Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
edited April 2023 in Social Groups
odxdg7opwn44.png
Here is your Team chat room for March 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The March challenge runs for 5 weeks, from Feb 26 - April 1. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. Let's have a Green March!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app. I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I like to lift weights on our Tonal home gym, walk and talk with friends, as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore due to knee pain.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    I'm going to post the NO ZERO DAYS stuff again for the benefit of the new members...

ebhop92z7k81.png

I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Catching up again 🙃

@shaunarlr83, I’m packing for Istanbul and really hope to get some great photos. I’m likely to share in stridekick because I only get on her through the app. I don’t think I can share photos from my iphone. Hope work is great 💐

@Katmary71 the sweet potato debacle, I need to ask some
    of my local gardening friends and farmers. Hub found some potatoes today which is great. They’re all
    different sizes. Can’t wait to make those. It’s a bucket full so I will be ok with sharing. 😂
    I don’t have hamsters right now. Mine passed away in October. I’m still sad. They were a rescue/adoption and my first time having lil fluffs. They were the best. I became the crazy ham lady really quick. Now the enclosures take two walls of my living room upstairs. So I have space for new ones. I was trying to find some for adoption to avoid hamster mills, I prefer older or disabled. So far none have worked out. I am on a break for looking since I will travel. I want to adopt all the furry creatures.

@Cornanda thanks for the encouragement. I’m trying to keep my steps and exercise going while I work on getting past my down days. It’s day 2 and another bowl of pasta (wheat free, weighed, and within calories) and some healthy snacks. But I see the sun shining through my blah mood.

Keep up the good job on your steps. I’m cheering for you. 🎉

@trooworld thank you for the reminder to pop in on the low moments. I do come and read. I get motivated by everyone’s posts. Every time, I see your name I think, Drink Water. 😉

Welcome to all the new members💐

I encourage everyone who is working on getting their daily steps to join the stridekick challenge. It’s fun.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mornin' y'all!

This will be my 2nd month here. I am still trying to get focused on all this. 2023 seems to be the yr. that I want to change EVERYTHING! With that being said I want to make some new habbits this month, starting with:
    1. Logging into MFP daily and completing food logs.
    2. I want to push for my step goal every day.
    3. Also I want to pop in here every morning and see how everyone is doing.

My Introduction:
    My name is Sandy, I am a mom of 2, Brittney (my daughter) and Stephen (my son). I am married to my solemate and partner in crime John who is a Colon Cancer Survivor. I have 5 handsome grandsons ages 10, 13,15, 17 and 19.
    I am a retired Correctional Officer of 21 yrs.
    I live in Copperas Cove, Tx. My kids all live in this area as well. I make it a point to be in their lives so that they will have no regrets later in life.
    I do suffer from emotional depression which I choose not to use medication for. I have been on meds before and did not like the way they made me feel (numb).
    I use my family, exercise and my Diesel to help me.

We are in the middle of remodeling our home. We are finishing up the living room, dinning room and guest room over the next few months. I also decided to paint the kitchen(I am going to be spending a lot of time in there 😜) for now cuz it won't see a remodel job for awhile.
    I have also been decluttering and organizations throughout my home.

Congrats to all that have lost over the month of Feb.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    The March Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday Feb 26th. Join us for a 7-Day Happiness Challenge.

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884840/march-week-1-group-challenge-7-day-happiness-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome to Mission Slimpossibles with the awesome @trooworld and @broncobuddee as our team captains and me as our motivator (sorry I've been slacking this week!). I'm Kathy and I'm 51, I live in the Sacramento area with my two cats Jasper and Asher. I've been part of this group for going on four years and have grown and learned a lot here, if there's anything I can do to help you or cheer you on please feel free to reach out to me (for private messages you would have to add a person first on here as a friend which I'm happy to do). I struggle with chronic pain and was bedridden from for over two decades, my worst pain condition had gone in remission when I'd first started here and I'd been doing better but has since returned and I'm learning how to stay active with the pain minus the heavy medications this time. I was 222lbs at my highest and am about 147 now and have my diabetes in remission and my liver is in better shape thank goodness plus I'm strong enough that I can usually care for myself now. I do chair cardio, stretching, and strength training and eat somewhat low carb. I love reading and gardening and volunteer with the food bank farm as well as a local charity when I can and do some part-time work from home. I also spend a lot of time with my family and my boyfriend lives about 2 hours away so I see him when I can as well.

