks ready to go. I don't keep a lot of snacks in the house so mine are boring like fruit or I'll get into the pickles, artichoke hearts, or Kalamata olives. The last couple days I've had pumpkin roasted as a snack, I still had one from the farm. I don't have peanut butter in the house anymore, it's one of those things I overeat too easily. Cheese is a great one. When I'm depressed or PMSing my thing was making a big bowl of popcorn but making it the unhealthy way, I need to get another air popper and do it the right way since I've done that a couple times in the last month Let us know what you put in it! @micaroo4 Has a great idea with the comfort box too, I love that, what great ideas!

@amanda32390 Great job with the no zero day wins! I haven't read The Mountain Is You, it looks great and has 4.8 stars on Amazon which is amazing, I'll add it to my list to put on hold through the library, I'm guessing it has a waitlist so let us know what you think.

Hi everyone, night got away from me and I'm a little behind, you're all doing amazing! The rain was actually really bad today, I'm praying my fence stays up for the last few days of this storm. Not a good pain day but I toughed it out and still went to the greenhouse and we got a lot done though it sounded like the roof was going to give at points. It felt great to be starting seeds and transplanting seedlings. I get real cold when I'm flared up so I came home and got in bed and read, I didn't get any work done or any cleaning. I'll probably do the ab challenge I started for another month since I stopped when I couldn't do much, it's fun and I see a difference.

No Zeros
    stretched and spent 4 hours at the farm
    great water from tea
    healthy meals (had the taco soup for both meals and pumpkin)
    Good talk with boyfriend and a close friend
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 love the pictures. You look great and way to push yourself to be your best.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I made some poor choices today too. I understand what you mean about wanting something when you don’t have it. I was just doing that today regarding chocolate. Unfortunately, I bought a bite size brownie. I feel we need to allow ourselves a treat once in awhile. That’s why other ‘diets’ never worked for me.

I did have an off day today with food. I have packed a better lunch for tomorrow-I didn’t pack one today and ended up getting take
    out. This week is my want for chocolate week (ladies know what I mean) and it’s good we don’t have any in the house. I will do my best to look the other way when I’m near a check out. It’s so tough, but I noticed if I don’t eat any, my cravings for it in the next few days aren’t as bad as if I give in.
    Going to a baby shower and 50th bday party this weekend so I need to behave.
  • shaunarlr83
    Options

@trooworld - I’m going to try that recipe! Looks amazing!

@txcritterd69 - I was so sad that I slept all day and it was in the high 70’s here.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - The snackle box idea is cute and would be great since I’m surrounded by kids, I could hide my snacks and sneak them at home or grab it to go for work! I’m sorry you felt so depressed and those cupcakes didn’t help at all. I’ve been craving cereal and if we had had any left last night I could’ve eaten a whole box today.

@FushiaKat - I can’t wait to be at goal and “lose more than I meant too” 😁

Thanks y’all for being so kind!

I can almost officially say I survived my first week of work with little incidents. Huge learning curve but today I was pretty confident! I think I’ll be ready to go it on my own before the 1 month period is up. Honestly tonight I was thinking they should just hire me as night house keeping also so I can stay busy and stop sitting so much. 😂

I’m really looking forward to my days off, I already have a hike with my cousin planned Thursday, might do something fun with my kids Friday or Saturday and I get to go shopping for more scrubs. Hopefully I can do something with mom too. She’s been sick for awhile and her back injection made her hurt more, she went back in today and they told her they weren’t going to do anything more. I hate to see her in pain and feeling bad all of the time. I’ll check back in after I get some sleep and do a workout!!

Happy March everyone!!! ☘️☘️☘️
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Lucky to have spring weather! Us in Southern California are still waiting for the spring weather but I have a feeling it's around the corner. :D I love homegrown tomatoes. I hope to grow some myself someday. Right now, I've got herbs in my Aerogarden that are doing very well. Thank you!

@micaroo4 I'm glad you aren't getting sick from Rich. I don't know how he goes to work feeling bad, I'm a big baby about it and stay home lol. I love the idea of a comfort basket!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Kismet looks adorable. I love the smell of basil. My dill is growing OVER my Aerogarden and it's out of control. I've already pruned it, I don't know what to do lol. I'm sorry about the depression, was it something in particular or just a bout? I'm glad the Healthi podcast helped, I am planning on listening to that one, too. It makes sense. I hope you take pictures of your snack packs, I always get inspired by seeing those! Hugs to you!!!

@amanda32390 Great job with your no zeros! I have not read that book but I (and some others on here) am a big reader. Let us know what you think about it!

@laurelfit57 Bummer about your scale! I hope the yoga helps with your sleep.

@Katmary71 It was really good, my husband agreed too. Yes, it is weird! Exactly, now it's a habit. Thank you very much about Daisy. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself with the pain, and getting into bed. Good job with your no zeros!

@sleepygirl79 If I pack something that isn't appealing, I usually end up getting food from the cafe at work. I hate that! That's a great observation about chocolate.

@DrewsAnna That sucks that you lost your post. I love those cheddar bay biscuits! If you ever want to make them at home, here is a recipe for them that you could tweak: https://www.food.com/recipe/red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits-31206 Thinking of you and your sister. <3

@shaunarlr83 I hope you like it! I added the optional parm and ricotta to our bowls. LOL that's great you are complaining about sitting so much. I'm glad things are going well. That's too bad about your mom's back infection. So she just has to live with it??? Happy March!

Hi all. I had a darned good day yesterday. I hope today is just as good. The vet is happy with the progress with Daisy's lungs but she has other problems that need to be addressed. It's depressing and worrying.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I ate healthily all day, and drank over double the amount of water as the day before (I drank 60 oz).

Join our Stridekick challenge (miles walked/ran)...my username is LibraryGoddess: https://link.stridekick.com/join

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @trooworld way to go on such a good day! We habitually post when things don’t go as planned, but so good to post when things go well!
This discussion has been closed.