This March I Will...

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited February 2023 in Social Groups
vupeqn3ndsdo.jpeg

I really loved our February theme of treating ourselves with more love, kindness, and compassion (Thanks, @MadisonMolly2017!). I think there's a related principle to loving ourselves more that we might explore this month: reigning in our self doubt, a negative self-image, or that nagging feeling that we can't accomplish something that we want to achieve. Why don't we March all over our self doubts this month?

How do you change an unhelpful self image? One strategy recommended by James Clear is to clearly state your desired perception and then prove it to yourself with small wins. Many of our members already use this strategy when they specify their goal for the month with an affirmation like, "I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul" and "I am a person that does workouts she enjoys". These affirmations have real power to change our self-image and thus our lives, especially when backed-up with concrete, doable daily actions.

Whatever you decide to work on this month, let's make it a great March!

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie
@themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017

New to Habit Building?

Please review our Newcomer’s Guide and our Nuts and Bolts of Habit Building as it will help you get started. Set a reminder to check-in periodically with us. Check-in daily, weekly, or as often as works for you, but let us know how you are progressing! We're here to support and encourage you, but if you don't post, we can't cheer you on.

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,074 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Love this theme! Thanks guys

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,715 Member
    Options
    My March objectives.

I am committed to my wellness both physically and mentally.

I am going to finish my 100 mile challenge for winter.

I am going to continue to eat more meatless meals (includes chicken and fish).

I got this.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Thank you @themedalist!! So helpful!

I am a person who shifts her priorities when the scale goes up. She makes health her first priority.

I am a person who knows that sodium
    Increases my mouth hunger, so I keep it under 1,500mg per day

I am a person who listens to her body AND does exercise without overdoing it.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    2nd march
    I am a person that pretracks every night ♥
    I am person that Tracks all food Including over eating days, days off work, celebrations and w/e♥
    I am a person that manages her time efficiently by leaving work on time, close to 4.30pm as possible♥
    I am a person that takes her vitimans everyday. ♥
    I am a person that will gives herself grace by taking a break from weighing myself daily and instead just focus on a healthy relationship with food and my body!♥
    I am a person that writes 1 word in my journal♥
    I am a person that reports here daily ♥
    I am a person that takes a break from the internet...no youtube or podcasts for 2 weeks so far and 1 week with no watsapp!!♥
    I am a person who gets things done and avoids procrastinating!! 1 week so far of getting work out done quicker wen i wake up, more chores being done after work and tasks at work getting done in the moment♥

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    BBH MARCH I will…
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎
    🍎🍇 MARCH 2023 🍇🍎
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

February was a good month for me. ‘Right This Minute’ has been very successful and will be added to my Solid Habits.

March I will …..
    I have rather a lot on this month so am concentrating on consolidating my Solid Habits this month, particularly tracking CI < CO, staying under calorie goal, and exercise. I am currently maintaining at around 7 lbs below my upper weight limit.

However, I have also decided to resurrect my Happiness Jar. I did this with a friend a few years ago, and still have the notes I put in it then.
    Happiness Jar: Write down > 4 positive experiences per day
    💃💃
    Daily Solid Habits:
    Solid Habits
    💎Right this minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 6000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    💎Close Apple rings
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Daily chores
    💚💚

YOU are worth the effort!

• donna25trinity
    edited March 2023
    Options

Good luck with all ur healthy habits guys!!! Xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    BBH MARCH I will…
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎
    🍎🍇 MARCH 2023 🍇🍎
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

February was a good month for me. ‘Right This Minute’ has been very successful and will be added to my Solid Habits.

March I will …..
    I have rather a lot on this month so am concentrating on consolidating my Solid Habits this month, particularly tracking CI < CO, staying under calorie goal, and exercise. I am currently maintaining at around 7 lbs below my upper weight limit.

However, I have also decided to resurrect my Happiness Jar. I did this with a friend a few years ago, and still have the notes I put in it then.
    Happiness Jar: Write down > 4 positive experiences per day
    💃💃💃🏼

Daily Solid Habits:
    Solid Habits
    💎Right this minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 6000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    💎Close Apple rings
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Daily chores
    💚💚💚

YOU are worth the effort!

• donna25trinity
    Options
    3rd
    I am person that Tracks all food Including over eating days, days off work, celebrations and w/e♥
    I am a person that manages her time efficiently by leaving work on time, close to 4.30pm as possible♥
    I am a person that will gives herself grace by taking a break from weighing myself daily and instead just focus on a healthy relationship with food and my body!♥
    I am a person fter that writes 1 word in my journal♥
    I am a person that takes a break from the internet...no youtube or podcasts for 2 weeks so far and 1 week with no watsapp!!♥
    I am a person who gets things done and avoids procrastinating!! 1 week so far of getting work out done quicker wen i wake up, more chores being done after work and tasks at work getting done in the moment♥

• donna25trinity
    Options
    4th
    I am a person fter that writes 1 word in my journal♥

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    I’m loving your I am statements

Inspired by your affirmations: I am a woman who stays within her calorie goal and doesn’t use exercise or emotions as an excuse to overeat. 👇 indicates staying under calorie goal.

March 1 👇
    March 2 👇
    March 3 👇
    March 4 👇
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    March 4 💚💛❤️🧡 • 🧘‍♀️ • 🧹
    March 3 💚💛❤️🧡 • 🧘‍♀️ • ❎
    March 2 💚💛❤️🧡 • 🧘‍♀️ • 🧹
    March 1 💚💛❤️🧡 • 🧘‍♀️ • 🧹
    • I am a person who eats a variety of colourful vegetables to lessen the sugar impact from using fruit as the sole source for her 7-10 a day.

• I am a person who practices mindful meditation to create a sense of peace and well being.

• I am a person who does at least one small housecleaning task every day in order to not become overwhelmed.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    5th
    I am a person that takes a break from the internet...no youtube or podcasts for 3 weeks so far and 2 week with no watsapp!!♥
    I am a person who gets things done and avoids procrastinating!! week 2 so far of getting work out done quicker wen i wake up, more chores being done after work and tasks at work getting done in the moment♥

• donna25trinity
    Options
    6th
    I am a person that takes a break from the internet...no youtube or podcasts for 3 weeks so far and 2 week with no watsapp!!♥
    I am a person who gets things done and avoids procrastinating!! week 2 so far of getting work out done quicker wen i wake up, more chores being done after work and tasks at work getting done in the moment♥

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    3/5 cal ✅ track✅ 10K steps✅ 169.4
    3/6 cal ✅ track✅ 10K+ steps✅ 170.06

First Goal: 164.1 (Normal BMI)

Thinking of it as I did for 5 years.

THIS IS MY JOB. My health is my top priority. Non-negotiable.

My job description:
    10K steps every day.
    Calories under.
    Track all.