September Monthly Goals

Options
Use this format which is also stickied in a separate thread in case somehow you lose it:

Monthly Goal
Name:
Date:
Height:
Weight:

SMART Goal for [Pick a Focus - Diet/Fitness/Self]:
S - [Specific]
M - [Measurable]
A - [Attainable]
R - [Relevant]
T - [Time Oriented]
(Remember to reevaluate!)

[Fill out a SMART Goal for whichever goals you plan to have for the month, you might have one for each focus or maybe just one focus for the month. You can put the short 'n' sweet version here but it can be helpful to track your goals in a notebook with the full on, wordy and thoughtful version of the SMART exercise and also track what you think/feel during your reevaluations!]

Replies

• shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Date: 9/9/2013
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 170lbs

SMART Goal for Fitness:
    S - Complete my training runs for the Half Moon Bay International Half Marathon on Sept 29th, 2013
    M - I have set up training runs for the next three weeks to build up to the endurance needed for my race.
    A - I will be taking a break from direct lifting for the next three weeks to focus on running and with my current work schedule, continuing with 5/3/1 while finishing my training is just not feasible.
    R - I have a goal of bettering my half marathon time. Last year I ran the SF Half Marathon in 2:49:16, 12:54/mi, with shoddy training and never completing a run longer than 5 mi prior to race day. My goal this year is to complete the race between 2:20:00 and 2:30:00, 10:40-11:26/mi pace. My endurance is better and I'm lighter and I'm stronger. Running is something I hate, there is a different satisfaction in completing something that you don't like than completing something that you love (like lifting).
    T - The race is on Sept 29th :)

SMART Goal for Diet:
    S - Stay within 1800 cals and hit macros for fat and protein at least 90% of my goal intake.
    M - Tracking on MFP and accurately measuring and weighing my food.
    A - I will have three relatively normal weeks of work leading up the end of September and will have more time for prepping food either ahead of time or in the evening.
    R - I have made it over 40 days with no B&P so now it is time to start eating for my fitness and weight loss goals again, not just for my recovery of my eating disorder.
    T - Each week I can reevaluate how I am doing with these goals and do a final month check in at the end of September.