Best Bread for Type II Diabetics

barbie613
barbie613 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2023 in Social Groups
My Pepperidge Farms Homestyle Oat Bread has carbs + sugar - Help! What is a good bread for diabetics... that doesn't taste like cardboard (fingers crossed.)

Answers

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I just don't eat bread. That may not be a good solution for you. My wife likes low carb tortillas for wraps and things. Tell us what you find. I hope other people tell you what they are doing.

At one point we used to make almond flour "mug bread" to have something toasted with breakfast.
  • JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 39 Member
    I like a nice whole wheat bread. I have Dempsters(only in Canada, I think). I know this is an unpopular statement, but bread is not the enemy. We do needs carbs to keep everything working as it should, just not overdoing it. Everything in moderation.
    Find a good whole wheat bread. And enjoy. the bread I have is 31g carbs and 5 fibres for 2 slices. not bad.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    I quite like Aldi Keto-friendly, which is 35 cal/slice, 0 net carbohydrates. It's a fairly sturdy bread, good for sandwiches. I'm in the mid-Atlantic area, and there are two regional bakeries (Nickle's and Heiner's) that also do a 35-cal/5 net carbs bread that is thinner and spongier.