Newbie!

Options
raenright
raenright Posts: 54 Member
Hi, just joined, I was using Noom for the last while but I've switched to MFP so that I can track macros. I was on a weight loss plateau for 4 months so I'm trying keto to try and kick-start my metabolism and try something new. I'm two weeks in to My Keto Month and going well so far, down 2lbs, def noticed my energy levels are more balanced throughout the day but there is soooo much more food planning and prep coming from eating less processed food (which would be a good switch for me even if it wasn't keto).

Nice to see a low carb community here 😀

Replies

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    welcome :)

~ when I start new approaches - you're right, it can be so time consuming - i started keeping a notebook with a few meals of each meal that worked for me - repeated those and added new ones... it helped alleviate that feeling of starting from scratch each day

also, in the mfp food tracker is a tab for 'my meals' ~ you access it just like your recent foods, foods you added manually on the same page where you look up foods in MFP's database.

so, i tend to eat the same breakfast often; black coffee with chocolate protein powder, tbsp pb with whip cream and a little tangerine. there are 2 fast ways to track. you can copy the meal to the day (from a prior day) - and, you can save the the group to 'my meals' with a name so in the future you can go to the 'my meals' tab and choose it. [this is also an easy way to keep a recipe and swap out ingredients for something a little more complex like a layered eggplant with spaghetti sauce and cheese.] Hang in - it will get easier & faster as you find your foods, groups and nail down the system!