Let's have an amazing March!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weight in, Fed.26th
    SW: 175
    PW: 172.4
    CW: 173.4
    Well, I knew this was going to happen and I am ok with it.
    It was a pretty hard week as far as the emotional roller coaster ride. The 23rd was my Dad's birthday. I am still down almost 2 lbs for February so, I will chalk that up as a win for the month.

I am getting my mind set for the up coming month.
    My goals for March are as follow
    1) Going to bed on time.
    2) Getting daily step count of 7500.
    3) Continuing to cook at home.
    4) Completing food log.
    5) Working the Group Challenges.

☕Today is
    like COFFEE
    It will be
    As Good As
    YOU MAKE IT☕

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    It's snowing. The forecast called for flurries, but it's been coming down steadily for 3 hours. I fell last year while walking in the snow, and broke my wrist. So now I'm afraid of walking outside when it's slippery. I did 45 minutes on the stationary bike and 20 minutes of stretching.
    -Mica
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee

Good morning,

Could I please be moved to the sidelines for a while? I’ll check back in once things get back on track.

Thanks very much.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

qonwbjeb7t5u.png
    jmjmaa3bke99.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    9x2ntes7cuew.png

By Pounds
    zgwq6hiy036f.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    5ozsov1asv9b.png

By Pounds
    sg1c6ug2zjye.png
    h4n06kvo5ikm.png

Team Winners
    8z8r9xkl8ego.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

zvbshkmg3wd7.png
    eaysnv23f5uw.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    nucfkg0mrztb.png

By Pounds
    1rrcmxvupba7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    h0joagzcl6m2.png

By Pounds
    9410w4wq6keo.png
    d8fjw322y3sx.png
    fl54m3w25gk3.png

Team Winners
    1rxk60bs23nk.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I will be late on my weigh in. My new scale was supposed to arrive yesterday, but it is still stating out for delivery. I ordered it through Amazon, they are usually pretty good, I’m hoping it arrives today so I can do my way in tomorrow morning.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to be here for the March Challenge! This is my first month back after a break.

I’m a mom of a boy who is heading to college in the fall. (Big news arrives in March.) I'm from Texas. I teach science and math privately. My spring ambitions include a garden, but I may have already missed the window for planting tomatoes in central Texas, so it may just be greens this year. I also have backyard chickens (currently just two, so we may get some chicks this spring). I also have an indoor bird, a cat, and a large personable goldfish. (No hamsters, though.)

I have weight to lose if I want to stay healthy and moving, and I know from experience that a community makes that much easier and more fun.

I am vegan with an emphasis on fruits, vegetables, and beans (Fuhrmann & Greger). I do daily exercise, usually walking plus some other bonus things like practicing martial arts kicks.

My no zeros:
    Eating fruits and vegetables
    Fasting window (aiming for 17-7)
    Steps
    Water drinking
    Organizing/decluttering my house; current focus is my dreaded office

Thanks for being here! I am so grateful to be here in this conversation.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I was off doing Scouts this weekend and got behind on comments. I read all the posts for the end of February and wrote a long reply, but it seems out of place? So I will just say congrats for some great weigh-ins and moments of strength, and hugs for those dealing with challenges. It's a new month!
  • amanda32390
    amanda32390 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Amanda, and I live in Southeast Michigan. The past few years have been a rollercoaster, and my health has suffered. I joined F2F to make myself a priority, create better habits, and have fun! I have a busy schedule; I work full time, go to school for dietetics, and live with my 90-year-old grandpa. My grandma recently passed away in May, and learning to live without her has been challenging for my entire family. I have realized that I use food to cope and deal with stress. I want to get to a point where I see food as fuel rather than a way to manage. I am on a self-love journey!

My goals for March:
    Log meals in MFP everyday
    Meals planned with nutrient-dense, whole foods
    Drink 64 ounces of water a day
    Bedtime by 10 pm
    Exercise for 30 minutes/3x a week
    Big or small... any kind of self-care each day

@broncobuddee I'll weigh in on Sundays :)

Username: amanda32390
    Weigh-in: Sunday
    SW: 145.0
    PW: 141.0
    CW: 141.6
This discussion has been closed.