What's On Your Mind Today?

Options

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    Love all.the conversation and wisdom guys!!! Thank u and always appreciated, xo
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,112 Member
    Options
    @lesdarts180 Good for you paying close attention to your weight and intake and concluding that a change is needed. 💛 Do you have a date for surgery yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 🤞🏻
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    LifeChangz wrote: »
    good idea @IsraaQ ~ the MFP food tracker does not auto-reduce calories when you post in lower weights, and we need to readjust for our lower weights from time to time.

@madisonmolly - exactly - an extra 50 cals a day is 5 lbs a year, just 100 cals day after day is 10 lbs a year - about an extra large apple a day. It was eye opening when I realized it - and that I didn't have to cut crazy amounts of calories - just persistently eat a little less than I burned... stable eating and it would work... the scale will follow the eating...

now, if it was just easier to eat enough and stop at enough - with all the ginormous meals at restaurants & celebrations - my inner 2 yr old child thinks every meal should be a feast! lol... well, NOT! Every meal does not have to be special - we can always have more later when our body needs more... not gonna starve in the near future, that's for sure!

Glad we have this challenge, and so glad MFP is working again!

However, we are moving over the next couple weeks and need to change phones, transport/start different internet & tv services so researching all that. Our current old phones don't work at our new place, so not quite sure when I will be back online consistently. Hopefully will be all hooked up and back for May! Hope the rest of the month goes well for all of you - see you next challenge. Cheers :)

Thank you @LifeChangz & best of luck with your move!!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    vgulyash wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight. I do weigh most days but only log weekly. My new mantra..extra 50 calories a day equals an extra 5 lbs a year.

It can be quite freeing @vgulyash when we realize the corollary that decreasing our daily calories by 50 calories OR increasing our walking by 1/2 a mile will result in a 5-Lb loss per year!
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    @LifeChangz - SO, I am NOT the only one with a 2 yo inner child - that hit home!! Thanks
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,830 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or are there 2 threads for 18 April? 😳🤪🙃🙃
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    Options
    Yup I believe there are 2 threads for 4/18
  • jamcnewman
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I am really glad that you have recognized that you need to step back for your own well being @LazyBlondeChef 💛

Perhaps it is time for us to consider making UAC much less labour intensive and complicated? I wasn’t around when Ranger Rick ran the group, but have heard from many that it was quite streamlined and uncomplicated. He posted something simple most days (a cartoon, or question, or just a good wish for the day) and he’d highlight one member post or two some days. All the members would comment and cheer each other on and there was no need for a formal “reader/commenter/cheerleader” role. There was no need to have folks sign up for specific days to write opener posts, etc. So the administration of the group was a lot less complex than it seems to be now.

We lose many people (but for the standard group who joins up and sticks it out every month) when they hit the three passes. I spend time reaching out to folks and encouraging them to stick with it, or just pick one accountability and succeed if it is all too much. But usually they leave and say they’ll start again next month….

I simply need a place to report in my three accountabilities and to be a part of a group of like-minded people striving for wellness. The group helps me be answerable to more than myself, have a place I can reach out with with questions or for support, and where I can pay it back by being a supporter and helper to others.

I have ideas about how to make the UAC much simpler. But change isn’t always welcome — and I get that. 😊 So, I suggest someone who wants UAC to stay exactly the same step up to take over leadership of the group?

If there is interest in change, I’d be happy to step up and work with some other leaders to quickly learn and preserve what folks want to keep, but make it less complex than it is currently.

Looking forward to seeing your responses!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    One vote for simple here. It’s still a lot of work and dedication for someone tho. 😳
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    In case folks are wondering. LBC posted in April 19
    I'm sorry to tell you all but due to my ongoing issue at the moment I can't to do this anymore. I hope it will improve in a few months but I have no idea if it will. I hope someone will take over this for May. If things improve in a few months I'd want to come back.
    Probably deserves its' own thread but here is as good a place to discuss as any.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I vote simple as well, did one accomplish the 3 goals for the day or not? Simple and easy. I must admit I struggle with the cheerleader some weeks and appreciate everyone jumping in.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Simple is good. I'm a proponent of having ppl volunteer for content creator should someone have an interest. I think it fosters community; it's been nice getting to know one another. I dont think it needs to be a formal thing that requires each day to be filled however. Just if someone would like to, have at it. A lot of times when I volunteer for it, I just do a meme; I like those too. I think it adds a bit of brightness to the thread. As to cheerleader, Im indifferent. A kind word here and there to various members from various members who have the time to do so suffices. Rick seemed to operate that way.
    That's just my thoughts on moving forward. However I work full time with a sleeping disorder, therefore I wont be the one to take on a lot of the administrative tasks (but would consider doing so when I retire). Hence Im agreeable to whatever the UAC becomes. I love the community of the group and am both appreciative and grateful for its existence and the contributions made to keep it going.
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,657 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I also love this group and love the way it runs today <3 That said, I think a bit simpler will also still hit the mark. I will be happy to help with set-up of the team structure (with changes to simplify) and post content for some days, if that's wanted. I am hoping to work along with others who are happy to continue @jamcnewman
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Options
    Throwing in (or asking for ) a relatable or topical meme as a conversational starter is good. I would suggest keeping some of our standard (copy over - worth repeating for newcommers ) early-days themes like Recognition of previous month's Winners and Champions (and what that means); Importance of Tracking; Importance of Exercise. If there have been themes (or thought-provoking memes) that people found worth repeating, maybe collect up some of those to repost in random order through the month?
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    Options
    I am fine with simpler too. I unfortunately work from a phone 98% of the time so i have trouble with a lot of the administration
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    I am fine with simpler too. I unfortunately work from a phone 98% of the time so i have trouble with a lot of the administration

I hear you Mary — I only work from my phone too and don’t use a desktop to access MFP. @bookieNJ
  • jamcnewman
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I also love this group and love the way it runs today <3 That said, I think a bit simpler will also still hit the mark. I will be happy to help with set-up of the team structure (with changes to simplify) and post content for some days, if that's wanted. I am hoping to work along with others who are happy to continue @jamcnewman

@deskjockey925
    Hi Diane — I will PM you and perhaps we can have @LazyBlondeChef extend administrative access to us so that we can harvest from April to set up a bare bones for May? @Caroline_slowandsteady and @mrs_hoffer had (I think) a set of basic instructions that were shared about administration of the group and I hope @LazyBlondeChef has them as neither Caroline nor Teresa is around here now. Sound good? Anyone else willing to help? Otherwise there will be no May UAC and I think that would really be a shame.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I would help but I work off my phone and am tech challenged I will continue to contribute positive affirmations as we all need them at times
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Thanks Kate! @snowshoe072 I have messaged @LazyBlondeChef to see what we can do to get access and we’ll start from there. 🥰 Your positive affirmations are very much valued!